kman

Police Clearance Certificate in Gujarat India

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi,

My wife lives in Surat. Is it possible for her to get the PCC before receiving the call letter from NVC? And is it the requirement to add spouse's name on her passport in order to get PCC?

I am very confused and frustated! :help:

Dude

Getting PCC before the interview letter is hit or miss, meaning that sometimes you can getaway with showing just NOA2 letter (they think it's same in some cases, I guess it depends on the person in the office). And sometimes they ask for real interview letter.

You can try to get it with NOA2.

My wife just got the CR1 visa. We did not add my name (for spouse) in her passport. The ppl at the Passport office made her add my name.

But her middle name is still same.

I don't think the US Embassy will bug you for the spouse name in the passport.

One more thing. I have a friend who is a guy. He did not change his name nor did he add her wife's name as spouse in his passport, and he did not have any issue.

Hope this helps you.

Bheju

Thanks man. sorry for the late reply.

Is it ok to send DS-230 without PCC though?

What did your wife send with DS-230?

You have to send in a PCC with the DS-230. I sent in local pcc for my wife and stated on the cover sheet that Passport PCC will be provided at time of interview and they were OK with that.

Also you HAVE to send in originals or certified copies. Certified Copies are not the same as true copies. You can go to the issuing entity to get a certified copy of the birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Thanks,

My wife got the PCC and sent the DS-230 package and now she's waiting for their reply.

Good luck with the interview stuff!

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.