Chica Yeyé

Canadian Taxes Refund Timeline

189 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I did look for this, but can't seem to find it.... my Dad's accountant just finished my first out of Canada taxes, so now I just need to send them out. But what office do I send them? The sticker that was sent with my tax package is in PEI, I know I don't send it to the usual place right?

You need to send your complete tax return to International Tax Services in Ottawa ON.

Thanks, do you have the address?

Hi Jill, the address is:

International Tax Services Office

2204 Walkley Road

Ottawa, Ont K1A 1A8

Canada

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Linda! :D

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

OMG! I just filed today, thinking that I would owe...quite a a bit actually... and it turns out, i'm getting money back!!!! and a good chunk too!!!! WOOHOO... it was my first year as 'self employed' so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had a bunch of deductibles that saved me :)

Now I can spend that money on my move :)

Should you ever get it. :hehe:

Oh, haha! You mean the refund! I thought you meant the Visa! Haha! I thought oh my! Haha! Yeah I guess it'll take some time, I'll just forward my mail and wait....

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

I cannot possibly imagine that anyone's would have been completed so quickly. I'm still waiting on 2007.

My 2008 was "received" by Canada about 2 weeks ago.

Still waiting for 2007 like you though. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I cannot possibly imagine that anyone's would have been completed so quickly. I'm still waiting on 2007.

What do you think will happen? Which return will be completed in timely manner? hehehehe

Hopefully, our tax returns will be completed within 4 to 6 weeks...but this can't be true...some takes even longer....gsssssssssssshhhhhhhh

Edited by jhunjhun

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline

Hi Texanadian,

I just was wondering how you found out your 2008 tax return was received, when I call the Intl Tax Centre, they just tell me it has not been processed and they have no way of telling if it is there, where it is in the pile etc. I sent mine in 4 weeks ago. Thnks

Timeline

I just went on the CRA website to check the status of my 2008 Tax return and it now shows as "2008 Tax return assessed".......that was only 4 weeks since my tax preparer sent it into the Intl tax office!!!! Now I will have to go back onto the site on Tuesday to see when they will be depositing the money into my canadian bank account.

I also had my 2007 tax return reassessed at the Surrey Tax Centre and that only took 2 weeks to process and another week to get in my account. I was so amazed.

Timeline
I just went on the CRA website to check the status of my 2008 Tax return and it now shows as "2008 Tax return assessed".......that was only 4 weeks since my tax preparer sent it into the Intl tax office!!!! Now I will have to go back onto the site on Tuesday to see when they will be depositing the money into my canadian bank account.

I also had my 2007 tax return reassessed at the Surrey Tax Centre and that only took 2 weeks to process and another week to get in my account. I was so amazed.

Linda,

What's the website to check, and what do you need? Your SIN #?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Linda,

the website is http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/nd...t/menu-eng.html. You can log in if you have an EPass or just log into the "quick access" (that is what I did). You need your SIN, date of birth, amount on line 150 and the year of tax return. If it has not been processed yet, it comes up with a screen saying something like you have entered incorrect information etc. If you try more than 5 times I think it is they lock you out and then you can call and have them reset your account.

Wait, i'm confused...is this for returns of Canadians living in US? like your final return? Cause I filed last year and got mine back in like 3-4 weeks...and I am filing Monday in hopes to see something soon :( lol! well, by soon I mean within 2 months hopefully?!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Linda,

the website is http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/nd...t/menu-eng.html. You can log in if you have an EPass or just log into the "quick access" (that is what I did). You need your SIN, date of birth, amount on line 150 and the year of tax return. If it has not been processed yet, it comes up with a screen saying something like you have entered incorrect information etc. If you try more than 5 times I think it is they lock you out and then you can call and have them reset your account.

Thanks for that! I only mailed mine last week, so it came up as info incorrect. Will check back in a few weeks

Wait, i'm confused...is this for returns of Canadians living in US? like your final return? Cause I filed last year and got mine back in like 3-4 weeks...and I am filing Monday in hopes to see something soon :( lol! well, by soon I mean within 2 months hopefully?!

:yes: Next year, you'll file your return this way (Intl tax centre in Ottawa)

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

I can't remember when I mailed mine to CRA. But it was received April 30th. Assessed on May 12th. Information updated online to show my return on May 16th.

Well what do you know? I just checked it today and my 2007 has been re-assessed with the proper full basic exemptions and they've added interest as well.

I got $32 in interest. Roughly 3.25% of the balance owed. So with interest I'm getting another $1,000 or so from them.

My GST status has been a bit weird. They sent me a couple bills for $271 (3 GST cheques I cashed after moving to the US). Then they sent me a few for $181 (2 GST cheques owing...they took a GST payment that they were going to mail me and used it as a credit against the $271 I owed.)

I see they deducted the $271 off my $1,000 return. Fine by me. I was going to pay them AFTER I got my refund back from them. So I should be getting a cheque for $730 sometime soon.

I'll be taking the exchange rate hit on this when I deposit it at my bank. Not much I can do about that.

So it looks like my timeline for my 2007 return is:

April 2007: Received

May 2007: Assessed

June 2007: Appealed

April 2008: Re-assessed

I'm not sure if I'll be getting a cheque in the next week or if it's a 6-8 week wait on it. Just have to wait a bit longer I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.