Possum

how can you tell if it's been "touched"?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

all jokes aside about how that topic title sounded, i have kind of a dumb basic question. how can you tell if your case has been touched? :huh: i just signed up for an online account with USCIS so now i can log on and see a table with my case number in it, rather than just the general screen with "we've received your petition and it's pending" type of thing. now i can see a field that says "last updated" with a date. does that mean it was last touched on that day? or would it specifically say, "touched"? *scratching head*

also, now that i've signed up for email updates, will they tell me when it's just touched or will i only be notified for big exciting events?

Thanks all!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I seem to have loved you in infinite forms, infinite times,

in life after life, in age after age forever.

~ Rabindarath Tagore

.png

3/27/08: I-129F sent

3/31/08: Received at CSC

4/1/08: NOA1

4/3/08: Check cashed

4/4/08: touched (i.e., moved to a cobwebby corner of the basement to be gnawed apart by rats)

7/31/08: NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

8/19/08: Packet 3 received

9/4/08: medical

9/8/08: Packet 3 sent to embassy

9/23/08: interview...APPROVED!!!! WOOOHOOO!!

9/25/08: visa in hand...wow, that was fast!

10/5/08: entry into U.S.

12/12/08: our wedding! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is asked so often that the answer is pined at the top of the K-1 forum.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
all jokes aside about how that topic title sounded, i have kind of a dumb basic question. how can you tell if your case has been touched? :huh: i just signed up for an online account with USCIS so now i can log on and see a table with my case number in it, rather than just the general screen with "we've received your petition and it's pending" type of thing. now i can see a field that says "last updated" with a date. does that mean it was last touched on that day? or would it specifically say, "touched"? *scratching head*

also, now that i've signed up for email updates, will they tell me when it's just touched or will i only be notified for big exciting events?

Thanks all!

Anytime your last updated date changes it means your case was scanned or handled somehow. Might mean something might not but at least it moved. :)) It doesn't say touched, that is a VJ term people use for a change in the last updated date. If the date changes even though it still says case pending. Your case has been touched. Its that simple. Yes you will receive an email saying your case has been updated. Don't go blind like the rest of us watching a date that doesn't move. Just wait for the emails. Ciao!

Edited by djaedi

Timeline
This is asked so often that the answer is pined at the top of the K-1 forum.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

alright, my bad...i knew i had read something about this somewhere but wasn't sure how to find it again. :bonk:

SORRY! my apologies to anyone who felt exasperated and inconvenienced by being rudely and thoughtlessly subjected to a thread that had already been answered somewhere else. :hehe:

~ Rabindarath Tagore

.png

4/4/08: touched (i.e., moved to a cobwebby corner of the basement to be gnawed apart by rats)

Timeline

Anytime your last updated date changes it means your case was scanned or handled somehow. Might mean something might not but at least it moved. :)) It doesn't say touched, that is a VJ term people use for a change in the last updated date. If the date changes even though it still says case pending. Your case has been touched. Its that simple. Yes you will receive an email saying your case has been updated. Don't go blind like the rest of us watching a date that doesn't move. Just wait for the emails. Ciao!

djaedi, thank you!! your answer also cleared up the point about the emails, which wasn't clear (at least to me) from the pinned thread. oh, and sad to say i'm already joining the ranks of the blind and obsessed. see you at the support group! :)

~ Rabindarath Tagore

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.