WHsoulmates

help us choose plz

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

wt can i say to describe wt we r feeling now, since she left back to the us 2 days ago all i hav been doing is watching our photos and talking with her on msn, i didnt do anything besides that, it is so hard, this emptiness inside me

i know she is feeling the same and even more all we hav been talking about is getting her back here

and after some thinking we knew that we hav 2 choices :

* either we stick to the usual plan that many of u r applying and fill teh papers from there, and hopefuly we will be together in 8 or 9 months ( we r filling for a k3visa) since she cant visit me that often acctualy we got married on her first visit, waiting all that time is a very hard experience to go through specially that we r both very sensitive people and that she would be by herself in 4months cz her parents r moving to another state leaving her dealing with other problems starting with finding a little flat to rent and the fact that she will be by herself with no one next to her to take care of her plus all the financial problems that would be generated by this

* our second choice is that she leaves the us to come live with me here for at least 6months than we can fill directly at the embassy since she will be considerated as a resident, all she has over there is a car and her job we both know that her boss wont accept to give her any days off to come visit me if by any chance we saved enough moneyplus as he says he is not planning to give her any raise , taking this choice would make it easier on us specially that i hav a house over here and that she gets along in a fabilous way with my family, i may need to hav a second job but it is all good since we will be together , plus filling directly through the embassy will save us money and time cz usually it doesnt take longer than 3months to hav everything done , and u will be travelling to the us with an immigrant visa without having to deal with all the adjustment of statue

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Many of us have experienced the feelings you are having now. You both will get through this immigration process. I do understand being apart but once you are together again, this time will be forgotten. You have stated your two options and there is much to think about. In my opinion I would file the papers while she is here. She will have a job and a place to live, which you will both need when you come here. Unless she has enough money and assets, she will have to prove she can support you when you file your paperwork. If she leaves her job will she still be able to do this? If she cannot, then you have to have a co-sponsor and I have read many times that this can be a hard thing to do. Good Luck on whatever decision you arrive at.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it's a very personal decision and there are many aspects that need to considered - I think that Doreen makes a lot sense in her response. I would just add - follow your heart but listen to your reason/mind as well...Best of luck with your final choice!

D.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

PROBLEM with Option two:

To sponsor a foreign spouse (fiance/husband), the petitioner needs to demonstrate financial ability to support him. In the process of filing, she will need to submit an Affidavit of Support. This form asks how much money your wife earns, how much money earned for the previous year and any assets she may have.

If your American wife can not meet the financial requirements, then she must find a third person willing to sponsor you (a JOINT SPONSOR).

So, if your wife goes to live with you in Tunisia, will she be able to sponsor you on Affidavit of Support? If not, will she have someone to help her?

Edited by Nutty

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I will add that getting married on the first visit will be considered a red flag.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.