sarahaziz

Dealing with Affidavit of Support & Arab Embassies.

14 posts in this topic

For the signature on the Affidavit of support that I can take care of my spouse here Will I have to mail that abroad to my spouse ?? Or can they accept photocopie duplicates? OR would it be easier to Wire money to my spouse to show sufficient funds of Support. Ya somebody who has experienced this let me know what you did. This visa process is getting complex as it goes to the Interview. :angry:

Are there any other signatures papers my spouse will need before the interview that I need to give ?

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Yes I know all what is attatched with the Affidavit of Support I-343 but I was asking because my spouse is on K3 now he is abroad I am in the USA. They requested an Affidavit Support to show sufficient income. I wanted to know if they need my signature Original or if it's ok to be photocopied by a scanner. I hope it's not a crazy question :unsure: bcuz It's going to take couple of weeks to get that send abroad to where he is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would assume they need the original signature when you consider this is a legal and binding document.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Yes I know all what is attatched with the Affidavit of Support I-343 but I was asking because my spouse is on K3 now he is abroad I am in the USA. They requested an Affidavit Support to show sufficient income. I wanted to know if they need my signature Original or if it's ok to be photocopied by a scanner. I hope it's not a crazy question :unsure: bcuz It's going to take couple of weeks to get that send abroad to where he is.

For k-3, you probably attached I-134 not I-343. What does the new affidavit of support instruction say? Do you have to send I-864, tax returns, pay stubs, etc? You can email the embassy about whether they want an original signature or not. I am sure, they will tell you what they will accept.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for the interview? If they do require the original they will send him home and have him bring the original, then you have to wait until they find time to review it. This would only be wise if you are concerned that the original won't make it in time.

Perhaps scan and email it, then send the original.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I gave them originals of everything except the tax returns which were copies. Ask them, but it makes sense to me that they would want an origial signature. I found DHL reliable and fast sending things to/from Algeria.

For k-3, you probably attached I-134 not I-343. What does the new affidavit of support instruction say? Do you have to send I-864, tax returns, pay stubs, etc? You can email the embassy about whether they want an original signature or not. I am sure, they will tell you what they will accept.

Thanks, im so sorry for the typo people are probably thinking they need another form I meant I-134

Thanks, im so sorry for the typo people are probably thinking they need another form I meant I-134

I was sure you meant I-134. But what does the new instruction say? Do you need an I-864, tax returns, pay stubs' copies? Again, for the signature issue, email embassy. I am sure, they will let you know.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.