fitzee21

Lost engagement ring :(

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's too bad, my fiancee somehow has managed to misplace the engagement ring. I know this is one of the important items that she needs to show as proof of an engagement. However, because it's lost, I think it's somewhat of a problem. She has the original receipt and it's dated about 2 weeks before my visit in May 15, 2007.

Do you think it's important that I replace the ring and send her a new one or if she can use one that would be similar in price and just show it at the interview?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks/salamat :)

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
It's too bad, my fiancee somehow has managed to misplace the engagement ring. I know this is one of the important items that she needs to show as proof of an engagement. However, because it's lost, I think it's somewhat of a problem. She has the original receipt and it's dated about 2 weeks before my visit in May 15, 2007.

Do you think it's important that I replace the ring and send her a new one or if she can use one that would be similar in price and just show it at the interview?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks/salamat :)

opps i dont know for sure what u would want to do but ..........if its just for show she can get one in the same price range and description........but if its going to have sentimental value in the future is best coming from u

sorry to hear that...

although i was wearing an engagement ring during my interview, never did the officer brought the issue or asking for a receipt which i dont have one by the way lol... sure she can buy a replica if it matters with consul and just pretend its the ring that you gave her... you can buy her another one when she gets here in the US... good luck and i hope she'll find the ring eventually!!! God bless to both of you!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Sorry to hear about that. I was never asked about my engagement ring during the interview although I was wearig it. As what Ronmay said, just buy her another one when she gets here.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, thank you for the replies. My fiancee is INCREDIBLY sensitive. She sent me a text message as soon as she woke and I could tell something was really bothering her, but it took her a few hours to tell me, hehe. I just said, "It's ok my baby, it's just a ring, they make more of those!" I'm just glad that she wasn't hurt. Yes, she was mostly torn because it was a gift from me, but it wasn't anything expensive, I don't spend money on jewelry, my opinion is that it's overpriced, hehe. I called my friend who works at Sears and she is going to see if they are still carrying that ring. It's somewhat of a bummer because I bought her the matching necklace and earrings set (has a unique cut on the opal and the sides of the opal) so I'm hoping I can find the same ring again!

If not, it's no big deal, I can just send her some money and have her go and get one that's similar in price.

Thanks again for the information!

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs: During my interview, the consul never ask me about my engagement ring either.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.