sashagrin

police certificate translation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I'm going to translate my police certificate from France. I know that the translation should be notarized - does it include apostil? is it the same ???

thanks in advance

Sasha

I don't think it has to be notarized or apostilled, however since it's a third country it may require both. I don't think it needs anything other than to be translated into Russian. They can verify if it's real or not by checking with the issuing authority and that's why you get it translated into Russian... so they can see what it is and who issued it.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on this topic but in about three or fewer replies, someone will post a link and an excerpt from the embassy's exact requirements.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I don't think it has to be notarized or apostilled, however since it's a third country it may require both. I don't think it needs anything other than to be translated into Russian. They can verify if it's real or not by checking with the issuing authority and that's why you get it translated into Russian... so they can see what it is and who issued it.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on this topic but in about three or fewer replies, someone will post a link and an excerpt from the embassy's exact requirements.

oh wait, wait, should the doc be translated into Russian or English??? in my package and i think on the web site they say it should be translated in English and NOTARIZED if it's not Russian....nothing about apostil but well, we never know.....should i write them an email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

oh wait, wait, should the doc be translated into Russian or English??? in my package and i think on the web site they say it should be translated in English and NOTARIZED if it's not Russian....nothing about apostil but well, we never know.....should i write them an email?

You can't go wrong translating to English...and if it's a French document it makes more sense to go with English. I think the translation needs to be certified by the translator...meaning the translator certifies in writing that he/she is trained to translate into English and the translation is accurate. This is different than notarizing and I wonder how a Russian notary would be able to deal with a French document anyway. i don't think you need the apostile for the police cert.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

hey :yes:

U should defently get both. Police certificate could not be notirized only if the original was on russian.

If u already got yuor package, u can check the instruction there!

Good luck :yes:

Don't take my word for it. Verify to be sure. There may be different rules for 3rd country docs. I know the Russian docs don't need to be translated or notarized.

I'm pretty sure though the minimum standard is to have it translated into Russian because you're going to the interview in Russia. They speak (and read) Russian there and if someone is going to follow up by calling France, then it's probably going to be a Russian employee at the U.S. embassy. Even if it is an American employee, they most likely can read Russian as well if they're working on Russian paperwork all day.

Edited: If you were in France for more than six months, it's probably safe to say that you could translate the docs yourself and then just type up an "I certify I can translate these docs" form.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not sure if this piece of info will help, but I had mine translated into English by Ukrainian embassy in Indonesia (issued in Ukraine), that's where I had my interview. The stamp they put on the translation was in Ukrainian - not in English and the Embassy accepted it with no questions.

Also, the embassy should provide you with a list of sworn translators (the ones embassy trusts), that's what they gave me at the time.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Vika

Uniting for Ukraine

2022-05-14 I-134 (1) Submitted

2022-05-17 I-134 (1) Case confirmed

2022-05-17 Beneficiary (1) e-mail received, USCIS account created

2022-05-17 I-134 (2) Submitted

2022-05-19 I-134 (2) Approved

2022-05-19 Beneficiary (2) e-mail received, added to travel group

2022-05-20 Information submitted to USCBP

2022-05-20 Travel documents received
2022-06-14 Arrived (Houston, TX)
2022-06-20 I-765 Sent
2022-06-24 I-797C NOA receipt
2022-07-20 ASC notice received
2022-07-24 Biometrics appointment

F4 Visa Journey
2014-04-24  I-130 filed

2022-03-02  Expedite request submitted
2022-03-07  Expedite request approved

2022-03-16  I-130 approved

2022-04-30  NVC case created

2022-05-05  Case not eligible for further processing

K1 Visa Journey
2006-10-10  I-129F filed

2007-07-24  K1 visa received

2008-04-11 - AOS filed

2009-03-24 - AOS approved

2011-01-11 - Lifting conditions filed

2011-03-21 - Lifting conditions approved

2013-02-02 - Naturalization filed

2013-05-09 - Naturalization approved

2013-09-24 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

My fiancee finally requested her Police records from the local police department (I have been asking her to do it for a month already) :whistle: . They told her it would take 4 weeks for her to receive. So, I am certain that she will not have enough time to translate it before her interview. But, I don't think it needs to be translated from Russian into English anyway:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.