av8or1

Ok that tears it

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
:blink: What if I don't have a willy or a truck? :jest:

:rofl:

i don't either! goodness... what will we do?! :lol:

Talk about household cleaning products, children and our jobs? :blush:

I just really liked VJ better before the 'monthly filer' threads caught on. But I also liked VJ better before there were regional forums.

Bottom line reason for that is I met more people from all over the world that were K1'ing - then adjusting - etc. I learned a lot about other cultures that way. I still made the friendships without the monthly categories.

I guess I just don't like 'segregation'. :P One reason I'm still around here is what I learn about other parts of the world. Harder to do that with the present structure. Yet I persist......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit it...I can't wait to have children to talk about! My fiance and I are going to wait at least a year to give us more adjustment time after he moves here...but we both really want kids. :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Timeline
The BIG detriment to people on VJ has been this silly "May Filer", "July Filer", etc thing. I don't know who came up with that bright idea, but they should probably be bludgeoned publicly.

I think bludgeoning people may be a little overkill. Perhaps just a festive stoning? :hehe:

the bottom line for me is that the July 2007 filers thread(s) have helped me to form and maintain friendships on an otherwise terribly busy and fast-moving board... it was good to be able to talk to people within a smaller subset, who also happened to be people who were going through roughly the same thing at roughly the same time :)

I totally agree. I found the monthly filer thread to be really good for me in developing a camaraderie with the members and giving me the confidence to post elsewhere on the site. VJ, and some of its stronger personalities, can be really quite intimidating to a newbie.

iagree.gif

I agree that VJ can be pretty intimidating at times...especially for really new people who don't know how it works and don't have the basic level of knowledge that we've all gained by necessity. The board moves so fast that a person can read the last several pages of posts and not find an answer to a question that gets asked at least once a day. I really like the idea of the month boards...especially the split CSC/VSC ones...some days I just can't read another VSC "It's been a whole month and I still haven't gotten my NOA2!!!!!" post. I understand where the VSC people are coming from and I am truly happy when anyone gets their NOA2...but on my bad days, it just makes me more depressed to read about it.

However, I think that the month groups can make that worse...everyone gets depressed together. I could definitely see people ONLY going to their month group and not experience anything else on VJ...and I think it's a great community here and as someone said before, I love to learn about other parts of the world and talk to people with such fantastically different points of view.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
First, the caveats:

I am not the only or the first person to feel this way/have this happen to/make such a post as this

I am only looking to vent a little

Not trying to hack anyone off

Now the body of the problem:

Although I am sincerely happy that another petition has been approved in general (and that IS the case!), that having been said, it really gets under my skin that this petition was filed AFTER mine AND they'll now be ahead of me in the same embassy. I suppose it wasn't so bad to see other approvals happening of petitions that were filed at or beyond my same NOA1 date prior to now because they were all going to different embassies. But now that one is going to the same embassy as mine (hopefully) will, I dunno, somehow that "sticks in my craw" and seems to be staying there. Well this morning anyway. :wacko: And I feel certain (relatively anyway, but I'm sure that someone will post and comment on the different possibilities as to why mine hasn't met with a similar approval timeframe such as random "screening checks" etc., etc.) that the primary reason mine is taking longer is because of the IMBRA cr*p. I filed only once before, 3.5 years ago now and didn't request a waiver (because it wasn't required).

But don't get me started on IMBRA.

And yes, I realize that I have it WAY better than the CSC filers, so noone go there on me. I think that those folks should be shouting from the rooftops! You know, what really gets me about this is the increased fees for these petitions. When I filed in 2004 the fee was $170 and I had an old form at the time that showed the fee as $110. Now of course the I-129F is $455 (assuming it hasn't increased again recently). Now....I don't mind paying extra for better service, but when I pay a higher amount and I DON'T get that service, well I take issue. And it seems the CSC filers have the biggest dog in that fight. Again, don't get me started.

OK! Enough venting. Thanks for reading. Gotta get back to work now.

Best to all.

i understand with u being mad that others have passed urs who filed after. it could be worse though like take my case for example i filed june 2007 and i still have no received an approval and i cant get any straight answers from uscis. just try to not pay mind to whos is approved and moved on with cuz that just gets u down even more i kno from experience, but just kno that u could be worse off and hopefully u hear something soon as do i too.

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Aby... 9 months to be issued an RFE????? :o I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long! :( Have you contacted your congressman?

That's ridiculous! Especially by VSC standards! I agree with K&R, you should definitely try to contact your congressman!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Aby... 9 months to be issued an RFE????? :o I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long! :( Have you contacted your congressman?

i did an RFE sometime in jan. early feb. i cant remember which, but after like 3 weeks or so they sent me an ROE and i sent it back the same day. on march 5 they said they received my ROE and i should hear 60 days for an approval/denial. well that day falls on May 5 and i still have not heard yet. i tried calling USCIS, but of course u cant get any answers from them besides "im sorry we cant help you" blah blah blah #######. no i havent contacted my congressmen what will that do for me?

