ben2

AOS/EAD/AP photos + a q about AP sample form

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I'm ready to apply for AOS for my wife and want to apply for EAD/AP together since they are included in the price. In the instructions for each of the forms it says I need to attach 2 photos, so does that mean I need to send in 6 photos total?

I also have a question about AP form I-131. On the form in Part 3 after question #3 it says: "If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7." In the example form on VisaJourney though, questions 4 and 5 of Part 3 are answered with a checkbox. This seems to contradict the instructions on the form, so do I need to answer those questions or do I skip them?

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Hi everyone.

I'm ready to apply for AOS for my wife and want to apply for EAD/AP together since they are included in the price. In the instructions for each of the forms it says I need to attach 2 photos, so does that mean I need to send in 6 photos total?

I also have a question about AP form I-131. On the form in Part 3 after question #3 it says: "If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7." In the example form on VisaJourney though, questions 4 and 5 of Part 3 are answered with a checkbox. This seems to contradict the instructions on the form, so do I need to answer those questions or do I skip them?

Thanks for your time,

Ben

anyone?

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Hi Ben... you may skip to part 7. You dont need to answer those.

Edited by UAL1739

AOS TIMELINE :

4/4/08- AOS package mailed out

4/6/08- AOS package received at Chicago

4/10/08 - Case received /pending

4/14/08 - NOA receipt received

4/19/08 - Biometric appointment letter received

5/3/08 - Biometric done ( Alexandria, Virginia )

5/6/08 - EAD touched ( no email )

5/7/08 - Case status shows up online

5/9/08 - Received email regarding AOS case transferred to

California Service Center .

5/14/08 - Received email AOS case is now pending at CSC.

5/15/08 - AOS touched

5/20/08 - Renewal of Driver License approved ( I-94 expired 5/20/08 ).

6/6/08 - AP approved

6/13/08 - EAD card production ordered

6/17/08 - Received email EAD card mailed out

6/18/08 - AOS touched

6/18/08 - EAD card received

6/19/08 - AOS touched

6/23/08 - AP touched... still waiting for the card to arrive

6/28/08 - AP card received

7/29/08 - Received email green card approved/card ordered.

8/2/08 - Green card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesh - 6 photos are needed because all those applications get separated somewhere along the line.

Also, on the AP, I answered some of those questions even though it appeared I didn't have to. I figured it couldn't hurt, and one of the Qs refered to where the document should be sent. I figured, better safe than sorry.

Our journey:

4/30/08 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/1/08 - packaged rcvd at lockbox

5/8/08 - All 3 NOAs received (dated 5/6)

5/8/08 - check cashed

5/10/08 - Biometrics letter received

5/27/08 - Biometrics appointment

6/10/08 - case transferred to CSC - YAY!

7/11/08 - rcvd emails that EAD card ordered and AP approved!

7/18/08 - AP rcvd

7/19/08 - EAD rcvd

7/29/08 - received email: card production ordered

8/2/08 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN MAIL!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you read the guide books you can buy you only need to send 2 photos of yourself and 2 of your spouse. Thats all i sent and nothing back so far.

N400 Timeline

June 05/20 - Applied Online

March 19/21 - Interview/Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.