Mags

Mags is going to be working with cats...

42 posts in this topic

COOL! When do you start, and do you know exactly what you'll be doing?

I have considered doing this myself. Our local shelter has an adopt a cat day each week at our nearby Petsmart and they are looking for people to help. I am curious about what it entails, but I have such little free time, I'd hate to commit a large chunk of time that I'd later let them down on or something.

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey.........be sure to visit their website and sign their petition for an animal control officer. Putnam county needs one in the worst way.

http://www.hspcanimals.org/

My daughter was bitten by a stray dog about a month ago and is still going through the rabies shots. They are not as painful as they used to be but are very very expensive. When it's all over and done with in June it cost almost $4,000. We have dogs dumped on us all the time because we live out in the country. People won't take them to the humane society because they charge them $25.00. Or they tell them they don't have room to take them.

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I want emerald! :yes:

She's a sweetie, until she bites you. :D

COOL! When do you start, and do you know exactly what you'll be doing?

I have considered doing this myself. Our local shelter has an adopt a cat day each week at our nearby Petsmart and they are looking for people to help. I am curious about what it entails, but I have such little free time, I'd hate to commit a large chunk of time that I'd later let them down on or something.

I'm doing 2/3 mornings a week at the moment. I go in around 9am, clean, feed and water the cats (they have about 30 presently) and give them clean bedding. It's actually really nice, cause we let the cats out of the cage as we do it and they have a bit of a run around, sniff stuff and generally stretch their legs. They get made a fuss of too, which is great.

Many of the cats who can't find homes end up at the foster houses - one woman currently has 18. Often they'll go to the foster home for a while and never come back...:P

Tracy - I can't recommend it enough, I really enjoyed myself there. It isn't always just looking after the animals where you could help. They are often holding bake sales, jumble sales and so on and need people to distribute flyers and so on. See if you could volunteer your services that way if you only have a little free time? :D

Hey.........be sure to visit their website and sign their petition for an animal control officer. Putnam county needs one in the worst way.

http://www.hspcanimals.org/

My daughter was bitten by a stray dog about a month ago and is still going through the rabies shots. They are not as painful as they used to be but are very very expensive. When it's all over and done with in June it cost almost $4,000. We have dogs dumped on us all the time because we live out in the country. People won't take them to the humane society because they charge them $25.00. Or they tell them they don't have room to take them.

Vicky

We had one fella phone whilst I was there. Said he had a small stray dog sitting in one of his dog's kennels. Said that if the HSPC didn't come and collect it he was going to shoot it. Course the HSPC don't go and collect animals so they had to ask him to bring it in rather than kill the poor thing. It probably only wanted shelter. :(

Humans suck.

I will go and sign that petition though. :thumbs:

I'm doing 2/3 mornings a week at the moment. I go in around 9am, clean, feed and water the cats (they have about 30 presently) and give them clean bedding. It's actually really nice, cause we let the cats out of the cage as we do it and they have a bit of a run around, sniff stuff and generally stretch their legs. They get made a fuss of too, which is great.

Many of the cats who can't find homes end up at the foster houses - one woman currently has 18. Often they'll go to the foster home for a while and never come back...:P

Tracy - I can't recommend it enough, I really enjoyed myself there. It isn't always just looking after the animals where you could help. They are often holding bake sales, jumble sales and so on and need people to distribute flyers and so on. See if you could volunteer your services that way if you only have a little free time? :D

That sounds wonderful for you - it's always fun to give attention to/get attention from kitties. :D :D

I may just do that - I'm sure they have people already on their volunteer rosters who don't have a lot of free time, but still contribute something. :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Oh and silly me, I forgot to mention that we're hoping to bring home Cleopatra next Tuesday.

Yes, that'll be 8.

It's a slippery slope, people! :lol:

cleopatra2-1.jpg

I may just do that - I'm sure they have people already on their volunteer rosters who don't have a lot of free time, but still contribute something. :thumbs:

Keep us posted, Tracy, if you do manage to help out! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh and silly me, I forgot to mention that we're hoping to bring home Cleopatra next Tuesday.

Yes, that'll be 8.

cleopatra2-1.jpg

do i hear a baker's dozen? going once, going twice......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Yes, that'll be 8.

cleopatra2-1.jpg

do i hear a baker's dozen? going once, going twice......

Charles....naughty. :lol:

:ot: I thought you were working today Mags :luv::ot2:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

:ot: I thought you were working today Mags :luv::ot2:

Not today! :D

I thought I would be able to run rappant :D

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow