izreal

Accidental Opening of Yellow packet.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all, My wife recently got her yellow packet in the mail with her Visa... This yellow packet says Do not open, used for immigration officer only in tiny letters... My wifes grandmother was home when the DHL man came and gave her the packet... She was happy to see my wifes visa and just too happy to see what was in this envelope and SHE OPENED IT!!!!

......... Now im just at a lose because i dont know what this means... Can someone here tell me what should i do? This packet says do not open for immigration officer only when you enter the USA... And its open... What to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to take the packet backto the embassy and ask them to reseal it for you.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

As has been said it needs to be resealed by the Embassy. You should not attempt to enter the US with the envelope open you are very likely to be refused entry if you tried to do so.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.