boardashell_2000

Summer in Morocco

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Ladies,

For those of you who traveled to Morocco in the summertime, how hot is it for real?

My husband and I will be leaving for Morocco at the end of July and staying until mid August..We will be staying in the north on the coast and he assures me it won't be hot as I am requestion Air Conditioning...just wanted another opinon if possible

Thank you

Angela

MET ONLINE- JUNE 21, 2005

WENT TO VISIT YASSINE IN MOROCCO- APRIL 15, 2006

SENT IN I129F TO CSC- NOVEMBER 2, 2006

RECIEVED NOA1- NOVEMBER 15, 2006

CHECK CLEARED- NOVEMBER 20, 2006

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

NVC RECIEVED CASE-FEBRAURY 16, 2007

NVC SENT CASE TO CASA-FEBRAURAY 21, 2007

CASA RECEIVED-FEBRAURAY 26, 2007

PACKET 3 RECEIVED-MARCH 5, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE-APRIL 4, 2007

VISA RECEIVED- APRIL 12, 2007 WOO HOO!!!!

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

FILED AOS & EAD- JULY 24, 2007

EAD CARD RECEIVED-OCTOBER 3, 2007

GREENCARD INTERVIEW-DECEMBER 13, 2007

GREENCARD RECEIVED AFTER BEING LOST IN THE MAIL SENT BACK TO SERVICE CENTER AND REMAILED OUT AFTER SEVERAL PHONECALLS-JANUARY 25, 2008

FILING TO REMOVE CONDITIONS-SEPTEMBER 2009!

4621839_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

My first trip was in the summer. It was the last week in August into the first 2 weeks in September. It was hot. The house didn't have A/C so I bought a floor fan for the living room and the bedroom. I got used to the heat after awhile. I stayed in Kenitra the whole time. So I too was up north on the coast and it was still warm.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My first trip was in the summer. It was the last week in August into the first 2 weeks in September. It was hot. The house didn't have A/C so I bought a floor fan for the living room and the bedroom. I got used to the heat after awhile. I stayed in Kenitra the whole time. So I too was up north on the coast and it was still warm.

Love your new pic Aimee!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yep, it's pretty darn hot there then. I see you're from Michigan - if you're not used to the heat (I'm from Louisiana), it could be a real scorcher for you. Dress cool and drink lots of water - go out at night as much as possible. Good luck. You'll live through it...

eta: I highly recommend cotton & linen clothing - loose & comfy!

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
yep, it's pretty darn hot there then. I see you're from Michigan - if you're not used to the heat (I'm from Louisiana), it could be a real scorcher for you. Dress cool and drink lots of water - go out at night as much as possible. Good luck. You'll live through it...

eta: I highly recommend cotton & linen clothing - loose & comfy!

Thank you!

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

GREENCARD RECEIVED AFTER BEING LOST IN THE MAIL SENT BACK TO SERVICE CENTER AND REMAILED OUT AFTER SEVERAL PHONECALLS-JANUARY 25, 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It really depends on which part of Morocco you are going too. I was in Rabat in Aug, Sept, and Oct months. Oct was warm some days cool others, but nice. Aug to September wasn't as hot temperature wise as my home, but much more humid. I really wanted an AC bad! I was in Saidia in August, that was warm and humid as well. I was in Marrakech in October, and it wasn't as humid, but it was hot. I would assume that August would be really hot.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

it will absolutely be VERY hot. wear loose cotton clothes, try to stay inside during the peak heat times in the day, and if you can't get AC (which i highly recommend), get a big fan!

and absolutely DO NOT take a train in the middle of the day. i did thinking "first class" air conditioner would be good enough. i swear i thought i was going to DIE (this was from marrakech to casablanca in mid july).

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
It really depends on which part of Morocco you are going too. I was in Rabat in Aug, Sept, and Oct months. Oct was warm some days cool others, but nice. Aug to September wasn't as hot temperature wise as my home, but much more humid. I really wanted an AC bad! I was in Saidia in August, that was warm and humid as well. I was in Marrakech in October, and it wasn't as humid, but it was hot. I would assume that August would be really hot.

I am going to be in the North by Tangier on the coast..I am used to humidity though I live on Lake Michigan and it is humid as hell in the summertime...

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

Timeline
it will absolutely be VERY hot. wear loose cotton clothes, try to stay inside during the peak heat times in the day, and if you can't get AC (which i highly recommend), get a big fan!

and absolutely DO NOT take a train in the middle of the day. i did thinking "first class" air conditioner would be good enough. i swear i thought i was going to DIE (this was from marrakech to casablanca in mid july).

I figures as much about the train...and my fiance assured me that NOOOO its cool they have AC...I know they have AC but how well does it work...I just have a feeling I am going to be miserable!!!!

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am going to be in the North by Tangier on the coast..I am used to humidity though I live on Lake Michigan and it is humid as hell in the summertime...

My husband used to tell me how hot it was in Jamaica. Now that he lives in St. Louis, in the summertime, he knows how hot, hot really is!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I figures as much about the train...and my fiance assured me that NOOOO its cool they have AC...I know they have AC but how well does it work...I just have a feeling I am going to be miserable!!!!

Yeah they have AC. To bad it doesn't work most of the time...lol

You must keep in mind, he is used to it over there. We, on the other hand, have luxuries, and I like them. :thumbs:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

well unless the train i was on had a broken AC...it was a nightmare! hot air was coming out instead and it was barely on. even the moroccan people were practically passing out so i wasn't just the wimpy american (hehe).

if you go on a train, just go at night. :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

My husband used to tell me how hot it was in Jamaica. Now that he lives in St. Louis, in the summertime, he knows how hot, hot really is!!!!!

Yeah...my husband swears that it is hotter here than in Asilah which is where we are going! I think he is just used to it...but at least here we have AC everywhere!!!!!

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

Timeline

We traveled in the north of Morocco for two weeks one summer--I found Asilah and Tangier to be a lovely temperature in the middle of July.

We purposely traveled to the coast because it was unbelievably hot in Marrakech (my husband's home at the time)--around 120 degrees fahrenheit!!

One suggestion: bring bug spray for Tangier! The mosquitos were horrible in our hotel (right across from the beach in Tangier).

Edited by Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.