Peikko

Getting logged out

11 posts in this topic

click on a link. At least once in 3 tries I get logged out. Does anyone know why this is happening and if it can be fixed? It's very irritating...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Why don't I get logged out of anything else though? Why does this happen at home as well as at work? I could understand it if this was a problem I had all the time but it's restricted to VJ but not restricted to being at work.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

When you are using the website we check to make sure that your IP does not change. If it does then you are logged out for security. If you are using any type of anonymizer or have a dynamic IP that changes quickly this could be it.

Other than that we don't log people out on purpose. Any more info you have would be useful if this is not the reason.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I didn't seriously imagine I was being selected for special treatment (deliberately logged out) :lol:

However, I am having this problem for the first time ever and I don't really know what the change is. As I have mentioned, it's not happening when I log into, for example the Expatgroups.com :) website but it is happening on VJ. I also can't pin it down to one computer. It's happening at work and at home. Oh well, I'll live!

Timeline

Hmm.. See if you can do the following:

Try a different computer (same internet connection) and retry the above (browsers)

Try a different internet connection (than you have tried so far) and see what happens if you use firefox & IE

lastly try making a new member account. See if the new account gives issues :).

The above steps will greatly help me debug it. Also please go to this site: http://whatismyip.com/ and see if over the course of the day your IP is changing :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Thanks. I don't know what to say. I had no problems at all with this computer all morning until just now - then bumpity bump!

The IP address doesn't appear to change at all.

Timeline

Does your work use a proxy server?