kraigster

White slip blues

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiance went in for her interview in Guangzhou last week and it was very brief. He asked her my full name then asked her to spell it. She could not spell my last name. She froze. It is a difficult name to pronounce or spell even for Americans. He asked her for photos and we only had about 6. He said it was not enough. How much is enough ? We are not picture people. We took a bunch of pics but we deleted the ones we didn't like which left us with few. I had her prepared for the toughest questions but not the easiest one. 3 strikes and your out. Right now we are both devastated. We have known each other for 1 1/2 years. I have now been to China twice to see her. I had over 200 email letters and phone records and they didn't even want to see them.

As she left the interview room, the vultures (lawyer consultants for P. Pagent) grabbed her by the arm and called me in to discuss what they could do for us. They flashed white slip and blue slip cases before my eyes and showed how they turned them into pink. They wanted $600 to keep the case in Guangzhou and $5000 to get her another chance for an interview. They aim to discredit the VO. After awhile when I said I couldn't afford that kind of money, I was told to marry her in China and apply for a CR1. Only thing is it will be 6 months before I go back to China and another 18 months to approve the CR1. We are talking 2 years. We want to be together now. Is there an easy solution ? Can she get some other kind of visa to come here so we can marry ? She is 35 and we want to have a child and be together, by the time she gets here she will be almost 38 and we will have waited 3 1/2 years. Help !

I have read some of the overcome cases on CFL but have tried to register without any success. Your responses will be appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My fiance went in for her interview in Guangzhou last week and it was very brief. He asked her my full name then asked her to spell it. She could not spell my last name. She froze. It is a difficult name to pronounce or spell even for Americans. He asked her for photos and we only had about 6. He said it was not enough. How much is enough ? We are not picture people. We took a bunch of pics but we deleted the ones we didn't like which left us with few. I had her prepared for the toughest questions but not the easiest one. 3 strikes and your out. Right now we are both devastated. We have known each other for 1 1/2 years. I have now been to China twice to see her. I had over 200 email letters and phone records and they didn't even want to see them.

As she left the interview room, the vultures (lawyer consultants for P. Pagent) grabbed her by the arm and called me in to discuss what they could do for us. They flashed white slip and blue slip cases before my eyes and showed how they turned them into pink. They wanted $600 to keep the case in Guangzhou and $5000 to get her another chance for an interview. They aim to discredit the VO. After awhile when I said I couldn't afford that kind of money, I was told to marry her in China and apply for a CR1. Only thing is it will be 6 months before I go back to China and another 18 months to approve the CR1. We are talking 2 years. We want to be together now. Is there an easy solution ? Can she get some other kind of visa to come here so we can marry ? She is 35 and we want to have a child and be together, by the time she gets here she will be almost 38 and we will have waited 3 1/2 years. Help !

I have read some of the overcome cases on CFL but have tried to register without any success. Your responses will be appreciated.

Paget is pretty expensive. You could try a less expensive lawyer. Keeping the case in GUZ is the most important issue. Once that is accomplished, they pretty much have to give her another interview or the opportunity to submit overcome information. Otherwise, what's the point in keeping it there?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Try again at CFL - I think donahso is aware of you now and will keep a closer eye on the email exchange.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Timeline

Hey Kraig,

"donahso" at CFL said to check your JUNK mail.

