26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Luck

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

So...don't keep us all in suspense! How did it go? :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hope it went well.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

hope it went well.

:lol: you guys haven't read the end of the thread...Meridien was approved!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

not my fault!!! I was being a monkey and following the lead of others.

Congrats!!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, here's how it went...

So, I show up a few minutes before my appointment at 1:00 and all is quiet at the consulate. There is a security checkpoint right inside the main entrance, and thanks to reading previous reviews I knew not to have any electronics, bags, etc. so all I had was my folder of visa stuff and a magazine to read if I had to wait around. They send you up to the 20th floor where you go through another security check, then you go into a small waiting room with two rows of wickets, one to the right and one to the left. As soon as I walked in, someone handed me a paper with a list of documents in the order they wanted to see them. I had everything in order, except for they wanted me to print my name on the back of my photos, which I hadn't done and I didn't have a pen, oops.

I came up the elevator with a young guy who was also interviewing for a K-1 visa, so we chatted quite a bit. He knew about visajourney and had used the guides, but he said he hadn't registered or entered his timeline. He mentioned that he and his fiancee had applied way back in June, so the process had taken him alot longer than me, poor guy. Anyway, after a few minutes he was called up to the set of wickets, then after he was done they called me. The lady asked for all the documents one by one , and I borrowed a pen to print name on the back of my photos. It was a young woman, and she was very pleasant and nice. This all took two or three minutes. Then she sent me back to sit and wait. I waited around for a good half an hour, then the other K-1 guy was called up the other set of windows. After he was done there he smiled and told me it went well, so I’m guessing he was approved (hopefully!). Also during this time, another couple came in with their lawyer and filed what I believe was a direct consular filing for a K-3 or CR-1.

So, at last my name was called and I went up to the little window. There was another woman there, not the same lady as before, but also very pleasant and nice. First I had to scan my fingerprints into the little fingerprint-scanning machine thingee. Next, I had to hold up my right hand and read a statement saying that everything in my application was true to the best of my knowledge. Then she asked me a few easy questions – how did I meet my fiancé (I told her an online dating site and she asked which one) – when did I meet him – when did we get engaged – what does he do for a living – what do I do for a living – will I be able to get work in my field in the US. I think that was it for the questions. Next she asked if I had any photos of us together, so I showed her a few that I had and she said that we were a very cute couple. (So true, by the way, we are the cutest couple ever :P ). She then looked at my police certificates and seemed a bit confused by them (I had three, from Canada, Australia and England as I’ve lived in all those places). She spent several minutes reading them over but then finally seemed satisfied and moved on. She started writing some stuff on a form, and I noticed that there was box at the bottom that said Approved/Denied. She circled approved and then I know I was golden! She then told me that I was approved and that they needed to check a few things so I should sit and wait. I sat for another 10 minutes or so, then the first lady came up to the first set of windows and told me everything was fine and I could pick up my visa at 2:00 the next day. Hooray! By the time I left it was 2:45, so this all took under 2 hours.

So, if you're still reading this rather long post, thanks for all the well wishes!!

October 5, 2007 - K-1 Application mailed to CSC

October 11, 2007 - NOA1

February 27, 2008 - NOA2

April 29, 2008 - Interview - approved!!

May 6, 2008 - Arrived in the US

May 23, 2008 - Married!

May 29, 2008 - AOS mailed

June 4, 2008 - NOA1!

June 25, 2008 - Biometrics

August 11, 2008 - AP Approved

August 14, 2008 - EAD Approved

October 28, 2008 - Interview - Approved!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
not my fault!!! I was being a monkey and following the lead of others.

Congrats!!! lol

That's OK, just as long as you don't start hurling your feces at us. :lol:

Okay, here's how it went...

So, I show up a few minutes before my appointment at 1:00 and all is quiet at the consulate. There is a security checkpoint right inside the main entrance, and thanks to reading previous reviews I knew not to have any electronics, bags, etc. so all I had was my folder of visa stuff and a magazine to read if I had to wait around. They send you up to the 20th floor where you go through another security check, then you go into a small waiting room with two rows of wickets, one to the right and one to the left. As soon as I walked in, someone handed me a paper with a list of documents in the order they wanted to see them. I had everything in order, except for they wanted me to print my name on the back of my photos, which I hadn't done and I didn't have a pen, oops.

I came up the elevator with a young guy who was also interviewing for a K-1 visa, so we chatted quite a bit. He knew about visajourney and had used the guides, but he said he hadn't registered or entered his timeline. He mentioned that he and his fiancee had applied way back in June, so the process had taken him alot longer than me, poor guy. Anyway, after a few minutes he was called up to the set of wickets, then after he was done they called me. The lady asked for all the documents one by one , and I borrowed a pen to print name on the back of my photos. It was a young woman, and she was very pleasant and nice. This all took two or three minutes. Then she sent me back to sit and wait. I waited around for a good half an hour, then the other K-1 guy was called up the other set of windows. After he was done there he smiled and told me it went well, so I'm guessing he was approved (hopefully!). Also during this time, another couple came in with their lawyer and filed what I believe was a direct consular filing for a K-3 or CR-1.

So, at last my name was called and I went up to the little window. There was another woman there, not the same lady as before, but also very pleasant and nice. First I had to scan my fingerprints into the little fingerprint-scanning machine thingee. Next, I had to hold up my right hand and read a statement saying that everything in my application was true to the best of my knowledge. Then she asked me a few easy questions – how did I meet my fiancé (I told her an online dating site and she asked which one) – when did I meet him – when did we get engaged – what does he do for a living – what do I do for a living – will I be able to get work in my field in the US. I think that was it for the questions. Next she asked if I had any photos of us together, so I showed her a few that I had and she said that we were a very cute couple. (So true, by the way, we are the cutest couple ever :P ). She then looked at my police certificates and seemed a bit confused by them (I had three, from Canada, Australia and England as I've lived in all those places). She spent several minutes reading them over but then finally seemed satisfied and moved on. She started writing some stuff on a form, and I noticed that there was box at the bottom that said Approved/Denied. She circled approved and then I know I was golden! She then told me that I was approved and that they needed to check a few things so I should sit and wait. I sat for another 10 minutes or so, then the first lady came up to the first set of windows and told me everything was fine and I could pick up my visa at 2:00 the next day. Hooray! By the time I left it was 2:45, so this all took under 2 hours.

So, if you're still reading this rather long post, thanks for all the well wishes!!

Congrats!!!!!! :dance: Never underestimate the power of mind control. :blink:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratz!!! :dancing:

Good life together!!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.