Corey-Mariya

Russia girls are amazing!

335 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I've skated a few times before, and I used to be really into street hockey as a kid. I learned how to skate using hockey ice skates, and when i went to Russia and skated with figure skates I was informed that I skated boy-style, like you do when you wear hockey skates. I didn't even know there were boy and girl skating styles. :P maybe if i learned girl-skating, I could walk like a Russian on ice. :yes:

I've also noticed most girls grab the arm of either a female friend, their mom, or their man while they walk around as well... I'm sure that helps their balance too.

Alla had skates on probably before she could walk. We rented a rink to ourselves once. I had never skated prior. She promised she could teach me in 30 minutes. I replied, no way! She insisted that, as a successful coach, if I listened to her, I would skate unassisted. I was shocked as she was right! I could make an entire loop without falling. I'm sure it has a lot to do with that nimble footing on the ice. :yes:
Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I started skating when i was 5, most of people in my class did as well. It was something to do during winter. There was always few open ice rinks in cities, it was awesome. Even though I was shafted with figure skates :( lol

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Russian men are AMAZING!!

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I've skated a few times before, and I used to be really into street hockey as a kid. I learned how to skate using hockey ice skates, and when i went to Russia and skated with figure skates I was informed that I skated boy-style, like you do when you wear hockey skates. I didn't even know there were boy and girl skating styles. :P maybe if i learned girl-skating, I could walk like a Russian on ice. :yes:

I've played ice hockey for more than 30 years, although since my wife arrived I haven't had the proper time to devote to it (and most likely never will...).

One of the highlights of my hockey days was playing with Slava Fetisov during summers when he was part of the NJ Devils team and wanted to stretch his legs before training camp began. He was mostly past his prime when he left the Red Army team to play in the NHL, but all the players who followed him in later years should kiss his feet for blazing the trail.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Timeline

I've played ice hockey for more than 30 years, although since my wife arrived I haven't had the proper time to devote to it (and most likely never will...).

One of the highlights of my hockey days was playing with Slava Fetisov during summers when he was part of the NJ Devils team and wanted to stretch his legs before training camp began. He was mostly past his prime when he left the Red Army team to play in the NHL, but all the players who followed him in later years should kiss his feet for blazing the trail.

Fetisov is awesome, I've played with Kasatonov who also was part of devils when Fetisov played. I have few pics with Fetisov which I treasure dearly!

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

I learned how to skate using hockey ice skates, and when i went to Russia and skated with figure skates

"Toe pick!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Fetisov is awesome, I've played with Kasatonov who also was part of devils when Fetisov played. I have few pics with Fetisov which I treasure dearly!

You know then that Fetisov and Kasatonov had a big falling out before coming to the US? When they both played for the NJ Devils, they refused to speak or acknowledge each other to the point where it drove their teammates crazy. The team would have to split into two separate groups when going out to restaurants, etc. because they refused to go out together. I'd always hoped that they'd reconcile someday...

Kasatonov was the better player at that point in their careers but Fetisov had the stones to rebel against the Soviet system without defecting. I remember reading about how much he hated the successful Red Army coach, Viktor Tikhanov, because he felt he was responsible for the death of a friend and teammate (I believe his name was Valeri Kharlamov). Tikhanov controlled every aspect of his players' lives, including how often they saw their wives and children. At one point Kharlamov was in Tikhanov's doghouse and when he asked that repairs be made to his car's brakes, Tikhanov refused. Soon after Kharlmov died in an auto accident when his brakes failed.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Timeline

You know then that Fetisov and Kasatonov had a big falling out before coming to the US? When they both played for the NJ Devils, they refused to speak or acknowledge each other to the point where it drove their teammates crazy. The team would have to split into two separate groups when going out to restaurants, etc. because they refused to go out together. I'd always hoped that they'd reconcile someday...

Kasatonov was the better player at that point in their careers but Fetisov had the stones to rebel against the Soviet system without defecting. I remember reading about how much he hated the successful Red Army coach, Viktor Tikhanov, because he felt he was responsible for the death of a friend and teammate (I believe his name was Valeri Kharlamov). Tikhanov controlled every aspect of his players' lives, including how often they saw their wives and children. At one point Kharlamov was in Tikhanov's doghouse and when he asked that repairs be made to his car's brakes, Tikhanov refused. Soon after Kharlmov died in an auto accident when his brakes failed.

Wow, I knew about Tikhonov and other cis players, but didnt know about Kasatonov Fetisov fallout. What a shame :(

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

yes, i can never walk more than two feet carrying something heavy without a man offering to carry it for me. in america they do sometimes, but it's not guaranteed like in Russia.

In Russia men will help you carry stuff because it's nice and it's a man's place to help a woman carry something. In the U.S., men well offer to help you carry stuff because they want your phone number. (Chris Rock does a wonderful bit about this. "Lemme help you with those bags.... lemme help you with some ####.")

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
yes, i can never walk more than two feet carrying something heavy without a man offering to carry it for me. in america they do sometimes, but it's not guaranteed like in Russia.

In Russia men will help you carry stuff because it's nice and it's a man's place to help a woman carry something. In the U.S., men well offer to help you carry stuff because they want your phone number. (Chris Rock does a wonderful bit about this. "Lemme help you with those bags.... lemme help you with some ####.")

haha, great stuff

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Very true. By only problem is when this courtesy becomes a mandate with regards to children. This is one of the few things that Alla & I disagree on. Whenever we returned home with a weeks worth of groceries, it was my sole responsibility to carry all the bags. It was "not right" to ask her children to each take a small bag or two to lightened my load. I asked her, What do you do when I am not here. "We divide bags." was her answer. My retort was then , Why can't we do that now? To which she responded with the obvious, "Because you are here!" I pointed out that I expect my own children to help me when we go to the grocery store. To which was returned the predicted, "This not America!" Personally, I see nothing wrong with children helping in this capacity, in America or Россия!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
Very true. By only problem is when this courtesy becomes a mandate with regards to children. This is one of the few things that Alla & I disagree on. Whenever we returned home with a weeks worth of groceries, it was my sole responsibility to carry all the bags. It was "not right" to ask her children to each take a small bag or two to lightened my load. I asked her, What do you do when I am not here. "We divide bags." was her answer. My retort was then , Why can't we do that now? To which she responded with the obvious, "Because you are here!" I pointed out that I expect my own children to help me when we go to the grocery store. To which was returned the predicted, "This not America!" Personally, I see nothing wrong with children helping in this capacity, in America or Россия!

Thats not russian thing, Russians make their kids do everything. Especially boys. It looks like an individual agenda not clash of cultures.

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree this is not a clash of cultures. My wife expects her daughter to help with the groceries and other things.

Thats not russian thing, Russians make their kids do everything. Especially boys. It looks like an individual agenda not clash of cultures.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.