flavaofsummer

i called the immigration officer

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

first i called their 800# on the uscis website and some lady there told me i have a hundred and somedays till they call me for an interview so i was like so ur saying "I"meaning just "me" my case and she said yes. i didnt like that cus thats like 6 months so i asked to get transferred to Immigration and the man told me im in queued and that theres no way that lady could have known cuz he said hes the IO and he doesnt know himself..so my question is when u call the uscis# can they tell u how many days till ur interview? i applied in nov2007 and waiting for the interview in nyc..does anyone have an IDEA only of how long it might be for me? should i really go by the local district office dates?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
he said hes the IO and he doesnt know himself..so my question is when u call the uscis# can they tell u how many days till ur interview? i applied in nov2007 and waiting for the interview in nyc..does anyone have an IDEA only of how long it might be for me? should i really go by the local district office dates?

Flava - you spoke to an immigration officer and he doesn't know how long till your intetnview - no-one here on this board is going to be able to give you a definite answer. You can go by the guidelines of your district office - but, these are just that - guidelines. Calling the USCIS won't help speed it up, asking here repeatedly won't give you an answer. Nearly everyone here is in the same boat - waiting - and, all I can suggest is that if you stop stressing over WHEN it will happen, and try not to focus too intently , it WILL eventually happen.

The only official recourse is this - look on your initial NOA - this will show you how many days until you can expect a response - once that period has expired, then, and only the, can you call and lodge a service request to find out what is happening with your application. I do sympathize with your desire to complete this process, but, there is really no way to hurry it up - everyone wants their case processed as quickly as possible. And, once your application is in the works - no-one can give you a definite answer as to what stage it is at.

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed

Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date

Nov 9,2007 - check cashed

Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",

Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)

Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)

Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request

Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

Feb 26, 2009 - Citizenship Oath

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

he said hes the IO and he doesnt know himself..so my question is when u call the uscis# can they tell u how many days till ur interview? i applied in nov2007 and waiting for the interview in nyc..does anyone have an IDEA only of how long it might be for me? should i really go by the local district office dates?

Flava - you spoke to an immigration officer and he doesn't know how long till your intetnview - no-one here on this board is going to be able to give you a definite answer. You can go by the guidelines of your district office - but, these are just that - guidelines. Calling the USCIS won't help speed it up, asking here repeatedly won't give you an answer. Nearly everyone here is in the same boat - waiting - and, all I can suggest is that if you stop stressing over WHEN it will happen, and try not to focus too intently , it WILL eventually happen.

The only official recourse is this - look on your initial NOA - this will show you how many days until you can expect a response - once that period has expired, then, and only the, can you call and lodge a service request to find out what is happening with your application. I do sympathize with your desire to complete this process, but, there is really no way to hurry it up - everyone wants their case processed as quickly as possible. And, once your application is in the works - no-one can give you a definite answer as to what stage it is at.

As Auscal said, they best thing to follow at this point is the timeline given on your NOA. Most people wait until that timeline is close to end or has expired to start asking questions about the case status. Even with Infopass, the officer won't tell u much since you are still between the timeframe given. There is no way to know for sure how long your case may take. It can take as little as 5-6 months and as long as a couple years from what I have experienced and read. Just be patient.

Edited by Waiting4GC

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree with the previous posters. I have been reading many of your topics you started. Calling the 800# or going into for the info pass won't tell you much info since no one knows how long anything take. My case is almost a year old if you look at my time line. I did the biomestic in October and didn't hear anything from them until March to go to interview. It also depends on file office and your local office. It's a long process and I understand your frustration..but there is nothing else anyone can do to speed up the process.. all we can do is wait.

Stay positive and just "wait" for it to happen.

I'm going to travel the world when I get my US passport

Arrived to the US: 09 Jul, 1997

Permanent Resident since: 09 Jul, 1997

Mailed N-400: 07/24/07

NSC Received N-400: 07/26/07

Date Green Domestic Return Receipt Request returned: 08/01/07

Check cashed: 08/01/07

NOA1 date: 09/10/07

Recieved NOA1: 09/14/07

FP notice received: 09/14/07

FP date: 10/03/07

Interview letter received: 03/15/08

Interview date: 04/15/08

Oath date: 05/07/08

It took 288 days for me to complete my journey

6096.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.