Met in person ,in China March 1 - 12 , 2007

Sent I-129F --------May 15, 2007

Received Date -----May 25, 2007

Check Cashed -----May 29, 2007

NOA1 ---------------July 9, July 9

Visited Yan --------- Oct. 11-23

NOA2 --------------- Oct. 17, 2007

USCIS sent to NVC -- Oct. 26, 2007

Received by NVC -- Nov. 2, 2007

NVC sent to GUZ -- Nov. 7, 2007

Received by GUZ --------- Jan. 14, 2008

GUZ sent P3 ------- Jan. 14, 2008

Sent Downloaded P3 forms to GUZ -- Jan. 26, 2008

GUZ received P3 ----- Feb. 4, 2008

P4 Sent ----- March 3, 2008

Interview Date ---- April 9, 2008

Received P4 ----- March 8, 2008

3rd Visit --- April 4 - 22, 2008

Interview Date ------April 9, 2008

BLUE

Overcome -- April 11, 2008

Picked up Visa -- April 16, 2008

Arrived in the U.S. -- April 30, 2008

MARRIED ----- May 25, 2008

Filed AOS/EAD ----- June 17, 2008

NOA -------------- June 30, 2008

NOA (Biometrics Appointment) -- July 2, 2008

Biometrics ---------------------July 14, 2008

"TOUCHED" --------------------July 18

RFE -----------------------------July 25, 2008

Case resumed ----------------- Aug 1, 2008

Transfered---------------------- Dec 9, 2008

EAD Card production ordered-Oct 29, 2008

Green Card production oredered- Feb 3, 2009

Timeline
Hey Kraig,

"donahso" at CFL said to check your JUNK mail.

Thanks for helping out. I registered at CFL still can't post. Maybe it will work later. Congratulations on the pink. Glad to hear some good news come out of there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm so sorry. I hope you can work this out. CFL has some great people, I hope they can help.

It took about 24 hours after registering before I was able to post on CFL. Keep trying.

___

What a scary story. I know Li can spell my name. But, by God, we'll practice it!!!

She's making a nice scrapbook and we have a couple hundred pictures (and will probably have over 500 by July). I'll have 'em printed and (as suggested on CFL) - "Take the kitchen sink".

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, I know I'm not correct to be in the China forum, but hell yes, take the kitchen sink! We've got probably at least 50 lbs. of stuff. I asked Mai, "How will you carry all that into the consulate?" She replied very quickly, very matter-of-factly, "I will do that very easy."

Good luck with your case.

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your results. Did ou get a white slip?

What were the easy questions they asked?

Good luck, keep us posted.

:thumbs:

comicirsaudit.jpg

Timeline

Sorry about the white slip, very sad. There is a ton of advice on CFL, see you there.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I went through the exact same thing back on August of 2006. Looking forward to see you post on CFL.

met online November 18, 2004 (my mother's birthday)

first visit February 7, 2005

filed I-129F 3/2005

receipt confirmed 4/29/05

USCIS approval 12/5/05

received P3 3/2006

received P4 6/2006

interview 8/28/06

interview failed with white slip

married November 6, 2006

fourth visit March 2007

filed I-130 for CR1 July 12, 2007

NOA1 received July 26, 2007

fifth visit October 28, 2007

1st wedding anniversary November 6, 2007

NOA2 received March 8, 2008

Timeline
I went through the exact same thing back on August of 2006. Looking forward to see you post on CFL.

Chilton did you get an attorney ? If so, Who ? Still can't post on CFL.

Timeline

Timeline

hope you are not discouraged by this, keep working on and you will see the light ahead of you. according to my experience of interview, photos are not important, I have prepared 10 photos, and only five of us together, the rest are with my friends or individuals, if your finacee can speak english, this will bring her much advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

We had that happen too. We got the white slip in December of 2007. My fiance at the time went to that attorney you mentioned, we didn't have any luck. We got married in Hong Kong in February of 2008 and are going to apply for the K3. He is a foreigner living in China and with marrying in Hong Kong I will be able to attend the interivew with him. I hope that is a good thing. Good luck with whatever you do. It's a long process for everyone it's just something you have to have a lot of patience with.

White slip (not a bona fide relationship)K1

Return to Washington 12-24-07

Married 2/23/2008 In Hong Kong

Filed K3 4/28/2009 (my husband had some issues with his Chinese visa)

CSC received May 1, 09

NOA1 May 6, 2009 (received in mail on 5-8)

Sent I29 May 9th, Received May 11th

NOA1 for I129 May 18th, 09

Received in mail on May 26th

I-130 Touch 8/14/2009, approved 9/1/09, 1129 touched 9-1,2,3, approved the 1st.

NOA2 for I-129 not received

Hong Kong Embassy received it on Sept 14th, 09

Packet 3 mailed out on Sept 22,09

I130 at NVC now

Received email Sep 23 about electronic processing for CR1

Packet 3 mailed on Sep 22, received on October 5th

Mailed packet 3 back 10-9 to Hong Kong, awaiting packet 4

Packet 4 mailed 10-15, Interview set for Nov 10th

In AP a little over a month

Got approval notice Dec 17th

Dropped passport off on 12-21

Received visa 12/24.

Flew to St Louis 12/29, now home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.