brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Raff! I hope everything works itself out for you, and that you get to the US asap!

How is everybody? What's new in everyones lives? I miss all of you guys!

I am working A LOT of overtime, saving up for the wedding and Christmas.

Mostly, that's why I haven't been online - other than the fact that Luis is hogging my computer, haha.

Take care guys!!!

Suzy

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good morning April. I decided we are waaaaaaaaaaay too far back! ;)

It's been just over a month now since my new husband has been back home with us. Our adjustment is a little different because we've already lived together here and abroad for so long. It just feels like how it's always been and almost as though the past year never happened. Weird.

We are still putting together the AOS package. I'm just not so motivated to get into all that paperwork again! Suppose I should do that today so we can send it off. As much as we enjoy our time together, I'm sure Russell would love to find a job in his field soon. The extra $$$ will really help too! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone heard from Graham and Meagan???

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey Kim!

No I haven't heard from Graham or Meghan :crying:

I hope (I'm sure) everything's going well for them.

Me & Luis are happy, him and my kids get along great and I've been working overtime so he's been helping me out so much, packing their lunches & getting them ready for preschool in the morning for me. He watches them when I work late as well. He's a huge help. What am I going to do when he starts working??? lol

We went down to get his social security # and while we wait for it to come, I picked up the book to study to take the NYS permit test. So he's studying all our road signs etc. right now. He also watches soccer 24/7 and hogs my iMac so that's keeping him busy.

We're getting married in the beginning of December, I haven't made the appointment with the judge yet because we're waiting for his Birth Certificate to come in the mail (his brother is sending us a certified copy), so we can get the license.

Otherwise, all is well in NY except for the excess of RAIN these past few days. Luis has never seen rain like this ever so he thought it was pretty cool.

Take care guys, please pass by to let everyone know how it's going!!!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

WELL...the EAGLE has landed!!!

He made it! He's here.. finally

Thanks so much to everyone for your support and kind words during one of the most

difficult times in my life. It has all been appreciated. Our plans are to be married

on November 8th.

OH and the phillies are gonna win!

Much love,

JILL and Jamerson

K-1 VISA

4/23/08..........K1 visa application sent

4/30/08..........NOA1

8/4/08............NOA2

10/21/08........INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO

10/29/08........POE AT JFK

11/08/08........WEDDING

AOS

12/27/08........AOS SENT

1/2009...........AOS Returned (wrong version of the form)

1/10/09..........AOS RE-Sent

3/11/09..........AOS RFE (income info)

4/10/09..........AOS RFE sent back with info

5/15/09..........AOS transferred to California

7/29/09..........AOS Approval notice sent (NO INTERVIEW!!!)

8/1/09............GREENCARD in HAND!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

hello all! sorry we haven't been on to even update anyone! i'm sure everyone is enjoying their loved ones just as much as we are! we officially got married this past weekend the 25th. small church ceremony with a reception afterwards...close friends and family. turned out to be a very nice day, the morning was awful with the rain. but in the end we are now mr and mrs and thats all that matters to us! everything is going good with the bump also! gained 19lbs so far, not to bad lol...

hope everyone is doing just as well! we'll try to keep in touch better! sorry kim and suzy lol

love,

megan, graham and bump!

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Filed: Timeline

My very best wishes to Graham and Megan (and bump) for their wedding! And to Kim for becoming a mod! :) I was one for some time on the board where Michael and I met, but after a while I stepped down because I was so stressed out with our situation. Anyway, I am so very happy about your promotion... There are lots of really mean people on this board who would benefit from being kept firmly in line.

Timeline

Good morning April...

Suzie, i'm glad things are going so well for you and luis and the kids. :)

Jill, have a wonderful wedding. congratulations to you both!

So nice to see you Megan, thanks for checking in. Please do keep us posted. Thinking of you guys lots!

Thank you Raff, We do have quite a diverse group here but I've run my own board for a decade now so I think it'll be just fine. You're very right, there is no need for nonsense here ...all of this is stressfull enough on those of us that use these forums. I'm flattered they'd ask and i'll do my best. :)

We are still flying pretty high over here. The weather is getting cooler but the trees are just breathtaking! We're still procrastinating on the AOS stuff. I have all the papers right here next to me and that's suppose to be what i'm doing... :whistle: Anyway, we're off to Maine for another Halloween party tonight but i'll check in tomorrow. Hope you are all doing well and being happy!!!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Good morning April...

Suzie, i'm glad things are going so well for you and luis and the kids. :)

Jill, have a wonderful wedding. congratulations to you both!

So nice to see you Megan, thanks for checking in. Please do keep us posted. Thinking of you guys lots!

Thank you Raff, We do have quite a diverse group here but I've run my own board for a decade now so I think it'll be just fine. You're very right, there is no need for nonsense here ...all of this is stressfull enough on those of us that use these forums. I'm flattered they'd ask and i'll do my best. :)

We are still flying pretty high over here. The weather is getting cooler but the trees are just breathtaking! We're still procrastinating on the AOS stuff. I have all the papers right here next to me and that's suppose to be what i'm doing... :whistle: Anyway, we're off to Maine for another Halloween party tonight but i'll check in tomorrow. Hope you are all doing well and being happy!!!

Hi all,

Congratulation to all of you that are now in the US, and all the best for everything :) It's good to read you it gives me the feeling that we will eventually make it too!!

