APR

What is faster and best K1 or K3?

21 posts in this topic

Well I mean...I'm aware since I'm algerian it's why everythings probably gone so fast and smoothly (with security checks/background checks), but if there's a will there's a way. You just have to find someone you can pay extra or see if your fiance knows anybody that can help you out or if you have a muslim family to testify there are muslims in the family your fiance will marry into. I'm american citizen and my husband put christianity on our papers they didn't say anything so it really does depend who you are dealing with there. If you go physically infront of them with your fiance and you guys don't have huge age gaps they should proceed with the marriage. Anything to prevent fraud basically is their mentality. ^_^ God bless you and if you are really really in love I wouldn't lose hope. Just make sure your fiance is aware it will be a year or 2 before you guys will migrate here. It's tough being far away from a spouse!

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline
Well I mean...I'm aware since I'm algerian it's why everythings probably gone so fast and smoothly (with security checks/background checks), but if there's a will there's a way. You just have to find someone you can pay extra or see if your fiance knows anybody that can help you out or if you have a muslim family to testify there are muslims in the family your fiance will marry into. I'm american citizen and my husband put christianity on our papers they didn't say anything so it really does depend who you are dealing with there. If you go physically infront of them with your fiance and you guys don't have huge age gaps they should proceed with the marriage. Anything to prevent fraud basically is their mentality. ^_^ God bless you and if you are really really in love I wouldn't lose hope. Just make sure your fiance is aware it will be a year or 2 before you guys will migrate here. It's tough being far away from a spouse!

age gaps have NOTHING to do with the permission to marry....there s is a girl on this board and she is younger and it took her 4 months...They kept telling me get this then get that then get this...then wait 3 months...etc etc...You cant say something ignorant like this sara...you have algerian parents.......it has NOTHING to do with background checks either...my case moved faster through USCis than yours did by 60 days...(i had an expedite through nvc so that doesnt count....but with your logic you should have been done faster and your i130 took220 days and mine only 160....

You dont seem to get it.Getting married as a foreign national is hit or miss....I cannot in good faith tell someone to waste their 2 week trip to algeria tormenting themselves to get married...I did that on 2 seperate trips and ended up in tunis...easily doing it but wasting thousands...Fraud isnt the issue and they dont dcf anymore and Im the only long distance long wait cr1 on the boards and i wholeheartedly DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.Period.You know what ?A k1 can go through JFK and get an ead...a k3 cant...the k1s will be working faster than your husband with his k3...and they got here faster too....this damn cr1 was a waste of a year

I don't quite understand your last post sorry about the I-130/I-129F time line contrasting part. I filed in June I think for the I-130 and they did a fee mistake I sent 190.00 (old fee) and they said to send 355.00 or whatever and when I sent that in they sent my money back! Then they returned my whole money order and apologized sent a letter to show to my bank and said please send 190.00 Only since we filed before the new fee. That set me back couple of months! Moving my files too much to take care of other people. Also with the I-129F same exact thing happened with that. We only waited a week in NVC with the k3 I don't know if that info is relevant but thats the good thing with a k3. I can't believe he won't get the work Visa but it's ok he'll still work. 8 months ago my spouse dropped gossip to me about a 40 yr old marrying a 27 year old and them getting rejected so that's where I assumed age would've been a problem with an American marrying a national. It makes alot of sense since they rejected and they look for that when people file. I guess it is pretty hard marrying in Algeria I don't see the harm in trying though. If that doesn't work then go to Tunisia to marry or file here like the past posters say. There's couple of routes to take I believe.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline
I don't quite understand your last post sorry about the I-130/I-129F time line contrasting part. I filed in June I think for the I-130 and they did a fee mistake I sent 190.00 (old fee) and they said to send 355.00 or whatever and when I sent that in they sent my money back! Then they returned my whole money order and apologized sent a letter to show to my bank and said please send 190.00 Only since we filed before the new fee. That set me back couple of months! Moving my files too much to take care of other people. Also with the I-129F same exact thing happened with that. We only waited a week in NVC with the k3 I don't know if that info is relevant but thats the good thing with a k3. I can't believe he won't get the work Visa but it's ok he'll still work. 8 months ago my spouse dropped gossip to me about a 40 yr old marrying a 27 year old and them getting rejected so that's where I assumed age would've been a problem with an American marrying a national. It makes alot of sense since they rejected and they look for that when people file. I guess it is pretty hard marrying in Algeria I don't see the harm in trying though. If that doesn't work then go to Tunisia to marry or file here like the past posters say. There's couple of routes to take I believe.

its not...its relevant to being from another country...its simply easier to marry an algerian....because they have the family book....and records of who you are...its just difficult to get the required clearances as a westerner if you dont have time to wait in country.....if you have time to go from office to office cool

even with algerians...they have to wait for a license to arrive...it can take a while...especially the family book...it also depends on the level of bureaucracy as well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks to all who answer our question. We are need to evaluate everything in detail. Your experience give us hope. If someone else has more information, please pass on.

I-129F Sent: 2010-05-26
I-129F NOA1: 2010-06-03
Touch: 2010-06-07
Touch: 2010-10-14
I-129F NOA2: 2010-10-14 - notified by e-mail 2010-10-15 (approved in 133 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: 2010-10-20
NVC Left: 2010-10-21
Consulate Received:
Packet 3 Received: 2010-12-03
Packet 3 Sent:
Packet 4 Received:
Interview Date: 2011-01-23
Interview Result: Approved
Visa in hand: 2011-02-16
POE: JFK 2011-02-23[url="http://www.tickerfactory.com/"]
[/url]

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

K-1 is the fastest way and if I had to do it all over again I would still go with the K-1.

All in all it took only 5 months for my husband's case to be process and approved from the time we had filed our papers, but every case is different.

Good Luck in your visa journey and Welcome to VJ! :)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.