ngoc

Minimum Income Req.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi anyone, i found out that the minimum income to spnosor my wife is $16,500 a yr.

my question is, how many years does the US embassy and the Foreign Embassy look at i heard they need the last 3 yrs; however,i do not meet the income req. in 2004

2002 = 12,000

2003 = 20,000 +

2004 = 14,000

2005 = 20,000 +

Appreciate the help if any..

08/01/04 met Van out of the blue in VN

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

05/25/05 lawyer FINALLY submit complete docs!!!

06/01/05 rec'd NOA1, error found but ignored

10/25/05 go back to VN to wait on case

01/25/06 left VN

03/01/06 tired of waiting, finally realized error is the cause of delay, call USCIS

04/01/06 rec'd letter from USCIS regarding correction being made

04/19/06 USCIS advise add'l evidence is needed, letter was sent to Lawyer

05/01/06 forward original copy of Nat. of Cert to Lawyer

Filed: Timeline
hi anyone, i found out that the minimum income to spnosor my wife is $16,500 a yr.

my question is, how many years does the US embassy and the Foreign Embassy look at i heard they need the last 3 yrs; however,i do not meet the income req. in 2004

2002 = 12,000

2003 = 20,000 +

2004 = 14,000

2005 = 20,000 +

Check here...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...y=HochiminhCity

According to this...the Embassy there only requires the I-134 for a K3 Visa. This usually only requires one year as documented by pay stubs, letters from your employer and/or bank statements. If you are concerned the best thing would be to contact the embassy at the email address on that page and ask them for clarification. If worse comes to worse...what about a co-sponsor?

ngoc

Have a read in the regional forums for vietnam specific information http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90 Vietnam is not an easy ride and for one it looks like they are not accepting joint sponsors.

The I-134 is only one thing that a conof may look at to determine if an applicant will or wont become a public charge. Whilst there is only one year income return required, many consulates look for more to overcome the public charge issue. Also have a read of the pinned thread in the Foreign Embassy Forum here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305

Have a read of this thread and the link within to overcoming the public charge issue http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5255

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

if they require one yr, then no worries. i have my wife give them a call though. as for a co-sponsor, none of my family or best friend would do it, (that really sucks) because they dont trust me or doesnt appreciate me marrying someone outside of US. my boss however, said she may co-sign for me. i really really hope she does..

yes, i have read some of the threads in the Asian section. alot of reads but nothing on income. good reads though....thanks for the links..

ngoc

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

01/25/06 left VN

03/01/06 tired of waiting, finally realized error is the cause of delay, call USCIS

Filed: Timeline

ngoc,

One needs to be meeting the income requirement today, the past income is used as helpful information for determining if the current income is likely to be sustainable into the future. Insufficient income at some point in the past is not alone a 'deal killer', it will depend on the circumstances.

Note that current and sustainable income is not the only relevant factor in determining if the visa applicant is likely to become a public charge after entering the USA.

Yodrak

2002 = 12,000

2003 = 20,000 +

2004 = 14,000

2005 = 20,000 +

Timeline

Yodrak, i heard that for a wife, they look at 3 yrs and for a fiance, its 1 yr. can you or someone confirm this?

thanks

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

01/25/06 left VN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.