bogartnoir

how long can my fiance stay with me once the initial k-1 is sent?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i will be sending out the k-1 tomorrow but will doing this mean i cannot see my fiance until everything goes through???!! or can we just carry on with our visits every 2 months? can he stay longer? until the approval? :(

WORRIED!

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Lots of couples still meet during the K1 process, but bear in mind that anyone can be refused entry no matter what visa they have. Its always best for the beneficiary to take evidence of ties to the home country, like rent agreement, bank account etc.

Good luck with your petition :whistle::whistle:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

FAQ.

This is asked so many times :)

Yes, you can visit but she must show strong ties to Canada.

Letter from her employer stating she's coming back to work, bank statements, lease or mortgage statements, pay stubs showing she works where she does, etc. etc. etc.

Be honest and show those strong ties and she should be fine to visit.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Timeline

He can continue his regular visits as long as he has ties to Canada. Some people get turned back, some don't. If he does, it won't affect the visa. It happens all the time. Just depends on the officer he gets. I've included a couple of links for you. Congratulations. :)

CBP.Gov Site The bottom paragraph is the most relevant to what you're asking.

Visitation FAQ's

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
He can continue his regular visits as long as he has ties to Canada. Some people get turned back, some don't. If he does, it won't affect the visa. It happens all the time. Just depends on the officer he gets. I've included a couple of links for you. Congratulations. :)

CBP.Gov Site The bottom paragraph is the most relevant to what you're asking.

Visitation FAQ's

thank you so much for those links. you know, i've been here for a while (as a lurker and poster) and i've read the guides and faqs several times, but somehow it's more heartening to read it directly. so this was appreciated. i often read that people have been missing their fiance/es and it's been so long since they've seen them and the wait is so long. perhaps these people live further away and it's just not possible, but i do tend to worry. you never know when policies are going to change in this tentative world of the people who have to go through this process. i read this is asked on a daily basis, so i apologize.

"There is no set period of time Canadians must wait to re-enter the U.S. after the end of their stay, but if it appears to the CBP officer that the person applying for entry is spending more time over-all in the U.S. than in Canada, it will be up to the traveler to prove to the officer that they are not de-facto U.S. residents."

my fiance and i read once that the visitor can visit for up to 6 months at a time, but that they also could not come back for another 6 months if they were to do that. the link, i suppose, supports that. very helpful. thank you!

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.