brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hi Brian, I've been here quite a while but we'll be filing on April 15th.. the day after my divorce is final!

I was waiting to start this thread since I hadn't filed yet and didn't want to be talking to myself! :lol:

I'm glad you did because we've been waiting YEARS to get this started and it's good to have company! :)

Best of luck to you!

Kim I am so excited that your big filing day is nearly here! As you know, I am well aware of how awful the divorce wait is! Hopefully you guys will be luckier that we were and get approved in 1 month rather than 4!! Good luck!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
:whistle: Edited by brian87

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:whistle:

good luck with your journey

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline
p.s.: I hope someone could also start with "april csc filer's thread" or just "april filers thread". it is really nice to be in touch with people who may have filed in a different center but have filed in the same month. The january vsc filers thread will never be as wonderful as it is if not for the lively contributions of our january csc filer family (their part can never be discounted) and also all our friends who filed on different months who have showered us with support and encouragements. i hope all of you april filers will be able to experience the same bond we share with both the VSC & CSC january filers.

While I thoroughly enjoy the Vermont threads from Jan., Feb., and March, I also enjoy keeping an eye on the CSC posts. Because we can all draw inspiration from each other. I am suprised that there has not been additional April filer posts.

Of course, it is only the 4th of April, but once you have filed the days seem much longer. :)

I am already like, why has my check not cleared? It has been three full days, what's up with the VSC. (lol) (totally kidding, but time really does seem to move slower once you have filed.)

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Were applying for the K1 within the next few weeks. With a bit of luck and our fingers crossed, i hope to be in the US by end of October. Maybe im asking to much there lol.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Were applying for the K1 within the next few weeks. With a bit of luck and our fingers crossed, i hope to be in the US by end of October. Maybe im asking to much there lol.

Good luck to you when you file, the way Vermont are working October is a distinct possibilty.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

October for VSC seems very do-able!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

So Brian, what you're telling us is that you're going to be the impatient one of the group? :lol:

Welcome William Wallace. :)

Cmon April filers...I know you're lurking!

One week and 4 days for us!

timeline.jpg

Timeline
So Brian, what you're telling us is that you're going to be the impatient one of the group? :lol:

One week and 4 days for us!

Patience of Job, I tell you. :innocent: Now my faith that my check will not be misplaced or something is another story. Too many threads where checks were not cashed promptly which is a good indicator that your package is heading down the wrong track.

I promise, all I want is my check cashed and a NOA1 in a timely fashion, then I will be content with whatever the visa fairies may bring. :star:

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

Fingers crossed though it is quite possible. I know for us.. we were initially hoping for June and now it appears possible. But things have ran much smoother than we'd ever expected.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We're hoping for June too. Think that's asking a bit too much? :lol: Robyn, you're looking like April or May as long as your USEM doesn't drag their feet... are you ready for that???? btw..checked out your website... pretty cool!

Brian, my crystal ball tells me your check will be cashed this week! :lol: Did you send your package with proof of delivery? I'm starting to think that's going to be the way to go.

btw.. if there are any CSC filers who don't want to start their own thread right now please don't hesitate to join us here! We'd love to have you. :)

timeline.jpg

We're hoping for June too. Think that's asking a bit too much? :lol: Robyn, you're looking like April or May as long as your USEM doesn't drag their feet... are you ready for that???? btw..checked out your website... pretty cool!

Brian, my crystal ball tells me your check will be cashed this week! :lol: Did you send your package with proof of delivery? I'm starting to think that's going to be the way to go.

btw.. if there are any CSC filers who don't want to start their own thread right now please don't hesitate to join us here! We'd love to have you. :)

Thanks for visiting it Kim. I want to make some changes but not till Kris gets here. As for the Embassy.. sounds like they will be scheduling the interview soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We have just sent off our K-1 Application today too. Fingers crossed everyone and lets hope the speedy times continue with Vermont :)

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.