Mephys

Update about my license exam

8 posts in this topic

So here's a little update from the issues I have been having with my license...

Quick resume of it:

- Got my degree in Quebec in Animal health sciences (3 years of college)

- Registered to pass the National exam in Illinois to become a licensed technician in the USA

- Got denied

from my post in the Vent

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1783879

Well turns out it's a whole other story. Got this today from the Canadian AHT association

"The Quebec government will not pay for accreditation. Hence, Vanier College is the only college that has found the funds on its own to go through the CVMA accreditation process. It has nothing to do with them being an English college. The colleges listed on the CAAHTT website are the ones that ATSAQ has reviewed and recognized. As long as you graduate from one of these colleges you are eligible to write the VTNE."

I got screwed neither by the USA or CANADA... And I apologize for bashing USA for that.

I got screwed by the province of Quebec itself, by the government of my homeland! I cannot say how disappointed I am tonight. I am at lost and I don't know how I am going to have my credits recognize. But all that just put a end to my laboratory career. The career I loved and wanted to pursue.

So here's my warning: Make sure you get as much informations as you can about your education, colleges, universities, etc, before you plan on getting any sort of license in the USA.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. I grew up in Quebec as well so I know all the bureaucracy and ####### that goes on in that province.

Keep inquiring though, you may find that even though it is not accredited, that your credits may be transferrable to a US college and there may be a refresher course of some kind that can enable you to take your exam.

Good luck!

Send you a PM sweetie.

Love you (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Quebec does seem to have a different set of rules for things. Sorry to hear of this, but I agree with CanadiCAN that you might find a school that will take your credits.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Yeha problem is.....the clock isn't stopping. We want to have a kid together and we don't want to wait too long for that...we don't want him to be too far apart from his 3 older half brothers :P

And for that I need to keep working full time so we can move into a house next year, house big enough to accomodate us and 4 kids !

Can't afford to go back to school right now :( Some people can :devil: But not me :no:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeas.. that is a bad reminder when i came from france to get my 3rs university recognised in Quebec....

they gave me a secondaire 5 + 2 years.... duh !!!!!!!!!!!

Their answer was... oh we don't know that school you went in.. with an arrogant attitude...... EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!

From my point of view when you don't know something, you go get the info to give something that make sense ! damn it !...specially if it costed u 150$ !!!!!!

8.5 yrs later i'm still furious about it !

(Hopefully, i didnt needed that much of the equivalence to get a job !)

still.... true that it suxs

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. I have no clue how the animal world works, but could a vet still not hire you? i suppose they would just pay you less.

Maybe give Nursing a try!! An Associates degree RN program is 2 yrs ( plus the time it takes to get the prerequisites completed, could be closer to 3yrs!!) and not super expensive if you take it at a college. I pay around $80 a credit and One requires 69 credits for the degree (plus the prerequisites)

Hope it all works out

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Mephys, you must be fit to kill. I am so sorry. (F)

I remember when my son was researching universities. There was one school in Montreal which we'd heard good things about (I think I told you he's bilingual), but the accreditation problem was a huge factor in him choosing not to go there.

Absolutely disgusting. They should be ashamed of themselves.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.