william_wallace

Does too much documentation slow the process down?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have plane tickets that would be helpful. I scanned some of our plane tickets and sent it along with my other evidences!

K1-Visa in Montreal, Canada.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

11/28/07 - Got my K1-Packet 3!!! It was a headache to fill in the papers.

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

~ Flying to US on 6/11/08.

~June 19 2008- Married!!!

7/25/08 - Sent in AOS: I-485 along with EAD, AP.

8/7/08 - EAD, AP, AOS touched.

8/19/08 - Got an RFE for I-485... Fixing it.

8/22/08 - Biometrics taken in Portland.

10/08 - Another Bio (for work authorization card).

-- received my work authorization card and advance parole papers in meantime--

1/15/09 - AOS INTERVIEW *faints* in Seattle, Washington.

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Vani...congrats on your approval....

I sent in a few photos, copy of Barry's passport pages showing his visits, copies of boarding passes and itineraries, ATM withdrawal slips matched to copies of his bank statement, a few emails and chat logs and calling card call logs....in the end we got RFE'd for his decree nisi copy

BTW...cute cat!!!!

Edited by debbylyn

Debbie & Barry

K-1 Timeline:

10-29-2007 Sent I 129-F to CSC

10-31-2007 I 129-F received CSC 9:48 AM

11-02-2007 NOA-1

11-07-2007 check cashed!

11-09-2007 NOA-1 hard copy received

3-11-08 RFE

3-17-08 RFE received by mail

3-22-08 RFE reply sent from England

4-09-08 RFE received CSC case resumed

4-18-08 NOA2 by email (after 172 days)

4-24-08 NOA2 hard copy

5-01-08 NVC received

5-02-08 case forwarded to US Embassy London

5-07-08 received by London Embassy

5-08-08 Packet 3 sent from Embassy

5-15-08 Packet 3 mailed recorded delivery

5-21-08 Packet 3 received US Embassy London

6-02-08 Medical

6-13-08 packet 4 received

7-01-08 Interview London Embassy Approved!

7-04-08 Visa in hand! hurray!

7-13-08 POE Cleveland, OH

9-23-08 (AOS package sent)

9-29-08 NOA received I-485, I-131, I-765

10-21-08 biometrics appt

12-12-08 EAD and AP received by mail!

2-04-2009 AOS approved!

2-12-2009 card received

11-05-2010 I-751 mailed to CSC

11-08-2010 received CS, NOA1 date

12-20-10 biometrics

02-09-11 ROC approved

02-14-11 Greencard received!

Timeline
Vani...congrats on your approval....

I sent in a few photos, copy of Barry's passport pages showing his visits, copies of boarding passes and itineraries, ATM withdrawal slips matched to copies of his bank statement, a few emails and chat logs and calling card call logs....in the end we got RFE'd for his decree nisi copy

BTW...cute cat!!!!

THANK YOU :) I love VJ, everybody here is so kind and helpful.

And I spammed posts haha, I was so nervous the day before my interview!

ON TOPIC: I actually also sent all of what debbylyn has sent too! I even sent my Fiancé's bank statement containing the record that he bought me a ring and other records that he went to Montreal (he came to visit me) and bought some stuff.

OFF TOPIC: I know she's a cute cat! But she's such a devil inside, I hate, hate, hate her sometimes :angry: She would scratch me out of the blue (I still have scars) and sometimes she would rub my leg for minutes until I push her away with my foot. But she's too cute to resist :( Poor humans.

Edited by Vani

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

well.. i think sending tons of evidences at uscis will not cause a back logged...lol..it would also be somehow excessive there, but it doesn't hurt to bring it. They will look at maybe five pages of it...and besides, it would be an advantage for the petitionee during interview with the consulate...Based on my friend's experience, he was not even asked to show any evidences in his interview..i really don't believe that sending tons of evidences will delay the process...unless...you ul lack something...well, its much better to be sufficient...it just makes us confident..:-)

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

I think probebly everyone's case is different. Some need to give more evidence, some less. Were applying our package now and sending it next week. Boarding passes from 4 trips, hotel receipts, 6 photos of us together, the letter of intent and a letter explaining on how we met. The emails, chat logs, phone bills and letters we will keep for the interview. We think this is enough to send as our relationship has gone on for over 2 years.

beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline

That should be enough. On my interview day, the interviewer didn't even ask me to show any more proofs... I sent in less than you did :P

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Filed: Timeline
So a couple of olks have mentioned "red flags" but I have seen a list of red flags on the site. Do people know some of the red flags? And if so, what are they?

