Helen&Dougie

They have my file date wrong??!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
THEY FIXED IT WE'RE SEPTEMBER FILERS AGAIN WOOHOO :dance: LOL

What did you say to fix the dates? Did you do the RFE trick? I have the same problem and need to call. Thanks

i didnt do the RFE i dialed the number, pushed 1 for english, then 2 2 6 1 entered receipt number pressed 3 3 1 and that connected me to a person and I told them they had me listed as a december filer and according to the I-797 I have in front of me, my recieved date was sept 10 2007 and my notice date was dec 28 2007 and she said that we were being counted as september filers now. So i dont know if they fixed it yesterday or if it was fixed today or if the person i talked with yesterday was just "confused" lol

call them and inquire about yours.

Does it not say on the NOA1 what day is your Priority Date? They put mine as January 11 (which is correct) but on the online site it says "We received this petition February 8, 2008" Which date are they going by? This whole thing confuses me! LOL

the Priority date on mine is blank

Feb 2005: We met

April 2005: Began dating

Dec 16 2006: We got married in Texas

Sept 6 2007: Mailed I-130 to TSC

Sept 10 2007: TSC receives I-130

Dec 28 2007: I-130 NOA1 mailed

Dec 31 2007: Received I-130 NOA1

Feb 24 2008: Put into system case now at VSC

April 29 2008: Touch

April 29, 2008: Approved - Case Status Online message of approval

April 30, 2008: Last updated date & message changed. Still approval message, but a different one

May 01, 2008: NVC Received & Case Number Assigned

May 12, 2008: DS-3032 & AOS Bill Generated

May 17, 2008: DS-3032 emailed to NVC

May 27, 2008: DS-3032 received by NVC

April 24, 2009: Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!!!!!!

May 05, 2009: Received Visa (IR-1)

THEY FIXED IT WE'RE SEPTEMBER FILERS AGAIN WOOHOO :dance: LOL

I just got off the phone with customer service rep. She said they will process according to the initial date the I-130 was received, but couldn't change the date online, just to ignore it. She said it doesn't mean anything other than it's the day they started typing it into the system. My question then, is why do they put it down to begin with?? Just to confuse us and cause us to worry? It appears to be a systematic detail that needs to be changed. They need people dealing with these details from the petitioner's and beneficiary's points of view. So hopefully we're November filers rather than late January.

Keep the faith!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yesterday I completed 7 months of waiting :clock:. To celeberate the day, I called VSC and one lady (officer Terry) told me my application was received on Jan 4. I told her the "Received Date" in my I-797 is Sept 24. She said that is when they got the case, but it was not entered in the system until Jan 4 and that is the date they are going by. My lawyer also confirmed the same - i.e. they are going by "Notice Date" and not "Received Date" in I-797. She did say there are a lot of cases ahead of me, there is nothing wrong with my case, it is just waiting to be picked up.

When I asked why some cases filed after me are getting approved before me, she said every case is different and she cannot really say why some cases are approved faster with so little information (i.e. me asking her the open question). She was a nice lady, answering my questions politely and patiently and so I didn't argue too much.

Officer Terry said that for all status related questions, call the 800 number again, but don't give the Receipt number and it will go to a person. I tried that, it went to the regular customer service person. This lady could not even see my "Received Date" in my I-797 of Sept 24. She said all she could see was "On January 4, 2008, we received this I130...", the same stuff that is on-line. When I educated her that there are 2 dates - "Received Date" and "Notice Date", she seemed to realize something :bonk: and put me hold to check something. When she came back, she re-iterated that my petition was received on Jan 4 and that is all she knows.

I told her that considering the descrepency that she and I were seeing, could I speak to her supervisor? She happily transfered me to her supervisor. Waited for 10 minutes and a very cheerful guy answered the phone, which I thought was very unsual. Perhaps they are revamping their front line folks. The three people I talked so far were all good.

So the supervisor said during my filing time there were lot of applications and there were some issues with data entry, but the immigration officers know about this and they will process applications in the correct order. I asked him about my "Received Date" of Sept 24 and he re-iterated what the front line girl said - that they don't see the date, the only date they see is received date of Jan 4.

This guy, like everybody else, kept saying the USCIS punchline - "if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to call us". Right.:jest:

Okay, now let me go back one month. On March 24, I completed 6 months of waiting :clock:. To celeberate the day, I called VSC. One lady (forgot the name), looked at my case and said my received date was Sept 24 and currently they are processing application upto July 30. She told me that my case was still waiting to be picked up and there are lot of cases in front of me.

So that's my experience on this. It appears that there is so much misinformation and I don't know which is correct and whom to believe.:goofy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.