person

documents at NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
For those who paid bills online and sent the stuff out, do you know if it was approved and on to the next step?

once u paid ur bill online, one or two days later sign it to the page again if the paymnent change from in process to paid it's gonna show u to print the coversheet document then click on that and print the coversheet for wichever payment u make payment online for . then go to their website and print the forms i:e ds230 or i864.u can even print the form from their website and fill it in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
For those who paid bills online and sent the stuff out, do you know if it was approved and on to the next step?

once u paid ur bill online, one or two days later sign it to the page again if the paymnent change from in process to paid it's gonna show u to print the coversheet document then click on that and print the coversheet for wichever payment u make payment online for . then go to their website and print the forms i:e ds230 or i864.u can even print the form from their website and fill it in advance.

i have a dumb Q what is the cover shheeteveryone is talkin about...? after payng, and what is it used for?? im so confused...

can somenoe post the link to online payments i think isaw it in WIKI jane shortcuts but is that the corect link, b/c i cant seem to find it on the NVC page??

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

i have a dumb Q what is the cover shheeteveryone is talkin about...? after payng, and what is it used for?? im so confused...

The cover sheets are for sending in your I-864 (after paying your AOS fee bill) and sending in your DS-230 (after paying IV fee bill). Here's a sample of the DS-230 cover sheet from the online system: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1774978 Click on the .doc link on the bottom of that post. The post gives instructions on how to change it to one for your case. Also, you can use the ones in James's Shortcuts. They look different but the NVC will accept them all the same. Since after I paid there was a problem with the online system cover sheet generator, I just used the DS-230 cover sheet in James's Shortcuts to submit mine and they've entered it into their system no problem.

Edited by badspellor

That's right, but are the docs processed the same w/ these new coversheets?

Yes. They're the same documents regardless of whether you paid online or not. The only thing different about the two cover sheets is aesthetics, pretty much. Even though the bar code looks different, it still scans the same. I'd imagine over at the NVC they don't really pay that much attention to it. They just scan the bar code, the computer would then say they're expecting the DS-230, they look at the next page, yep a DS-230, and send it off to someone to review.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.