Campanita

Can husband travel with extension letter?

7 posts in this topic

We are about to submit I-751 paperwork for my husband. His green card expires June 29. My question is can we travel out of the US with his old green card and the one year exentsion letter once he receives it OR does he have to go get his passport stamped?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is a very frequent question.

Answer is: YES :yes: the extension letter clearly indicates it allows work and travel while I-751 is pending.

You will receive a notice of receipt for the form stating that "Your alien card is extended one year - employment and travel authorized". Keep the receipt with your green card. If by some chance you are not approved within a year you will want to make an InfoPass appointment to go to your Local Office to request an I-551 stamp in your passport. Local Offices will not give an I-551 stamp is you have another type of evidence of status (ie, expired Green Card + extension letter)
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
well what happend if it is approved and you are out of the country?

We are going to file my wifes on the 6th, but she wan'ts to go home to be with her sick father and finish up her daughters visas. What happens if she is overseas when they send you the interview notice?

Then you will either need to return to the USA for the interview, or contact USCIS and see if the interview can be rescheduled. If approved, the letter and expired card are still valid for re-entry to the USA.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
well what happend if it is approved and you are out of the country?

We are going to file my wifes on the 6th, but she wan'ts to go home to be with her sick father and finish up her daughters visas. What happens if she is overseas when they send you the interview notice?

Then you will either need to return to the USA for the interview, or contact USCIS and see if the interview can be rescheduled. If approved, the letter and expired card are still valid for re-entry to the USA.

If you get an interview at this stage, which is rare, as far as I can see.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh dear. :( I realize how common this question is! I just asked it myself and swore I missed any posts that had it...

Well, here I am feeling sheepish. Thanks for asking, and thank you everyone for the information!

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.