Norman and Dijani

Getting Discouraged

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the snag my fiancee and I hit with getting her German police clearance. To make a long story short, they spelled her name wrong on the document and had to send it back to Germany to be corrected. that was almost three weeks ago and we have not heard anything since. My fiancee will be contacting the Germany emabssy about this soon to hoepfully get some sort of status update.

I wrote to the Consulate in Johannesburg to explain this situation and hopefully get them to get us the earliest possible interview date once we have everyhting together. Their response is below:

Dear Mr. Dagle,

As soon as your fiancée returns her checklist, we will do our very best to ensure that she get the first available appointment for an interview. However, our appointment schedule is very busy and currently we are about to start scheduling appointments for the month of June. Please keep in mind that we may only be in a position to schedule an appointment six weeks out.

Thank you,

Consular Section Johannesburg

I cant believe that once she sends in her checklist that it will take 6 weeks to get her an interview!!!!! This is yet another blow to us and the time apart and the process are really starting to get to both of us! Does anyone have any advise for us or any history with dealing with things liek this? My head is spinning!!!!!!!!!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : South Africa

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2008-02-25

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-04-16

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-25

Interview Date : 2008-05-29

Arrived in U.S.A (POE Detroit, MI): 6/11/08

Married: 8/8/08

AOS

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 9/11/08

Package Delievered by USPS: 9/13/08

Check Cashed according to Online Banking: 9/19/2008

Recieved NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765: 9/22/08

Biometrics Appt: 10/14/08

I-765 and I-485 Touched: 10/14/08

Changed Address Online: 12/5/08

Changed Address Over Phone: 12/5/08

Sent in AR-11 and I-865: 12/9/08

CRIS Email on I-131 Approval Notice Sent: 12/10/08

CRIS Email on I-765 Card Production Ordered: 12/10/08

I-485 Touched: 12/10/08

AP Recieved: 12/15/08

EAD Recieved: 12/19/08

Interview Letter Recieved: 2/12/09

Interview Date: 4/6/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

can you not go ahead and return the checklist, thus booking an interview as soon as possible, and then wait for the police clearance to come through? you'd have to investigate; I'm not sure what it's like in SA, but here in London if you attend the interview without the clearance, but everything else is satisfactory, you can be 'approved pending receipt of police clearance', and then you just send that document in when you get it... that could save you some time :)

sorry to hear it's getting you down :(

you WILL get through... with less than two weeks til I leave the country, almost exactly a year after getting engaged, I am living proof of that ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Hello,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the snag my fiancee and I hit with getting her German police clearance. To make a long story short, they spelled her name wrong on the document and had to send it back to Germany to be corrected. that was almost three weeks ago and we have not heard anything since. My fiancee will be contacting the Germany emabssy about this soon to hoepfully get some sort of status update.

I wrote to the Consulate in Johannesburg to explain this situation and hopefully get them to get us the earliest possible interview date once we have everyhting together. Their response is below:

Dear Mr. Dagle,

As soon as your fiancée returns her checklist, we will do our very best to ensure that she get the first available appointment for an interview. However, our appointment schedule is very busy and currently we are about to start scheduling appointments for the month of June. Please keep in mind that we may only be in a position to schedule an appointment six weeks out.

Thank you,

I cant believe that once she sends in her checklist that it will take 6 weeks to get her an interview!!!!! This is yet another blow to us and the time apart and the process are really starting to get to both of us! Does anyone have any advise for us or any history with dealing with things liek this? My head is spinning!!!!!!!!!

Hi Norman & Dijani,

I feel for you!!! I've read some of the other SA threads when I first started on VJ and if you send in the checklist, attend the interview without the police clearance from Germany, they will approve your case but only issue a visa once the clearance is received. I read the letter you got from the consulate - I spoke with them today (I intend calling them every week to check on the status of my interview date), they said they will be scheduling for MAY soon and will contact me once my date is set (spoke with my case worker directly). Will keep you posted on info about the dates :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Thank you so much. I dont know what i would do without my support team here at VJ!!!! I talked with Dijani and we are all good. We are chalking this up to a minor set back and are pushing forward wiht our eyes on the prize.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : South Africa

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2008-02-25

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-04-16

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-25

Interview Date : 2008-05-29

Arrived in U.S.A (POE Detroit, MI): 6/11/08

Married: 8/8/08

AOS

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 9/11/08

Package Delievered by USPS: 9/13/08

Check Cashed according to Online Banking: 9/19/2008

Recieved NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765: 9/22/08

Biometrics Appt: 10/14/08

I-765 and I-485 Touched: 10/14/08

Changed Address Online: 12/5/08

Changed Address Over Phone: 12/5/08

Sent in AR-11 and I-865: 12/9/08

CRIS Email on I-131 Approval Notice Sent: 12/10/08

CRIS Email on I-765 Card Production Ordered: 12/10/08

I-485 Touched: 12/10/08

AP Recieved: 12/15/08

EAD Recieved: 12/19/08

Interview Letter Recieved: 2/12/09

Interview Date: 4/6/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi, We sent our paper back and they recieved them on 2/14/08....our interview date was 4/1/08........when she has her papers filled out is it possible for her to email them back to the consulate...it cuts about 2 weeks out...and call every day,even 2 times a day, (27 11) 644-8000 Ext # 8124 or Ext# 8141 (We spoke to a very buzy woman named Ericia)...was was very helpful getting a date, but you must keep calling once they have your P3....You do not need anything back from them just the date and you show up.......She said the 2nd week of every month they start giving out the following months appointments, for example this month 4/7/08 they would be giving out appointments for June...and if they are booked call every day to see if there is a cancallation.....Just keep callin!!!!

Terry

Hello,

Dear Mr. Dagle,

Thank you,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Snags like this happen. Six weeks waiting for an interview is prompt service by government standards.

Consider yourself lucky your processing (from the timeline you provided) is FASTER than a lot of other people here.

Filed December 28, 2006 - Interview December 11, 2007 - still waiting for AP to clear and visa to be issued.

Edited by Nutty

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.