totes

221g received - Should we send additional evidence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My SO rec'd a 221(g) after his interview. It said our petition required Administrative Processing, they did not ask for additional evidence. I have since found out from the DOS that the interviewer was not convinced that we have a legit relationship We did not submit letter's from family and friends about our relationship because we felt certain that we were in good shape with all of the other evidence. My question is this.... should we and/or can we submit letters now, while we're in AP? Will they be considered and/or will they help at all?

Thanks!

tess

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear Tess,

221(g) - administrative processing usually means that the application (your SO) passed the interview and is now undergoing security checks. This is a normal process for all of us after the interview.

If the Consulate Officer did not think the relationship was legitimate, he would have asked for more evidence.

Did you call Department of State and they told you the CO needed more evidence???

I can only say it does not hurt to give more evidence. So if you think your SO can give letters from friends and family, then he should go to the Embassy and hand them over. Along with references (names & telephone numbers) of people who know both of you and can state that your relationship is legitimate.

Timeline
Dear Tess,

221(g) - administrative processing usually means that the application (your SO) passed the interview and is now undergoing security checks. This is a normal process for all of us after the interview.

If the Consulate Officer did not think the relationship was legitimate, he would have asked for more evidence.

Did you call Department of State and they told you the CO needed more evidence???

I can only say it does not hurt to give more evidence. So if you think your SO can give letters from friends and family, then he should go to the Embassy and hand them over. Along with references (names & telephone numbers) of people who know both of you and can state that your relationship is legitimate.

I called the DOS and they told me that the interview was not convinced that our relationship is valid and that they will be doing further investigations in Lagos and specifically mentioned interviewing his parents. I specifically asked about security checks and the DOS said no, we are not in security checks.

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When you submitted evidence of your relationship, did any of your pics include you with his family members? Mother, father, siblings, etc? We didn't submit any letters from family members but we had pics of us together with them. I think one of the most obvious pieces of evidence that showed we had a 'legit' relationship, was an IM that we had ( I used to save them all) and in our conversation we were arguing during some of it. It was a jealousy issue. The interviewer specifically asked my fiance about that incident and why I got mad at him. After my fiance told him about it, they laughed because it was so trivial.....a typical relationship, ya know? If you have anything like that, I would submit it. I almost didn't include that one because I didn't want to be embarassed, but I'm glad I did becuase it was the only one that the interviewer paid attention to. I wish you much luck, I'm sure you'll be answered soon.

Timeline
When you submitted evidence of your relationship, did any of your pics include you with his family members? Mother, father, siblings, etc? We didn't submit any letters from family members but we had pics of us together with them. I think one of the most obvious pieces of evidence that showed we had a 'legit' relationship, was an IM that we had ( I used to save them all) and in our conversation we were arguing during some of it. It was a jealousy issue. The interviewer specifically asked my fiance about that incident and why I got mad at him. After my fiance told him about it, they laughed because it was so trivial.....a typical relationship, ya know? If you have anything like that, I would submit it. I almost didn't include that one because I didn't want to be embarassed, but I'm glad I did becuase it was the only one that the interviewer paid attention to. I wish you much luck, I'm sure you'll be answered soon.

He took with him to the interview, pics of us, 2 to 3 im's per month (we didn't take them all) for our 16 month relationship, phone logs, emails but no pics of me with his family because I have not been to Nigeria. We met in Ghana due to travel warnings and his family was not able to go. The interviewer kept all of our evidence.

Edited by tony and tess

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.