hifalam

Additional Police certificate query

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have an important query with regards to the police certificate requirement for NVC.

I have spent approximately 5 years abroad in England between 1997 and 2001 on a student visa. i studied for a Bsc Hons degree in Business administration at Cardiff university of wales and then went on to do my Msc Marketing from Manchester university. during this time i made regular visits back home to Pakistan though i did live at a stretch in cardiff and Manchester for more than 1 year stretches in university accomodation.

due to my status as a student i was not authorized to work in England and hence did not engage in any part time jobs either. my concern is that if i am asked to produce a police certificate from england how do i go about it since i never registered with the police over there ( it is not a legal requirement for foreign students ) and i never had any cause to interact with them.

since i am now based in and working in my home country of Pakistan, i will be more than happy to present the pakistani police certificate. my concern is what do i do about the british police certificates. can i submit copies of my degrees to show that i graduated successfully and had no problems with the law. the other alternative is to get standardised letters from my universities indicating that i was a student at their respective universities and graduated successfully.

i currently have a valid visitor visa for the UK and the worst case scenario will be that i visit England and get some sort of a police clearance certificate from both cities. This will be extremely expensive and a very hectic option to undertake.

your valuable help or opinions regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards and best wishes,

Alamgir

You will need to apply for a Police Cert through ACPO as you were in England for 5 years.

See their website at:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp.

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I have an important query with regards to the police certificate requirement for NVC.

I have spent approximately 5 years abroad in England between 1997 and 2001 on a student visa. i studied for a Bsc Hons degree in Business administration at Cardiff university of wales and then went on to do my Msc Marketing from Manchester university. during this time i made regular visits back home to Pakistan though i did live at a stretch in cardiff and Manchester for more than 1 year stretches in university accomodation.

due to my status as a student i was not authorized to work in England and hence did not engage in any part time jobs either. my concern is that if i am asked to produce a police certificate from england how do i go about it since i never registered with the police over there ( it is not a legal requirement for foreign students ) and i never had any cause to interact with them.

since i am now based in and working in my home country of Pakistan, i will be more than happy to present the pakistani police certificate. my concern is what do i do about the british police certificates. can i submit copies of my degrees to show that i graduated successfully and had no problems with the law. the other alternative is to get standardised letters from my universities indicating that i was a student at their respective universities and graduated successfully.

i currently have a valid visitor visa for the UK and the worst case scenario will be that i visit England and get some sort of a police clearance certificate from both cities. This will be extremely expensive and a very hectic option to undertake.

your valuable help or opinions regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards and best wishes,

Alamgir

You will definately require a police certifcate from the UK, your degrees do not prove that you have a clean police record.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

If England is anything like USA, you would not necessarily have had to register with the police. If you had an identification card or drivers license, take that to your nearest police station and request it there. If there was any crime that was filed they'd have that on record. Good luck!

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.