I guess Kai&I are really the non-lucky April filers though! Before I moved back from Niger to France we did ask the vermont center to change my address so the case goes to the Paris consulate and they did say it was ok. However it seems like they gave the Niger address to the NVC, who logically sent our case there..

We then called Niger, asked them to transfer and thought they had, till we found out recently they hadn't. The consulate in Niger was very non professional plus very defensive agressive with me on the phone. I got the consul herself who just kept repeting "this is not an overnight process".. I was like "I'm aware of this it's been processing for more than 6 month, I'm just trying to track my case .." they basically kept our case there for no reason for one entire month. So frustrating... I also called the consulate in Paris (14euros) and got an guy on the phone who had no idea what he was talking about. NO IDEA. he was just useless and rude. I eventually got a consulate officer in Paris who knew what she was doing but was obviously overburdened by all the cases she has to deal with...

Another French couple from California had their NOA2 after us and they received their package 3 two weeks ago!! it just seems so unfair. I'm happy for them of course, but I want mine as well!!!

What I hate most in the whole process (appart that we are separeted of course) is how frustrated and angry it makes us feel. it's like everything is on hold..

So today I went to the cinema to see "the visitor". I guess I needed a story worst then mine to put my situation into perspective. At least I don't have a risk of being deported so it's not that bad...

Now we just have to wait, not knowing when the case will get to Paris. The consulate officer in Paris said they were scheduling interview for December right now, so by the time they get my case and we process package 3 we are more than likely to have an interview in January...

well, good luck to all of u with finishing K1 and starting AOS! :) and keep posting on VJ !

Lili :star:

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Have you tried calling DOS? (The USC) and seeing if they can help at all? or atleast give you more information on where your case is right now, physically. DOS know everything the Embassy do and most people say they are better than calling the embassy.

"this is not an overnight process" <-- that is incredibly insulting for them to say that to you.

Keep us updated with what goes on Hon, hopefully they have already sent it out and the french Consulate is efficient!

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Timeline

Wow Lili, sorry to hear of all the confusion. However, i'm not too surprised. It's unbelieveably frustrating to me how many people there are in this 'field' that really just dont even know what they're talking about! I'm sure there are exceptions to this but the reality seems to be that most do not know or care...and even worse, don't have the compassion to deal with those of us already going through a difficult time. Address or Consulate changes should be easy enough to take care of but they really do seem to cause so much hassle for people.

Anyway, i'd call every day and hope you find someone that actually might know how to do their job!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey,

thanks for your messages. We are now waiting for package 3 from the Paris Consulate. There is no way to get a consulate officer on the phone (execpt if they call us as they did last week) so there's not much we can do now, but wait..

we'll keep u posted !

cheers

lili

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Well, this thread was all too hard to find so I'm bumping it back up :whistle:

I guess everyone is busy enjoying life in the USA! And its probably almost time for a lot of us to start moving to AOS threads!!

Kim- wheres your wedding pics!!!!!! Graham and Megan- its so nice to see you 2 are together with the lil bump too! :)

I only have 3 weeks until my new life in Florida, so things are busy busy busy here! Cant wait for all of it to be over honestly and just be there already!!

Wish I could vote for Obama :) Though- I do hope whoever is President does SOMETHING to make me get more dollars for my pounds- its dropped soo dramatically :/ hehe...McCain is probably who I should be praying for then ;)

Well, thats enough of a random bump post already....

love to all!! (L)

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Wow Lili, sorry to hear of all the confusion. However, i'm not too surprised. It's unbelieveably frustrating to me how many people there are in this 'field' that really just dont even know what they're talking about! I'm sure there are exceptions to this but the reality seems to be that most do not know or care...and even worse, don't have the compassion to deal with those of us already going through a difficult time. Address or Consulate changes should be easy enough to take care of but they really do seem to cause so much hassle for people.

Anyway, i'd call every day and hope you find someone that actually might know how to do their job!

Hey all! Glad to see everyone is doing ok!! Do any of you know where I can find a sample letter to extend the application for 4 more months? We were both ready to do this emotionally but unfortunately not financially. Still in the process of saving money, and with Christmas coming up, both of us need a bit more time. We're sad that this Christmas won't be our first together, but Gareth also wants to spend it with his family, so extending our app is a good and necessary option.

If you know where I can find the sample letter, please let me know! Thanks!!

Again, congrats to you all!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Timeline

Hi Gaura, hope your transition goes smoothly. Umm pictures... still working on it. ;)

Steph, They may do it automatically but heres an example I found...

Dear Honorable American Consulate of (name of consulate):

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

I and my fiancé continue to be legally single and free to marry.

I and my fiancé love each other and plan to marry after his/her entrance in to the United States.

If my I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my fiancé’s interview,

I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé, (name of fiancé) may receive the K-1 visa.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi Gaura, hope your transition goes smoothly. Umm pictures... still working on it. ;)

Steph, They may do it automatically but heres an example I found...

Dear Honorable American Consulate of (name of consulate):

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

I and my fiancé continue to be legally single and free to marry.

I and my fiancé love each other and plan to marry after his/her entrance in to the United States.

If my I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my fiancé’s interview,

I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé, (name of fiancé) may receive the K-1 visa.

Thanks Kim!!

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.