tantan

K-1 Fiacee Visa Canada-> US (Ontario - Indiana)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:help:Like the title says, i'm a canadian, waiting for my american fiance to start the forms, but before that happens we want to make sure that we hae sufficient proof that we have been together and spent a tremendous amount of time together! which we have ( several hours over the phone and internet through skype and chats, we even been almost a week together )

i keep reading lots and lots of different site everywhere, saying that it could take years even before the process starts and on other sites 3 months into the forms, the fiancee, myself as it were, could move in with my fiance where he lives. It's hard to get hard information when they don't really explain that much or they talk in fancy legal words, so that we can't really fully understand the process, if anyone has a rough estimate how, this process would take and about how much it would cost would be very helpful

and also since we want to visit each other before, anyone know of anything that would be good to do while he's up here with me that would serve as good evidence that we were together at that certain time!...

thanks alot,

tantan

Woman, girls back to our kitchens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, welcome to VJ! :)

I humbly suggest you start reading the K-1 guide, you'll soon find out that you can get the process started as soon as you fill out and send in the first form. :) You may also want to visit the Canada section in the Regional Forum, where we have lots of info for the Canucks on the board. :)

Whenever the two of you visit each other, save everything, like credit card or other receipts, boarding passes, etc etc, and take lots of pictures together.

good luck and best wishes as you figure all of this out. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Check out the guides at the top and the FAQ http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

It is not years....probably 6-8 months. Check out timelines to see others going through your service center and consulate.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Timeline

Welcome to VJ!!!!

If you read the "Guides" and "Visa FAQ" at the top of the the VJ page, you'll find all kinds of useful information and answers to your questions.

The whole process will most likely take 6 months (or thereabouts). But, you will not be able to move in with your fiance in the U.S. until after the K-1 visa is in your hands. You can visit, but you must always have proof of ties to Canada to ensure that you will be returning after your visit.

Good luck getting the paperwork finished and sent off.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
:help:Like the title says, i'm a canadian, waiting for my american fiance to start the forms, but before that happens we want to make sure that we hae sufficient proof that we have been together and spent a tremendous amount of time together! which we have ( several hours over the phone and internet through skype and chats, we even been almost a week together )

i keep reading lots and lots of different site everywhere, saying that it could take years even before the process starts and on other sites 3 months into the forms, the fiancee, myself as it were, could move in with my fiance where he lives. It's hard to get hard information when they don't really explain that much or they talk in fancy legal words, so that we can't really fully understand the process, if anyone has a rough estimate how, this process would take and about how much it would cost would be very helpful

and also since we want to visit each other before, anyone know of anything that would be good to do while he's up here with me that would serve as good evidence that we were together at that certain time!...

thanks alot,

tantan

When I sent my I129F in I just sent in a few pics with the date printed on the back and a letter of intent to marry. There was nothing fancy that i sent and I received my approval Apr 17.

Good Luck

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks alot,

tantan

When I sent my I129F in I just sent in a few pics with the date printed on the back and a letter of intent to marry. There was nothing fancy that i sent and I received my approval Apr 17.

Good Luck

Where that may have flown in your case, it hasn't in others..

Credit Card Receipts, ATM Receipts, Hotel Receipts, Boarding Passes, etc. are all good evidence of your presence in Canada. Throw in some pictures ofr good measure and that will be good enough to show that you've been in each other's presence.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Copies of stamps in your passport is another good bit of evidence to send (but not on its own - usually best to be in conjunction with boarding passes and/or hotel receipts, etc).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! Like the others said, you can start out by reading the guides and the topics that concern your case.

You´ll find out that you don´t need to look anywhere else for this process to work. VJ has it all. ;)

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Copies of stamps in your passport is another good bit of evidence to send (but not on its own - usually best to be in conjunction with boarding passes and/or hotel receipts, etc).

CBP usually doesn't stamp the passports of Canadians and vice versa...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
:dance: Welcome to VJ, this is the best site for information and great people to talk to :thumbs:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.