Beta

What to send to the foreign fiancée?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to say thanks for all the information I've found here, both in the guides, FAQs, and forums. My fiance and I have (actually, he has) sent the I-129 to CSC, on monday, and now I guess the hard part is waiting... right? Well, my love is kinda confused when it comes to all the paperwork, so I'm trying to make is as simple (and early :P) as possible, so I'm sure I won't be missing anything when the time for my interview finally comes. I have one doubt left though. This is what the K1 guide says:

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

But I don't think I will need everything that he sent, right? At least not the G325, passport type pictures, etc... So my question is, what exactly does he (the US citizen) need to send to me (the foreign fiancée), for the interview? And yea, I know it will be months before that, and I know the Affidavit of Support needs to be recent, but I just like having everything organized beforehand... :unsure:

Beta & Kyle timeline ~

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-27

Interview Date : 2008-10-14 - visa approved!!

Visa Received : 2008-10-20

US Entry : 2008-11-09

Marriage :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Recomended to have the origionals of everything that was in the I-129F petition (I case something is asked for to confirm the copy).

Also copies of continued relationship evidence since the I-129 F was filed, like phone record, chat logs, emails, email log, etc.. If a US citizen has visited foreign citizen since the I-129F filing, then additional evidence of being together is good.

Renewed letters of marriage intent.

I-134 + financial evidence.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Recomended to have the origionals of everything that was in the I-129F petition (I case something is asked for to confirm the copy).

Also copies of continued relationship evidence since the I-129 F was filed, like phone record, chat logs, emails, email log, etc.. If a US citizen has visited foreign citizen since the I-129F filing, then additional evidence of being together is good.

Thanks for the reply. :)

By originals of everything that was in the I-129F petition, you mean the evidence that we sent? In our case that would be the boarding tickets, copy of his passport with the stamps, credit card receipts and photos of us together. I can't have him send me his passport, obviously, so would a certified copy be good enough?

Beta & Kyle timeline ~

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-27

Interview Date : 2008-10-14 - visa approved!!

Visa Received : 2008-10-20

US Entry : 2008-11-09

Marriage :

Thanks for the reply. :)

By originals of everything that was in the I-129F petition, you mean the evidence that we sent? In our case that would be the boarding tickets, copy of his passport with the stamps, credit card receipts and photos of us together. I can't have him send me his passport, obviously, so would a certified copy be good enough?

I made two copies of my initial I-129F. I placed one copy in plastic sheet protectors and into a binder. When I went to the UK, I brought it to give to Darren (along with all of the things he needed for the interview...i.e. I-134, financial support documents, letter from the employer...). He will add the copies of all the new proof of relationship since we sent in the I-129F...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.