Beauty for Ashes

opinion .Do you think it helps or hurts Mena girls when we post our drama on here about our relationships with our men?

do you benefit from mena drama postings  

65 members have voted

1. 1. do you get anything out of the advice given on the mena board

• yes
    • no
    • hell no
    • I ignore all drama threads

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My wife has told me many time that she doesn't understand why American women act the way they do.

So did your wife learn her prejudices against American women from you, or did she develop this herself? No wonder you 2 get along, you share prejudices.

Puleeze!!

Sorry Jackie, I am not as nice as you.

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
One person posted that it seemed the MENA group are all women complaining about their husbands.

"The part that bothers me when I read the "drama" or problems or ranting about spouses, is that it's very one sided, women complaining about the men. I wish there were more men posting in this section from MENA instead of mostly only the women part of the equation. We would get a better picture of situations. I don't like complaining about my husband when other women complain about their men(I don't mean joking around, I mean serious annoyance at the husband), it becomes like a "thing to do", even in a work place, to complain about men. I like my husband and I wouldn't want him complaining about me to others in his workplace or on the internet. I'd be upset. Talking about an issue is one thing, complaining is another IMO. We all have things we can complain about concerning our spouses, and they have things about us too. I don't want him complaining about me to people on a forum. "

Why do women do this? Is this just American women? If my wife said the things some women say here I would say the marriage is bad. I have never been around a bunch of guys and the were complaining about their wives.

In one part you are portraying the wife, in the other part you are portraying the husband. I know you are the husband, so why are you speaking for your wife?

Also, since you are whining that only the women here are talking (because lets face it, we are the petitioners doing all of the immigration work), does your wife post here? If so, what is her screen name?

Personally my husband is bored with VJ. He reads it on occasion, but he has other things that interest him. Although to be fair I don't vent about my husband here. Not that we don't have problems at times, we do, but I choose other ways to deal with it. We always work it together without help. But that is just us. If the women come here to vent its because no one understands the unique trials that an American MENA wife has to deal with more than other American MENA wives. Like Sarah and Jenn said, women all over complain. Its human nature, nor American womens nature. Similar to the fact that all men like to hoard the remote, or they change channels non stop. There are just some things that are universal, so deal with it.

Stop trying to portray the perfect marriage because there is no such thing. Personally I think when you have one spouse claiming everything is perfect it is usually because that spouse is so blind and controlling that they don't know, nor do they care what their spouse is feeling if it doesn't conform to their way of thinking.

I only come on here when I get bored at the office.

I am the opposite of controlling, fortunately my wife and I am both givers not takers. It is noce for a change to not be taken advantage of or manipulated by a woman. I never claim to have a perfect relationship only a good one finally because I don't have to put up with a woman complaining all the time and living in fear of what mood she might be in at the moment. When all your life you are treated like dirt by women and finally you find someone that treats you good ofcourse you feel like maybe it is most American women. My wife has told me many time that she doesn't understand why American women act the way they do. We still have to deal with my ex wife because of my children and this occasionally cases problems. My ex threatens me all the time but I never stoop to her level and fight with her. I always try to be civil with her. I have custody of one child and she has custody of the other. I pay child support but she does not. I always go pick up my daughter but she only comes to see her son maybe 2 times a year and we are only 3 hours away. My son would prefer to never see his mom but my daughter would live with us if there was anyway posssible. I could go on for hours listed things about my ex but it is not important. The point is she is EVIL.

I am about fed up with all this American woman bashing. I personally think men bash American women because they cant flippantly get away with the ####### on us that they get away with women from overseas. You really have to tow the line with an American. She may put up with some of your #######, surpress her needs and roll over and play dead for a while but after a while the YANKEE comes out and run... MF ....run

As far as American women treating you like #######, American men have hurt me too. Its part of life, love , romance etc etc. Its just part of life.

However if you are a passive agressive whiner and pursue dominant bitchy women. ....well you are going to get what you get

All I can say is I am nice with who is nice with me, patient for a while past all understanding.. you go over the line with me... ( hurt my family or my kids) I will give you an ### whooping you will never forget. I am sure an entire village is talking about what I did to the last man who hurt me...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am about fed up with all this American woman bashing. I personally think men bash American women because they cant flippantly get away with the ####### on us that they get away with women from overseas. You really have to tow the line with an American. She may put up with some of your #######, surpress her needs and roll over and play dead for a while but after a while the YANKEE comes out and run... MF ....run

Very nice, Wahrania. Tell it, Girl!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I think it's safe to clear up that American women are taught not to be taken advantage of and to stand up for their rights since long time ago. That a man as a bachelor has enough time to do what he wants vs when he gets married he should be straightened out and stay with his wife and kids. I think American women are taught never let a man tell you whats right and wrong for your life this is your life. You take care of kids, clean, cook, work so you have the right over yourself.

