phub11

Packet 3 versus checklist - time till interview....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancee is getting worried over the time it takes between sending my packet 3 (arrived at US embassy in London April 1st ), my document checklist (April 16th), and the interview. Am I right in telling her it should be about 2 months after they received packet 3 (not 2 months after receiving the document checklist)? I know two weeks isn't much - but she's getting very impatient, as am I!!!

I also know it's somewhat redundant as it'll take its own sweet time, but I'd like to give her some reassurance that they started processing it at the beginning of the month - and that things are moving forward.

Cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Funnily enough...I was just analysing (On the visa timelines) days between Packet 3 Sent and interview date, for London Embassy Only.

In March it was around 40 Days average, however for April it's come down to around 35 Days! Which is great, so get ready I guess and good luck.

By the way...You haven't filled any of your official timeline. Which is valuable to other members like ourselves, in getting the latest information on ALL cases.

17th November 2007 - I129F SENT TO CSC

30th November 2007 - NOA1

2nd April 2008 2008 - NOA2

11th April 2008 - I had a nice piece of Marmite on toast

13th April 2008 - We had phone sex! LOL

21st April 2008 - NVC RECEIVED

23rd April 2008 - NVC SENT

3rd May 2008 - Packet 3 RECEIVED & SENT

13th May - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED TODAY! DOH!

29th May 2008 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED

5th June 2008 - MEDICAL

23rd June - INTERVIEW

28th August -MARRIED

us-uk-alliance.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Funnily enough...I was just analysing (On the visa timelines) days between Packet 3 Sent and interview date, for London Embassy Only.

In March it was around 40 Days average, however for April it's come down to around 35 Days! Which is great, so get ready I guess and good luck.

By the way...You haven't filled any of your official timeline. Which is valuable to other members like ourselves, in getting the latest information on ALL cases.

I did the same looked about 6 weeks to me.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I did the same looked about 6 weeks to me.

NAME Packet 3 Sent Interview Date

Micheal & Elizabeth April 9th May 13th

Andy & Caroline April 8th April 28th !!!!

Stephen & Amanda April 8th May 13th

Damian & Kelly April 2nd May 2nd

As you can see these 4 are on the 1 Month turnaround.

Let's hope that yours comes in soon Sal & Jay.

Best Wishes!

17th November 2007 - I129F SENT TO CSC

30th November 2007 - NOA1

2nd April 2008 2008 - NOA2

11th April 2008 - I had a nice piece of Marmite on toast

13th April 2008 - We had phone sex! LOL

21st April 2008 - NVC RECEIVED

23rd April 2008 - NVC SENT

3rd May 2008 - Packet 3 RECEIVED & SENT

13th May - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED TODAY! DOH!

29th May 2008 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED

5th June 2008 - MEDICAL

23rd June - INTERVIEW

28th August -MARRIED

us-uk-alliance.gif

I've got a similar question, I asked in another forum but didn't really get an answer on that. My fiance sent his Packet 3 back on April 15 - I know it's early yet and he hasn't gotten his interview date (though I've seen people get them within a weeks time). I have seen people talking about it costing a large fee to call the embassy...is that true? Cause I would like to have him call and find out if they have received the Packet 3, just so we can stay on top of things and ease our minds a bit.

So they schedule the interview once they've gotten the checklist back, but Rob sent everything together. When I asked him if he'd made sure to sign all the proper places on the papers he needed to sign, went over each form with him he said he didn't realize he had to sign the DS-230 Part 1.

When I looked over that form myself, the place to sign is very small and at the bottom of the page and at the end of Part 2 it says not to sign till you are at the interview so I am just assuming that he quickly eyed the page and saw that and didn't realize he had to sign it.

Will this cause us to get an RFE for a signed copy of the form? Or at this point with all the other documents having matching info, would they be lenient and let him sign it at the interview?

And if it would cause us to get an RFE, should he just send it in ASAP or wait for the actual RFE letter to come?

My apologies for seemingly hijacking the thread, I just think maybe I should've posted in this part to begin with so THANK YOU in advance for any help given.

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

sarahs -- call the Department of State to find out if Packet 3 has arrived. It's only the cost of a regular call to Washington DC. Number is 202-663-1225, press 1 then 0 to get to an operator. Make sure you have the case number handy -- it starts LND2008. They're very helpful and should be able to answer your questions without the exorbitant cost of the UK premium rate number.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.