foxyroxy

another ds156 question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys!

regarding question #37: Are Any of The Following Persons in The U.S., or Do They Have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?

Mark YES or NO and indicate that person's status in the U.S. (i.e., U.S. legal permanent resident, U.S. citizen, visiting, studying, working, etc.).

i have 2 sisters and a brother in the US. Both my sisters are married to US Citizens and both are green card holders. My brother is studying so he is on student visa.

Some people have advised me not to disclost that i have relatives in the US while others say that i have to be honest with all my answers as the Embassy will definitely find out about it.

what do you think i should do? anyone with the same experience?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You MUST be honest on all forms, the consulate WILL have records on your siblings, and if you do not disclose this on the forms, they can and probably will deny your visa on the grounds of misrepresentation.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You MUST be honest on all forms, the consulate WILL have records on your siblings, and if you do not disclose this on the forms, they can and probably will deny your visa on the grounds of misrepresentation.

I must agree... Just keep in mind that if there's a way for "them" to check things out, never, ever lie about it.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

The truth shall set you free :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

Do not hide that, they already have the information that your relatives are in the U.S. If you lie, you can get banned for life from the U.S.

Honesty is the best medicine.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Timeline
I was in the same trouble, but I had ilegal brothers here. I put the truth. I don't think that it would be a problem in the future for grant the visa. Good day.

thanks to everyone who gave a reply...at least i am now more confident that i should tell the truth. God bless!

hello guys!

regarding question #37: Are Any of The Following Persons in The U.S., or Do They Have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?

Mark YES or NO and indicate that person's status in the U.S. (i.e., U.S. legal permanent resident, U.S. citizen, visiting, studying, working, etc.).

i have 2 sisters and a brother in the US. Both my sisters are married to US Citizens and both are green card holders. My brother is studying so he is on student visa.

Some people have advised me not to disclost that i have relatives in the US while others say that i have to be honest with all my answers as the Embassy will definitely find out about it.

what do you think i should do? anyone with the same experience?

They will still know it...better tell the truth..... :innocent:

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-02-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-07-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-18

I-130 Approval : 2007-12-03

Interview Date : 2008-04-10

Visa Received : 2008-04-15

US Entry : 2008-05-02

EAD Filed : 2008-10-16

NOA Date : 2007-10-20

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-19

Approved Date : 2008-12-31

Date Card Received : 2009-01-05

EAD was approved in 76 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.