Michael and Lea

How do others deal with being apart.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How do others deal with being apart from your fiancee,while waiting to get your K1 processed ?

How do we deal with the lonelyness of missing our fiancee ? Talking on the phone everyday does not help me alot. I feel like i am gonna go crazy not seeing my fiancee.Anyone have some advice ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
How do others deal with being apart from your fiancee,while waiting to get your K1 processed ?

How do we deal with the lonelyness of missing our fiancee ? Talking on the phone everyday does not help me alot. I feel like i am gonna go crazy not seeing my fiancee.Anyone have some advice ?

I can only say what worked for me keeping busy......thats the most important thing........trying to stay positive is also important .......and i can say i am not always but.......it happens sometimes when it does u just have to refuse to give into feeling down and try to do things that make u happy and keep u busy..........good luck on ur journey i didnt see ur time line when i looked

Timeline

My fiancee just tries to stay busy doing work around the house and tutoring her sister.

As for me, I just try to stay busy with work and have as much human contact as possible. One of the reasons why I hang out here on the message boards all the time, lol. I also post on *removed for spam*(dotcom) but it has a lot less members compared to visajourney. I play video games online with my Xbox and I go out usually on Tuesday and Friday nights. I also increase my Tagalog vocabulary with Pimsleur Language Programs and Rosetta Stone. I also practice street magic so sometimes I'll go out the the mall and have fun with a deck of cards. However, she's never off my mind no matter what I'm doing or who I'm with, but these activities help me.

Edited by fitzee21

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Besides staying busy, I find Yahoo webcam and phone does wonders for morale everyday. My wife and I try to spend at least two hours a day on Yahoo. It is not the same as being together, but it helps a lot.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Estadia is right,keep yourself busy i know it's not sufficient but it'll help,and keeping the webcam on 24/7 will make you not miss your fiance that much,that's what we do :D .and lots of prayers that we'll have a speedy processing of our application and positive attititude can be a lot of help too.

good luck to all of us who're waiting to be approved and for those who're waiting for their interviews and visas.

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aside from talking to my husband at phone everyday, here's at my list how i deal with being thousand miles away from my husband:

1. Write a diary about my doings and feelings named to my husband. :yes: (where he can read when he check his email already) (L)

2. Stays with my parent's house and be spoiled. :D

3. Shopping. :luv:

4. Watch Monday to Friday KUNGFU KIDS, LOBO and PALOS. :lol:

5. Sorting out my clothes,shoes,flip flops, and other stuffs that i will bring and i will leave. B)

6. Play time with my kids cousin. :P

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I worked lots of overtime

I planned my wedding

I packed up my apartment, had a big yard sale of stuff I didn't want anymore, etc

I spent lots of time with my family.

And talked a lot with my babe. :)

The key for us was not dwelling on the fact that we were currently apart, but dwelling on preparing for the future. That alone helped us alot. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

well im also like you before... since my husband (then fiance) is too busy with his work/business, i think he doesnt miss me as much as i miss him lol, i guess... he often told me to get a hobby or something so i get pre-occupied and will not think about him too much, which is not working btw no matter how much i tried lol... i was in school back then but all i can think of is how i miss him, how i wish im with him etc (like im physically present but mentally absent in class lol)... he asked me if i could write him 300 letters in 300 days and with the minimum of 300 words per letter :wacko: lol... that was after 2 months after his first visit. so i did just that to keep myself connected to him and he loves my letter and looking forward to it every day... just that i never finished the 300 letters since i wasnt able to write him during his visits in phil (at least i missed 28-30 worth of letters/days perhaps just coz he was in phil during those times) plus i got an early interview sked so i flew here in the US with only 278 "official letter count" for him lol... of course i told him i owe him some letters so from time to time i write him a letter just like the old days and i guess i still owe him at least 15 letters more to go (i lost count already. lol)... it was fun though its like a diary or stories or some poems that i would have to really think hard to get the minimum 300 words and sometimes i get carried away with my stories that i reach 15,000 words in one letter alone. lol... i think i got obessed by it that i even would write him a letter while im in the classroom and scanned and emailed to him the stuff that i draw or the words i created or even just telling him how bored i am and how i wish my teacher would shut up already lol (not a good example lol)... it made him see what i am and who i really am now, and back when i was still a child, coz i wrote all my experiences, my views and my thoughts towards him and towards the things that i valued most or towards all the non-sense in the world. lol

