Keith & Xiang

From Nanning, Guangxi, China to the United States

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know of the best and least expensive way to bring my fiancee and our daughter to the United States (Michigan) from Nanning, Guangxi, China? It would be ideal if her and our daughter could catch a flight out of Nanning but they may have to take a flight from Hong Kong. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Does anyone know of the best and least expensive way to bring my fiancee and our daughter to the United States (Michigan) from Nanning, Guangxi, China? It would be ideal if her and our daughter could catch a flight out of Nanning but they may have to take a flight from Hong Kong. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Let Xiang make any travel plans and book flights from her end in China, you will save a ton of money. Most important, get the departing flight out of China non stop to here, unless you will be with her to guide her through. Make it easy for her by doing that. For the China/USA leg, you can look online for the airline of your choice to get an idea who have the best schedule to do this.

I would choose the Nanning/Beijing/ORD myself (just my preference).

I can hook you up with some Domestic China flight plans if you want to just get an idea ahead of time. Just PM me and I will send you some easy links, it will work the same as if you were checking here, just that it will be only Domestic China. Let her pay cash too for the domestic side, save even more(vs/ your credit card).

No need to book way in advance for the China flights (ie: wait till she completes the interview), just let her handle it from her end and you really will save a ton of Yuan.

August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Let Xiang make any travel plans and book flights from her end in China, you will save a ton of money. Most important, get the departing flight out of China non stop to here, unless you will be with her to guide her through. Make it easy for her by doing that. For the China/USA leg, you can look online for the airline of your choice to get an idea who have the best schedule to do this.

I can hook you up with some Domestic China flight plans if you want to just get an idea ahead of time. Just PM me and I will send you some easy links, it will work the same as if you were checking here, just that it will be only Domestic China. Let her pay cash too for the domestic side, save even more(vs/ your credit card).

No need to book way in advance for the China flights (ie: wait till she completes the interview), just let her handle it from her end and you really will save a ton of Yuan.

I agree 100%. Booking inside of China will usually save you a chunk of change. The direct flight from Beijing to ORD is also a good idea. There are Chinese speaking flight attendants, so that can be helpful for your family in getting instructions on what to do when they get off of the plane. If they change planes it is all English after that!

Good luck!

Qiao

我爱小兔子

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

I agree 100%. Booking inside of China will usually save you a chunk of change. The direct flight from Beijing to ORD is also a good idea. There are Chinese speaking flight attendants, so that can be helpful for your family in getting instructions on what to do when they get off of the plane. If they change planes it is all English after that!

Good luck!

That sounds good, Xiang has been an English teacher for 16 years so she's fluent in the English language. Our problem resides with Beijing being very distant from where she lives in Nanning, Guangxi, China. What about a direct flight from Nanning to Detroit, Michigan?

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Good luck!

That sounds good, Xiang has been an English teacher for 16 years so she's fluent in the English language. Our problem resides with Beijing being very distant from where she lives in Nanning, Guangxi, China. What about a direct flight from Nanning to Detroit, Michigan?

I ask my fiance to check on it. She books travel for her company a lot, so she has a good relationship with some of the travel agents. The travel agent she talked to said the only direct flights out of the mainland are from Shanghai and Beijing.

Qiao

我爱小兔子

Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Good luck!

I ask my fiance to check on it. She books travel for her company a lot, so she has a good relationship with some of the travel agents. The travel agent she talked to said the only direct flights out of the mainland are from Shanghai and Beijing.

Thank you, I appreciate this greatly. So she would have to take a flight from Nanning to either Shanghai or Beijing and from there a flight to Detroit, Michigan? Any idea on the cost of the airfare from Nanning to either place, then from there to Detroit? You can send me a private message if you would prefer, this may be best.

Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

There are no direct flights to Detroit. There is a direct flight out of Beijing that goes to Chicago. You can also get a flight from Guangzhou that has a layover in Japan that will go directly to Detroit. It is cheaper to get a direct flight to JFK. That can be about a 14 hour ride from Detroit but the scenery is nice. On her end, the flight will cost about $600 from GZ. It is now summer rates so the prices will be going up, especially out of convention city, GZ.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Keith,

I brought my wife to South Dakota from Nanning and I have had good luck using flychina.com. I'm sure your family would have to change planes a couple of times, given this, the fee would be close to $1,000.00 this time of year. Although I have flown round trip to Nanning from Sioux Falls, SD for as little as $500.00. using Flychina.com

Good Luck & God Bless You

Michael Robinson

• 1 month later...
City: California/Bayern - Filed K-1 from China Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Booking from China is the cheapest. Chinese travel agents can help. I also recommend this site:

www.elong.net

In the lower right part of the e-long home page, there is a section for specials. They have international specials on many airlines. For e-long, you book online and they will deliver the tickets to your fiancee's house in Nanning (cash on delivery).

You will probably get cheaper fares by flying out of mainland China instead of Hong Kong. I would suggest looking into Air China/United, or Northwest Airlines. Northwest often has sale fares from Guangzhou to Detroit (stopping in Tokyo). United has flights from Shanghai and Beijing to Chicago. (Assuming you still live in Michigan).

K-1 VISA:

3/4/06: I-129F Sent to CSC

3/14/06: NOA1

7/21/06: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

8/22/06: NOA2

9/8/06: Case arrives at NVC

9/16/06: NVC departure letter received

9/22/06: Left NVC bound for China

10/6/06: Case arrives at Guangzhou consulate

10/20/06: Received Packet 3

10/26/06: Sent DS-230 back to consulate

11/9/06: Sent OF-169 back to consulate

11/17/06: Received Packet 4

11/25/06: Completed Medical Exam in Beijing

12/15/06: Interview in Guangzhou (Success!!)

12/19/06: Received K-1 visa

1/12/07: Entered U.S. (POE: SFO)

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

1/26/07: Applied for SSN

2/8/07: Medical exam for vaccinations

2/9/07: Received SSN

3/3/07: Married!! (WooHoo!!)

3/16/07: Changed name on SSN

4/3/07: Sent AOS application to Chicago

4/5/07: AOS application arrived in Chicago

4/16/07: Received NOAs for AOS, EAD, & AP (NOA date: 4/12)

4/24/07: Received biometrics appt. letter

5/7/07: Biometrics appointment

5/25/07: Received interview appt. letter

6/25/07: Received AP documents

6/28/07: Received EAD card

7/18/07: AOS Interview (Approved!)

7/30/07: Received 2-year green card

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

4/24/09: I-751 sent to CSC

4/27/09: I-751 arrived at CSC

5/13/09: Received NOA letter (NOA date: 4/27)

6/4/09: Received biometrics appt. letter

6/13/09: Biometrics appointment

8/6/09: Card production ordered

8/12/09: Received card in mail

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

I have flown into and out of Nanning to Guangzhou to LA. On China Southern, it is a Chinese Airline. They are very cheap airfares.They will have to one use ome of the hubs, depending on airline, Salt Lake City, Denver or ST Louis to get to Detroit METRO, I used to live there. In either case they will have to get a connecting and it will be long. But I have seen whole families with very young children embarque from Guangzhou to LAX, it is a 20 hour flight. It might be a good idea to stay in LA at least one night. An even better idea is you meet them and go to Disneyland. Just a thought. Good luck

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Keith, has she priced out a route from Nanning to Beijing to Chicago? I know that the PEK-ORD has been going at near premium prices but that could drop.

Best of luck to you 3!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

I concur with making the arrangements in China.

My wife and daughter flew from Nanning to Hong Kong and then took a non-stop on Cathay Pacific (not the name used in mainland China) to LAX Bradley terminal. There are no direct flights to Detroit from anywhere in mainland China. All itineraries would have an international stop. NWA flies from Guangzhou to Detroit through Narita but it leaves Guangzhou too early in the morning to avoid overnighting in Guangzhou.

An alternative many use, is to meet their loved ones at the port of entry and accompany them through any domestic transfers and flights. Another reason this is a good idea is because you have an extra baggage allowance for the domestic legs. The whole thing can get pretty tricky. Plan ahead and research well.

If you can't meet them at the port of entry, then the simplest itinerary may be more important than the cost.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well my wife and daughter are here now in Michigan, my wife was granted her GreenCard, still waiting on my daughters AOS. Thanks everyone for all the help, she was able to book the flight out of Guangzhou, China, unfortunately it was the same time where they were holding those trade shows.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.