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

i did an RFE sometime in jan. early feb. i cant remember which, but after like 3 weeks or so they sent me an ROE and i sent it back the same day. on march 5 they said they received my ROE and i should hear 60 days for an approval/denial. well that day falls on May 5 and i still have not heard yet. i tried calling USCIS, but of course u cant get any answers from them besides "im sorry we cant help you" blah blah blah #######. no i havent contacted my congressmen what will that do for me?

Your congressman can (not always willing) put in a congressional request that they review your case. Once that's done they have to do it within a couple of days. It can speed up your response if they're dragging their feet on it. I would wait for May 5th and if you don't hear anything, I would definitely contact your congressman.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Your congressman can (not always willing) put in a congressional request that they review your case. Once that's done they have to do it within a couple of days. It can speed up your response if they're dragging their feet on it. I would wait for May 5th and if you don't hear anything, I would definitely contact your congressman.

i agree 100%! how awful you've been waiting this long.

I'll admit it...I can't wait to have children to talk about! My fiance and I are going to wait at least a year to give us more adjustment time after he moves here...but we both really want kids. :)

i lucked out with david. he already has a son! :D but we hope to have more children a few years after we've settled into our life together in evanston. so many positive things to look forward to! :star:

i lucked out with david. he already has a son! :D but we hope to have more children a few years after we've settled into our life together in evanston. so many positive things to look forward to! :star:

Evanston, Wyoming?!? That's only about an hour from where I live! Once we're all settled we should get together. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Evanston, Wyoming?!? That's only about an hour from where I live! Once we're all settled we should get together. :)

evanston, illinois. dang!

but it is a pretty straight line west *and* we will be renewing our vows in vegas in 2009. *fingers crossed* maybe we'll turn it into a road trip and swing by to say hello? :D

evanston, illinois. dang!

but it is a pretty straight line west *and* we will be renewing our vows in vegas in 2009. *fingers crossed* maybe we'll turn it into a road trip and swing by to say hello? :D

That would be wonderful! We'll be having a "real" wedding in May 2009 and we'll be looking for our own house pretty soon after he gets here (probably once the EAD is granted and he finds a job). :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Gang,

Wow, all I can say is wow! I had no idea that my quick blurb would generate such traffic on this thread...

To the person who's been waiting 9 months, absolutely, contact your congressman after the 5th and get something done about it! We're all behind you!

Now as for the replies to my post...while I appreciate the response and general support expressed in them, I'll have to respectfully disagree with those of you who told me to "relax" or that I was/am ... what was it ... oh I don't remember what the person said but something to the effect that I'm wigging out over the situation. Others have said that I need "to deal with it" ... funny. Look folk, thank you again, but I am doing just fine. Who ever said I wasn't dealing with it or that I was wigging out? I was simply venting to those who understand the visa-processing situation, which is a form of "dealing with it", though admittedly not the best I suppose. The basic idea was that I could come here and express my unhappiness with the process in which we all find ourselves. And it's that process that I am not a big fan of; I seemed to get so much flack in return though...I was surprised a bit...

And to those who spoke of CSC and the troubles there, heck I sympathize with you the most, go back and read the caveats in my original post to this thread. I realize that there are many people who "have it worse than" me and I understand how everything works, again, I was simply venting, and I even followed it up with an "ignore my last post" posting. So basically what I am saying is: hey, give me a break. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers or anything at all. Heck, I just figured everyone would ignore my posts, especially after I raised my hand and said "forget what I just said"...hahaha! :)

Finally, read my profile a bit and you'll see that I joined VJ a long time ago (back in 2004). So I have been around the block, I know how things work...oh heck, where am I going with this...rambling now....I dunno gang, just not liking some of the responses I got here, sorry, no offense intended, but .... probably making it worse, there'll be lots of replies, but eh ... felt the need to clarify, too ####### that way I suppose... :)

Anyhoo, whatever, no biggie. This'll be my last post to this thread, just felt the need to follow up and let you know that everything is fine with both me and Olga. I hope that the rest of you are doing the same. The approval should come for all of us oneday! Haha! Fortunately Olga and I are not experiencing any difficulties due to the wait. We're anxious, yes, but neither of us is too worked up about it. She's too busy with driving lessons, English lessons, work, etc. and I'm too busy with my normal hobbies.

Anyway, enough. Thanks again for the general support, hope everyone is well. Take care!

Edited by adair

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I think bludgeoning people may be a little overkill. Perhaps just a festive stoning? :hehe:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.