Lil_Halo

Probably a bit of a silly question...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm just filling out some of my forms for AOS, EAD and AP early and I'm going to be putting my married name on them all right? (wedding is next month!) just checking and then in the other name bits I'd put my maiden name?

Thanks!

Claire

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

After marriage you put your married name everywhere, unless it asks specifically for maiden name.

K1

06-04-05 Met my fiancee in London

08-20-05 Engagement in Manchester, UK

09-07-05 Filed for I-129F

09-14-05 I-129F NOA1 Receipt

10-11-05 I-129F NOA2 Approved

10-13-05 NVC mails petition to US embassy in London

11-07-05 Received packet from US embassy

01-12-05 Medical Examination

02-03-06 Interview Date

02-06-06 Visa Received

03-10-06 U.S. Entry at Newark Liberty Intl.

AOS

04-03-06 Got Married

04-11-06 Picked up Marriage Certificate

04-13-06 Applied for Social Security

04-15-06 Went to Civil Surgeon's for I-693A

04-17-06 Picked up I-693A from Civil Surgeons

04-19-06 Received Social Security card

04-22-06 Sent AOS package

05-04-06 Checks cashed for AOS and EAD

05-06-06 NOA1 received for AOS and EAD

05-13-06 AOS and EAD touched

05-15-06 Appt. letter for Biometrics

05-20-06 Biometrics Appointment

05-25-06 AOS and EAD touched

07-20-06 EAD Approved

07-25-06 EAD received in mail

07-27-06 Notice for interview

09-26-06 AOS Approved

114952351596656.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Or rather, you put the name by which you wish to be known everywhere unless it specifically asks for your maiden name ;)

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Or rather, you put the name by which you wish to be known everywhere unless it specifically asks for your maiden name ;)

yeap :thumbs:

09-14-2010 Boston's biggest ceremony of naturalization, I'm a citizen now! :)

1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.