Thanks

PS already sent in my package, but it would be nice to know if I need to start finding a way to overcome something if folks know its a "red flag"

Marc ellis wrote an article awhile ago addressing some "red flags",.http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I can only say what mine are.

1. big age difference

2. Don't share the same religion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I sent a lot of documentation with my K1 and felt it was a key factor in my speedy visa approval, as the adjudicator flipped through my extensive documents and said okay! It is best to have just more than enough documentation I feel personally :D

K-1 Filling:

12/9/2005 - I129F submitted

02/11/2005 NOA2 APPROVED Wohooooo!!!!

07/11/2005 Received by NVC - on way to Consulate!! yeah!!

07/11/2005 Applied for Police Certificate

15/11/2005 Police Clearance Cert Arrived

17/11/2005 Received at Consulate

30/11/2005 Medical at Edinburgh Nuffield Screening Center

03/12/2005 Packet 3 Received from Consulate!! Yipee!!

08/12/2005 X-Ray and Medical Results delivered by Courier

09/12/2005 Packet 3 Sent back to Consulate

20/12/2005 National Police Certificate Arrives! *(TIP: it takes FULL 40 days to arrive, so apply early!)*

09/01/2006 Visa Interview date - (cant make it, asked for another date)

30/01/2006 Visa Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/02/2006 FLY TO NEW YORK TO BE WITH MY BABY!!! WOHOOOOOO!!! so happy!

27/03/2006 Wedding !!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS & EAD Filling:

03/03/2006 Social Security Card Arrives weeeee!!

29/03/2006 AOS Journey begins - gathering paperwork to send off next week!

24/04/2006 Vaccinations: Diptheria and Vaccination Supplement form obtained

27/04/2006 AOS & EAD sent off to Chicago finally!!! weee!!!

03/05/2006 NOA for AOS & EAD recieved!

22/05/2006 Biometrics Completed :) - for AOS & EAD

18/01/2007 EAD Approved YaY!!

06/02/2007 AOS Interview - Pending once we submit tax form 05 & prior emails/

26/02/2008 2nd AOS Interview - Green Card Approved :)

17/04/2008 "Card Production ordered email'

18/04/2008 'Welcome to America Letter'

25/04/2008 GREEN CARD ARRIVES! 10 Year Green Card!

Filed: Other Timeline
I think probebly everyone's case is different. Some need to give more evidence, some less. Were applying our package now and sending it next week. Boarding passes from 4 trips, hotel receipts, 6 photos of us together, the letter of intent and a letter explaining on how we met. The emails, chat logs, phone bills and letters we will keep for the interview. We think this is enough to send as our relationship has gone on for over 2 years.

William -

I love your the bolded portion of your post. It's exactly the essence of this process we are all caught up in.

Let's talk about the concepts of reading the guides and researching the journey for a moment. I once read a member state that if you could inhale, you could probably get an I129F approved at the service center level. Fundamentally that's correct, because the only requirements for approval are properly completed documents; both parties are free to marry; both parties have intent to marry; and the parties have met in the last two years. So from that standpoint, referring to additional evidence as 'superfluous' and a 'waste of time' is correct.

BUT - and here's the big 'but - it's important to analyze which consulate your case is headed towards. That's where reading and research will come into play. It's one reason veteran members harp and wail at newer members to READ, RESEARCH and UNDERSTAND - because every case is different and if you are opting for a 'do-it-yourself' process,you are responsible for the end result.

As push said, Marc Ellis recommends some secondary evidence in the file due to the legal premise that the consulate can't reject evidence already approved by the service center. That's a smart tactic that won't hurt you if you have trouble on interview day. However, the consular officers have the authority to make decisions based upon 'totality of circumstance' and that's a big magic void many a rejected case can fall into.

I believe some secondary evidence in the file is beneficial because even though bare-bones evidence is all it takes to get NOA2, secondary evidence MAY be required at your consulate. How are you going to know what your consulate looks at if you don't research before you ever submit your I129F packet? (re-read post #10 of moroccousa above in this thread).

On interview day, the CO's receive the files of the beneficiaries they will see that day. They will make a cursory review of the file before they see the visa applicant - maybe they have an hour or two in the morning to do this or maybe they do it one by one, a few moments before each interview is conducted. That time they spend looking into the paper file gives them a 'snapshot' of the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary. A well prepared file can help set the CO's mind toward an approval at a difficult consulate.

I know what I've written is a bit of an essay, but I wanted to applaud William for getting it right. Each case is different and research and knowledge of the process can only help you towards a successful end result.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.