In our culture (and I see the pattern with alot of other cultures in reserved areas) you're not really suppose to talk back to your husband unless he beats you , cheats or is just being impossible. We do have that right to speak up but not to ruin husbands respect alone or publically cuz if you don't make a man feel like a respected man he will stop acting like one. My father said your husband is always right and he will lead you in a good path with God so you must respect his authority and be by his side to take care of him. He also told me to become independent get my education, work part time if possible so if anything ever happens that cannot be reconciled I'd be able to take care of myself if no parents were alive.

I think there's a tiny bit of a difference b/t the 2.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
:dance:

I am an American woman and I love my sisters in this country, some of the best woman I have ever met. :thumbs:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

i even trash my husband infront of his siblings and mother when he is not nice to me. can you do it?

Thats not part of being an American. I never would trash my husband in front of people. I have seen some hispanic origin women and some phillapinas do this before ( I am friends with some) and yes, some Americans, but there is no way I would do that.. I would just not do that..PERIOD. Thats not an american characteristic. Thats just plain nasty

Timeline
i even trash my husband infront of his siblings and mother when he is not nice to me. can you do it?

Thats not part of being an American. I never would trash my husband in front of people. I have seen some hispanic origin women and some phillapinas do this before ( I am friends with some) and yes, some Americans, but there is no way I would do that.. I would just not do that..PERIOD. Thats not an american characteristic. Thats just plain nasty

:thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have seen plenty of American women make a seen in public but never other nationalities.

I have seen plenty of American women make a seen in public but never other nationalities.

well honey you havent seen enough. I have seen phillipinas flip out on their husbands in person and latin americans too. They may not have done it back home but some really show their ### over here. I work in sales and I see husbands and wives interacting all the time. The worst I have seen are asians. They run the show and their husbands need to figure it out pretty damn fast. I have never seen American men as henpecked as by their asian wives. I have seen some god awful Peruvians and Mexicans.. to the point the men were scared to come home. The most domineering American women I have seen are southern, believe it or not. They always seem to be able to run an entire platoon with a sweet drawl....hence the term steel magnolias.

I think you just had a bad case of luck with your ex. American women,,, and I have lived ALL OVER THE WORLD..are some of the most gracious, generous, unselfish women I have ever met. They always do for charity, something you hardly see overseas. Americans for the most part, take in more overseas students as host parents than I have ever seen. We have a welcome wagon approach.We not only take care of our own, we take care of disasters overseas. If I needed help, I would get it from an American womans civic group. American women are very can do and very generous. I have never seen the outpouring of generosity from any other people like Americans... And I have lived and traveled all over....

You had a bad run with one woman. There are lots of american women who would have loved and adored you. Have you ever thought that you made yourself emotionally unavailable to an american woman because of what happened to you?

Timeline
You had a bad run with one woman. There are lots of american women who would have loved and adored you. Have you ever thought that you made yourself emotionally unavailable to an american woman because of what happened to you?

I have never came on these boards and bashed my husband, nor have I done this in a public place of any sort. I am as American as anyone can be. The more I read these posts of his the more I can see that the woman probably had had enough. I don't think she is to blame any more, he is the most annoying person I have ever met in my entire life. :girlwerewolf2xn:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

well honey you havent seen enough. I have seen phillipinas flip out on their husbands in person and latin americans too. They may not have done it back home but some really show their ### over here. I work in sales and I see husbands and wives interacting all the time. The worst I have seen are asians. They run the show and their husbands need to figure it out pretty damn fast. I have never seen American men as henpecked as by their asian wives. I have seen some god awful Peruvians and Mexicans.. to the point the men were scared to come home. The most domineering American women I have seen are southern, believe it or not. They always seem to be able to run an entire platoon with a sweet drawl....hence the term steel magnolias.

I think you just had a bad case of luck with your ex. American women,,, and I have lived ALL OVER THE WORLD..are some of the most gracious, generous, unselfish women I have ever met. They always do for charity, something you hardly see overseas. Americans for the most part, take in more overseas students as host parents than I have ever seen. We have a welcome wagon approach.We not only take care of our own, we take care of disasters overseas. If I needed help, I would get it from an American womans civic group. American women are very can do and very generous. I have never seen the outpouring of generosity from any other people like Americans... And I have lived and traveled all over....

My problem is that I gave too much and was always taken advantage of.

Timeline

I think you place to high of an opinion of yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.