Bobalouie

Anonther Moscow Approval

92 posts in this topic

Well, we got our approval last night. :dance: She was in and out in about 2 hours 40 minutes. She said everyone was pretty friendly, and she said that there were two women consuls who were conducting the interviews. She said the woman consul who did her interview smiled all the time when looking over our documents and that it made her (my fiancee) nervous. We spoke only briefly after the interview, so I will post more details later today once I have had a chance to talk with her some more.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, we got our approval last night. :dance: She was in and out in about 2 hours 40 minutes. She said everyone was pretty friendly, and she said that there were two women consuls who were conducting the interviews. She said the woman consul who did her interview smiled all the time when looking over our documents and that it made her (my fiancee) nervous. We spoke only briefly after the interview, so I will post more details later today once I have had a chance to talk with her some more.

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you! Great news!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! now another Russian woman on the OKC scene, much needed to add balance to our lives. When is your fiancee arriving or approximate date? Been so long I forgot the remainder of the process. We need to get together soon.

Congratulations! now another Russian woman on the OKC scene, much needed to add balance to our lives. When is your fiancee arriving or approximate date? Been so long I forgot the remainder of the process. We need to get together soon.

I leave to go and get her on the 24th of April, and we will be arriving here in the US on the 29th of April. She wants us to spend Easter with her family. :thumbs:

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:dance: Super News! Glad to hear another one jumps the wall! :dance:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG... our turn tomorrow :wacko:

I hope it goes as smoothly.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck Navarre Man! :)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I leave to go and get her on the 24th of April, and we will be arriving here in the US on the 29th of April. She wants us to spend Easter with her family. :thumbs:

Congratulations!!!! :dance: I love good news.

As an aside, it seems like we'll be crossing paths in the air. I fly to Russia on the 29th to get Ira, and we'll be returning on May 5.

Best of luck to you both,

Z

Filed: Timeline

It will. It will. I'd wish you luck but you don't need it. Let us know when she's approved!

Congratulations!!!! :dance: I love good news.

As an aside, it seems like we'll be crossing paths in the air. I fly to Russia on the 29th to get Ira, and we'll be returning on May 5.

Wow I can't believe how much activity we've seen here lately. So many USCIS approvals, interviews, visas, and homecomings!

I just sent all the paperwork I put together to Nadya over lunch. $163.00 via DHL, but at least I know it'll get to her. She got her packet from the embassy yesterday, so when I called today she was frantic. "Too much documents Keerk!! Too much!!" LOL Damn me and my procrastination, if I'd gotten these documents to her earlier she'd have seen that I've filled out everything her packet is telling her to fill out, including the supplemental DS-156K. I couldn't get a word in edge-wise for about 2 minutes as she rattled off all this stuff in her packet. I had to put the phone on mute for a bit because I was laughing so hard. She was genuinely freaked out. :D

Then she said that she has her immunizations, but not the documents to show the immunizations. I told her not to worry, that she could just get her immunizations again and get it documented this time. This did not sit well at all. "Not Keerk! Not! Too much immuneezatsia BAD!" Then she said she'd go get some documentation. LOL. I don't think I'll ask how she's going to get that document.

Edited by mox

Timeline

Congratulations, Robert and Elena! We are very happy for you. Soon all of us here wll be with our loved ones.

Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Seeing the big scars people who went to school in the soviet union have from their immunizations, her upset is understandable. Ouch!

As i recall, someone on this board--Blues Fairy?--was in the same situation as Nadya and she just went to the nurse or something of a local school and had them fill out an immunization history for her of the standard ones USSR schoolchildren had to get.

Then she said that she has her immunizations, but not the documents to show the immunizations. I told her not to worry, that she could just get her immunizations again and get it documented this time. This did not sit well at all. "Not Keerk! Not! Too much immuneezatsia BAD!" Then she said she'd go get some documentation. LOL. I don't think I'll ask how she's going to get that document.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline
"Too much documents Keerk!! Too much!!" LOL

Knock on wood, Ira was a trooper with the documents. Of course, I was the one freaking out due to philosophical objections to having our privacy invaded. Once Ira is here, safely, and her status is legally sound, I plan to found an organization geared toward doing everything possible to raise hell for the USCIS and DOS. Somebody's got to jar these agencies out of their complacency.

:bonk:

Z

Edited by shikarnov

Filed: Timeline
Seeing the big scars people who went to school in the soviet union have from their immunizations, her upset is understandable. Ouch!

As i recall, someone on this board--Blues Fairy?--was in the same situation as Nadya and she just went to the nurse or something of a local school and had them fill out an immunization history for her of the standard ones USSR schoolchildren had to get.

Yeah I think it was Blues Fairy.

Nadya's a nurse so I'm sure she's got connections to hook her up with the right documentation. As Slim is fond of saying, these ladies know their way around a system. I'm not too worried. And if we don't have to pay for more immunizations, no complaints here. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.