AtlantiCat

How Late is TOO Late?

46 members have voted

1. 1. How long would you wait for somebody who is meeting you (for lunch, for example) to show up before giving up and leaving the meeting place? Assume no cell phone.

• Five Minutes.
    • Ten Minutes.
    • Fifteen Minutes.
    • Twenty Minutes.
    • Thirty Minutes.
    • Forty-Five Minutes.
    • One Hour.
    • Longer.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd wait 15 minutes for a "decent" friend; maybe 30 to 45 minutes for a really good friend and if I had to, as long as it took for family. Fortunately, a cell phone can make waiting times less difficult, since if someone is late, I can call them up and ask, "Where are you?!" :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 mins

but what kind of twilight zone is this, no cell phone??!?! :jest:

Would you give out your cellphone number to a forum stranger whom you'd never met?

05-13-06 - Met at Neo Nightclub in Chicago through a mutual friend.

05-24-06 - First formal date, followed immediately by weekend spent together.

09-07-06 - First trip to the UK. Sick most of the time, loved it anyway. :)

11-21-06 - Alasdair comes in for Thanksgiving.

03-28-07 - Second trip to the UK, flew out to Northern Ireland to meet the parents.

06-12-07 - Alasdair's next visit, we go everywhere and do everything. :)

06-17-07 - We become formally engaged, though it'd been in discussion for months.

07-27-07 - I-129F packet sent to Nebraska Service Center.

07-30-07 - I-129F packet received at Nebraska Service Center and forwarded to California.

08-24-07 - Check finally cashed!

08-25-07 - NOA1 Received!

01-30-08 - NOA2 Finally Received!

03-18-08 - Packet 3 Received!

04-03-08 - Packet 4 Received!

04-28-08 - Interview at 8:30am

Fiance still an idiot, sent wrong doc, still waiting on arrival date.

3052.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
20 mins

Would you give out your cellphone number to a forum stranger whom you'd never met?

For me, I am not sure I would want to even go meet someone one on one unless I had talked to them on the phone before, so yes I would give the number if there was a planned meet up. I don't think I'd go meet someone I didn't trust with my number. :P

If they called with a good reason for being late, I'd even wait an hour. I'd probably leave the cafe and go walk around and then go back after a little bit, closer to when they thought they'd be there. If I had no idea where they were(like no phone call) I'd probably wait 30mins.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
20 mins

I would. I don't care. If somehow they can find my address from my cell number they will be quite surprised when it leads them to a house I don't even live in anymore. If they find me well then yay for them cos they were gonna meet me anyways!

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.