Jump to content
IRENE 6633

military service certificate


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland

Well, are you the US citizen or are you the beneficiary from Taiwan?

I've never heard of anything saying you have to provide a military certificate, or anything showing that this matters in the adjudication process. There is a question on either the I-129F or the biograph about military service though...but I think you just fill in the answer and don't have to give any secondary evidence.

I'm just bumping this because it was about to get lost, even though I don't know the answer. Anyone shed some light?

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand

First of all...Are you a US citizen? If so, then you are a retired US Army? You must have some sort of retirement from it to call it a "career". If you were just served for several years, then it would just be an experience. If anything other than that...it's not as important and it will not make the process any faster.

I was active duty Air Force when I submitted my K-1 package back in May 2007. I am now retired since September 2007 after 21 plus years. I did submitted my military service information because I used it as a proof of US citizenship. I became US citizen by naturalized at the beginning of my Air Force career; otherwise I would have to get out after serving for first 4 yrs. I did not submit it to make the process go any faster.

Bottom Line...You don't need it if you are a US citizen. You will need it if you are a retired Army and receiving your retirement pay. It will be used as a part of financial support later on in the process.

Hope that makes any sense. Good luck. :thumbs:


Thai Style USA


Our Links:





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...