tata75

Got A question about infopass website

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, is the USCIS website working? I tried to get into the infopass to schedule an appointment to my DHS office and the infopass site just take into the homepage but able to continue further. Another question would be is that I called NSC today and asked about the status of my I-751 since i didnt receive any NOA, so they gave me an SRC number which doesnt work if i check my status online. Does anybody have the same problem as i'm experiencing now? Hope you can help me with this. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure about the infopass page, but I can answer your question about your SRC number.

When you submit your I-751 to the TSC they cash the cheque, assign an I-751 number and write it on the back of the cheque, and are supposed to issue you an NOA. Unfortunately, TSC seems to have forgotten how to do that last step since virtually none of us who have submitted our I-751s since early February have received the NOA extension notice. Regardless, the number that is listed here is for USCIS internal use only and cannot be used to access any file information by the applicant - only by USCIS. A second number is assigned to you when you are scheduled for a biometrics appointment. This number is accessible by you and can be registered on the USCIS website to check for your status update. A number of us have called to get this second, biometrics number even before we have received our biometrics appointments. In order to do that, the call center employee who answers the phone has to transfer you to an actual immigration officer. Some of them won't do that. You just need to insist that since you do not have an NOA receipt and are supposed to have it, you would like to speak with an immigration officer who can give you the number that works to check your status on line. If the immigration officer tries to give you the number you already have, explain that you have that one and it is the wrong one - that there is a second case number that is assigned with the biometrics and that is the number you need.

You might want to check out this link as well and add your information:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118137

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.