RonMay

NEW JOB in the REAL WORLD

38 posts in this topic

So here i go again lol... hello everybody and thanks for taking time reading to my ever non-sense paranoia and anxiety.... tomorrow around 7:45 a.m ill be officially working at Ace hardware as a cashier (full time 40 hrs/week)... and this will be my first time job without the comfort of my husband's business and the comfort of our home as a home agent...

i already have work here in he US after i got my GC in my husband's store (handling cash registry, inventory, merchandising, cleaning, customer service etc)... the thing is i can what i want, i can do go home when i want and that i can just tell my boss (my husband) that i dont wana work today lol... so it isnt a "real" job per se plus the check im getting feels like not a "real" paycheck since it coming from our own business hehe... so i applied as a home agent handling cable billing (comcast) dealing with customer on the phone if they wana pay some bills, or if the want upgrade or troubleshoot their TV... the thing again is that there's a bunch of irate customers that they will yell and get angry for no particular reason and i cant handle such attitude which i cant blame them coz somehow they felt the company gave them a bad customer service... so after a month i quit... lol... :whistle: hindi ko masikmura (i cant stomach it) hehehe... i can say, my english is ok but when they started yelling, suddenly i felt like im talking to them as if they come from mars or from pluto... we cant understand each other hahah...

and so here i am again, was hired by ACE hardware last saturday and will work right away tomorrow... yesterday my husband and i bought some food for lunch for my work, lunch box, water bottle and some clothes and working shoes... and it really feels like its my first day of school :rofl: my husband and i were laughing about all our stuff that we bought and that im really really nervous and cant sleep and i think there's an elephant in my stomach aside from a butterfly. lol...

so this is it... i really hope ill do great tomorrow and they wont fire me right away hahaha... wish me luck y'all and may God give me strength and presence of mind while working...

God bless and will update you about my first day!!! :luv:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW Ronmay, that's good and exciting news! :D It's amusing to think of you buying lunch box and such, but so sweet of your husband to support you. :) What will be your job?

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

I'm 101% positive you'll do great! :thumbs: Every start of a new thing is always a cause for anxiety but then once we have immerse ourselves in that task/undertaking or whatever new thing, most often, we would find out that our worries were for nothing.

Sleep tight now, have the sweetest dear and GO GET 'EM tomorrow. I'm sure they would all adore you there. :thumbs:

God be your guiding light always. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Right, go get' em!! Quite funny to think that it's like your fist day in school, does your lunch box has any cartoon character designs? :lol: But that's so sweet of your husband. Good luck and start your first day with the best you can.

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a great first day at the new job

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Don't worry, you'll do great!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So here i go again lol... hello everybody and thanks for taking time reading to my ever non-sense paranoia and anxiety.... tomorrow around 7:45 a.m ill be officially working at Ace hardware as a cashier (full time 40 hrs/week)... and this will be my first time job without the comfort of my husband's business and the comfort of our home as a home agent...

i already have work here in he US after i got my GC in my husband's store (handling cash registry, inventory, merchandising, cleaning, customer service etc)... the thing is i can what i want, i can do go home when i want and that i can just tell my boss (my husband) that i dont wana work today lol... so it isnt a "real" job per se plus the check im getting feels like not a "real" paycheck since it coming from our own business hehe... so i applied as a home agent handling cable billing (comcast) dealing with customer on the phone if they wana pay some bills, or if the want upgrade or troubleshoot their TV... the thing again is that there's a bunch of irate customers that they will yell and get angry for no particular reason and i cant handle such attitude which i cant blame them coz somehow they felt the company gave them a bad customer service... so after a month i quit... lol... :whistle: hindi ko masikmura (i cant stomach it) hehehe... i can say, my english is ok but when they started yelling, suddenly i felt like im talking to them as if they come from mars or from pluto... we cant understand each other hahah...

and so here i am again, was hired by ACE hardware last saturday and will work right away tomorrow... yesterday my husband and i bought some food for lunch for my work, lunch box, water bottle and some clothes and working shoes... and it really feels like its my first day of school :rofl: my husband and i were laughing about all our stuff that we bought and that im really really nervous and cant sleep and i think there's an elephant in my stomach aside from a butterfly. lol...

so this is it... i really hope ill do great tomorrow and they wont fire me right away hahaha... wish me luck y'all and may God give me strength and presence of mind while working...

Congrats, don't worry you'll be fine. Just go there with confidence and stand tall (eventhough your not) :lol: , smile and be nice to everybody and they'll be nice to you too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry, you'll be fine. As long as you bought a Spongebob Squarepants lunchbox, you'll fit right in with your co-workers. :jest:

Inom at kain tayo! :pop:

Gusto ko uminom ng Red Horse please!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi ronmay,

Congrats on your new job! :thumbs: Don't worry i can understand why you can't stand with those irate clients caz i worked in a call center here in Phil for more than 3 years lol! Actually, i'm also wondering on what job can i get wen i get there :blink:

Congrats again and show them how great pinays are! hehe :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.