Samanthajayne

Will past depression from 5 years ago, ruin my chances at visa medical exam?

3 posts in this topic

Hello Friends.

After a very fustrating appointment at the doctors, they agreed to right me a medical note in time for my medical next week. I told the doctor the note needed to include the following, as requested by consulate doctor.

How long my depression lasted?

What was the treatment, ie, type of medication either by name, or eg mild form of anti depressants blah blah blah.

Lastly what are the chances of it coming back?

This is what the guy wrote,

The patient has been at our practice since june 2006. Prior to this she has suffered episodes of depression. Her first episode was in 2001, when she was referred to councilling, and was started on anti depressants. She also had a further depressive episode in 2003, when she was refered to the mental health team. There are no none alcohol problems. She has not consulted us further, since being our patient.

NOW THE REALITY OF THIS SITUATION!

In 2001, I was 14 years old, and had just gone through a major crime, in which I was a victim. Dont know if it would benifit my case to get more info on the crime, to back up my case. Ie, a detailed account of what happened. Which happened to be that I was raped, and it all ended up at the old bailey, as I was one of many victims. So thats why i was refered to councilling, and stupidly put on antidepressents, which after 10 pills i didnt take, as was feeling worse. Then in 2003, I had to go to court, and my mum had kicked me out, so i was just really down and depressed with no money, at around 16 or 17. Which also led to me being cautioned for shoplifting in 2004, mostly for depression, as well as being broke, and hanging around with the wrong people. I dont consider myself to be a victim, and im not justifying my shoplifting. Just building up the situation.

I wouldnt really know how to get hold of the details of the court case etc, especially as my appoinment at the medical is this thursday. I do know a police officer so i will look into it.

I told the doctor surgery that it was unfair i had to pay for this letter, as the infomation, was 1, not what i asked for, and the fact i was reffered to the mental health team was there mistake. As when I got there, they had no idea why the doctor refered me, and told me they could not help.

Do you think this will effect my chances?

Many Thanks x

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

Only answer questions asked! If they do not ask then do not tell!! The problems will not prevent you from getting a visa. however, if this info is asked about they have knowledge of it. It is important that you tell the truth. The worst that could happen is you will be sent for psych evaluation. This will create a delay, but many others here have had it. Unless you admit past drug abuse,no matter how long ago, then you should be O.K. But unless asked about it do not say anything. Only answer questions as they are asked, do not add anything extra! Do not tell lies, but do not volunteer indirect info. The one thing that will get you Barred for life is to admit past drug abuse. To have been raped and then sent for psych exam was not you're fault. Again, only answer direct questions with direct answers. If they want to know more then they will ask for more. To admit past drug abuse even many years ago, and just one time will prevent ever getting a visa!!!!

You should read about other peoples posts concerning the medical and the interview.

Best Wishes john & jean (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Only answer questions asked! If they do not ask then do not tell!! The problems will not prevent you from getting a visa. however, if this info is asked about they have knowledge of it. It is important that you tell the truth. The worst that could happen is you will be sent for psych evaluation. This will create a delay, but many others here have had it. Unless you admit past drug abuse,no matter how long ago, then you should be O.K. But unless asked about it do not say anything. Only answer questions as they are asked, do not add anything extra! Do not tell lies, but do not volunteer indirect info. The one thing that will get you Barred for life is to admit past drug abuse. To have been raped and then sent for psych exam was not you're fault. Again, only answer direct questions with direct answers. If they want to know more then they will ask for more. To admit past drug abuse even many years ago, and just one time will prevent ever getting a visa!!!!

You should read about other peoples posts concerning the medical and the interview.

Best Wishes john & jean (L)

I agree with what is written by John&Jean. Do not volunteer any info. Just answer what is asked truthfully. Depression should not be a reason to withhold a visa, unless you are a danger to yourself and others. If depression is the only diagnosis then I would think the letter from the doc will be ok.

At least it shows you were treated for it.

Good luck,

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.