1daysoon

Interview date for Biometrics

11 posts in this topic

Well I have checked the USCIS site every day to see if we had been touched and also kept an eye on my email account and I have heard nothing :crying: , so you can understand how my heart skipped a beat when I went to the mail box this morning and there were 2 letters from the USCIS with my son and I's biometric appointment dates in . :dance::dance::dance: I really thought that they had forgotten us as I had seen lots of others getting their dates .. thanks to crazybrit for telling me not to worry as here in the south things take longer :lol:

My question is has anyone had their biometrics done in Atlanta and is it easy to find with good parking close by .....and my appointment is scheduled for 10am and my sons is at 1pm on the same day at the same place..... would it be worth my while to mention about my sons later appointment time when I have mine on the off chance that they will do us together to save us having to hang around in Atlanta for another few hours

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbs:

Gonna go and have a nice HOT cup of tea and calm down :D

Ange :star:

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 14th 08 ..... Mailed the I-751. Back in the system we go

Oct 18th 08 ..... NOA receipt date

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Oct 24th 08 ..... NOA arrives in post.

Nov 13th 08 ..... Receive date for Bio-metrics in Atlanta.

Nov 28th 08 ..... Bio-metrics appointment.

Feb 18th 09 ..... Date of decision to remove conditions on permanent residency.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Mar 7th 09 ....... My 10 yr green card arrives.

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

Going to take a little break from the immigration stuff.

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm from Atlanta, but unfortunately I can't tell you about parking because they just recently moved office and I haven't been there since then.

But I would definitely take the son along to your appointment and try to convince them to go ahead and do his as well. I'm sure they'll be understanding. At least I hope they will be!! :)

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Timeline

A lady I work with had biometrics done in Atlanta for an international adoption and she said the place is pretty easy to find. She said it is worth it to pay to park in the lot across the street from it and pay the fee rather than have to look for a place or worry about your car.

She said it is in a different part of town from where you go for the interview. I'd recommend using a map site like Mapquest or Google's version to print out directions if you're worried about finding it.

I know I am dreading having to drive in Atlanta. I used to live In Nashville & Charlotte, but after being in Savannah for 15 years big city driving just makes me nervous.

So they are doing biometrics appointments separate from the interview in Georgia? I know some others had said they did them at the same time as the interview, but I guess that wouldn't work here since they are in a different location.

They have moved the place in the past several months so most of us from ATL had biometrics done in a different location.

A lady in my office went last week to the new location and said that the new place is in more of an industrial complex area. She said that on-street parking was not a problem.

No problem having all persons prints/photos taken at the same time....just tell them at the time of your first appointment.

Good luck....

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My son and I have our Bio's appointment on Feb 22nd too in Atlanta. Actually my letter has both AOS, EAD appointment for 11am that day, my son's is the same time for his AOS. We just received his letter for EAD Bio for Feb 23 at 9am. So I am going to ask them very nicely to do his EAD on the Feb 22nd so that we dont have to drive all the way back to Atanta the next day. Might see you there. :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

We might just ..... we are travelling from South Carolina so going to set off around 5-5.30 ...I would sooner be early than late and as we dont know where in Atlanta we dont want to get lost lol

Ange

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

Oct 20th 08 ..... Check has been cashed, waiting on the NOA1 and Biometrics appointment now.

Feb 23rd 09 ..... Received notification on approval ( via snail mail ). Green card on order.

Feb 26th 09 ..... Card production ordered. Pleas wait 30 days ( as per case status on USCIS home page ).

Apr 22nd 09 ..... Sons 10 yr green card finally arrives( after a nudge at VSC from the USCIS helpline)

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
We might just ..... we are travelling from South Carolina so going to set off around 5-5.30 ...I would sooner be early than late and as we dont know where in Atlanta we dont want to get lost lol

Ange

Wow, is there honestly no closer ASC than Atlanta?? That really sucks!

Did you Mapquest or Google the directions?

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am actually going for my 3rd biometrics in Atlanta tomorrow afternoon . I went once to the former location which was relatively easy to find but parking was atrocious. I have been twice to the new support center. It is easy to find but is in an industrial complex. If you are coming from I-75 exit to the north on Howell Mill Rd. It is a small, narrow road and very busy. I think it is the first or second traffic light, you turn to the left (west) onto Collier Rd. It meanders around a number of turns and up and down hills and past a commercial and residential area then becomes an industrial area. You turn right at 1255 which is just after a stop light as you are going down hill. There is a big trucking type of company immediately before. The place is well signed but you do need to look for it. Immigration is at the back of the building so drive to the end of the parking lot. There is overflow parking in the field right next door. Parking doesn't seem to be a problem. The entrance door is at the back. The centre is quite nice - very large, bright and clean with lots of chairs. Turn off your cell phone, then present your documents to the security officer who will check your appointment. You next line up for the counter where an officer will take your information and then have you go and sit in the waiting area. They say don't arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. That should be plenty of time to check in. I had to wait about 20 minutes before I was called up for my fingerprints, so bring a book or something to read. The personnel were friendly and efficient and I was out of there very quickly. Don't worry - it is a vast improvement over the previous support centre and you should be fine. Everything is nicely marked:-). Is anyone else here having fingerprints done tomorrow? My appointment is at 1:45 - perhaps we can say hello:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Atlanta is the one we have been told to go to and it seems on reading other peoples posts that really we are not too far away .... we are just 10 mins from the Georgia state line and about 2 hours from Atlanta itself ..... The reason why we are going so early is that we will hit rush hour .....

thanks Kathryn I will get my hubby to read your comment

Ange n Rog

Here we go again !

Lifting conditions

31e3d60.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Ange,

I should have read where you were coming from more closely:-). Yes, you will still take Howell Mills Rd, but you will exit south, then cross over I-75 on Howell Mills Rd by turning left (east). Collier Rd will then be 1 or 2 stop lights after you cross over I-75. The exit for Howell Mills Rd is before you get to downtown Atlanta so that will help with traffic. There are lots of restaurants and commericial businesses in the area as well, so if you find yourself early you will be able to stop for a coffee or a bite to eat somewhere too, or else something after the biometrics.

Good luck and safe travel:-).

Kathryn

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I had my 2nd biometrics done at the end of December and I went to the new location in Collier Rd. It was easy to find, very close to Ikea. In fact, we went there after the bio appointment! :P

My husband parked in the parking lot were the building is located. No problems at all. The entrance door is almost hidden, it gives the impression of an escape door rather than the main entrance! The office occupies in the entire first floor.

Good Luck!

Micius

squsqutbu20080408_-8_Michael%20is.png

K-1 TIMELINE

May 19, 2004: I-129F sent to TSC

June 12, 2004:1NOA received (dated June 7, 2004)

July 28, 2004: 2NOA (online approval)

October 25th, 2004: GOT MY VISA!

AOS TIMELINE

November 17, 2004: Entered the US through ATL

November 23, 2004: Married in Des Moines, IA

December 14, 2004: AOS, EAD and AP sent to Chicago

January 31, 2005: AP approved

February 17, 2005: biometrics

February 17, 2005: EAD approved

September 19, 2005: AOS transferred to CSC

September 22, 2005: AOS petition received CSC

April 19, 2006: AOS APPROVED! welcome notice sent

April 25, 2006: GREEN CARD received!

REMOVING CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCY

Junuary 15, 2008: I-751 package mailed to TSC

January 29, 2008: NOA1 receipt date (petition transferred to Vermont Service Center)

February 23, 2008: Biometrics

December 2, 2008: APPROVAL NOTICE SENT!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.