plus we chatted also at least 1-2 hrs/day. not much... and he's not really into webcams also so i couldnt see him everyday (i think he only used a webcam 3 times? and it was like a 3 mins worth of voew lol)...

i know you'll be with your fiancee soon and its gona be all worth it! good luck and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we talked 3times sometimes 5times a day on the phone.....since we have 3yrs old son start exploring and learning to talk im not bored everyday or lonely he keep me busy.my son and i always explore,i drive him around. going to mall,i got to school before and i enroll driving lesson too.its really different when you have a baby,,,we are crazy about our son,,,we talk funny things about our son....our time will come soon.....just keep yourself busy.....

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Timeline

We did a lot:

1. talking on the phone,not just everyday, everytime we are awake.about 10 times a day..my salary went to expensive phone cards

2. using Globe or Smart roaming so he can send me messages

3. Yahoo chat to see each other on the cam

4. using chikka messenger to send him text message..i have millions chikka account

5. email

6. exchanging gift through mail

7. the best is, romance on the Phone :blush: ..You know!!!!!

Just think that you are one day apart the last time you saw him, but you are one day near to see him again!! I FEEL FOR YOU

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Filed: Timeline

Hmmm

Well, I work full time and I have a 6 year old son that I get to see every other weekend and that keeps me quite busy in it's self chasing him around hehehehe.

1. I am a musician so I practice playing the guitar and drums

2. I have a Ebay business that I devote about 15 hours a week to

3. I watch little tv

4. I go to church and see friends there.

5. House work (chores) Gosh I hate

But really, There isn't much I can do without missing my girl. She is always fresh on my mind so, I just try and do my best at keeping busy. Zandy quit her work about 4 years ago and moved back hope to take care of her 2 younger brothers and niece.. So, she is able to be online quite often.. So we do chat in the mornings and evenings most days.

I can't wait util the visa is in her hands and she's on a plane bound for the US of A

I am a little sick of Yahoo and the webcam and headset

Edited by Mike_Zandy

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

sometimes i get carried away with my stories that i reach 15,000 words in one letter alone. lol...

sorry but i need to correct myself. lol... its not 15,000 words (otherwise ill be writing a novel already :rofl: )

its just 1,500 words sometimes when im in the mood for writing... sorry again!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

This was our weekly schedule while I was still in the Philippines.

I woke up at 5:30 am and start chatting to Joe. At exactly 7:00 we stop while I went to eat, shower, dress up then chat again until 8:00. I was in the office by 8:30 or in the court if I had an appearance.

At exactly 11:30 am, I was back in the house to chat with Joe until he went to bed, I call him for his tuck in call ( about 2 to 3 minutes) then I had my lunch and went back to my office at about 1:30. I was home by 5:00 pm and I wait for Joe to come online when he wakes up and talk again online ( with cam of course) until about 8am here since he had to go to work. By 11 or 12midnight after Ive done my paperwork or read cases for a court appearance the following day he calls me for my tuck in call. We did this routine everyday except for weekends of course, Saturday and Sunday, we chat whole day until one went to sleep. We also used a lot of the MSN and Yahoo call service to talk for free and for long hours.

This is how we coped during the K1 process. Its all about sacrifice and time planning because of the time difference. Since I worked Monday to Friday, the days flew so fast. I believe keeping oneself busy helps in coping with the loneliness and distance.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.