jordin

Fees for medical exams

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Good morning to everyone: I have been busy reading all the comments you posted. Specially the ones from Cuba, since mi girlfriend is Cuban. I file my I-129 F on March 12, 2008 and up to day I have not received any reply from Vermont Center. Nevertheless I am positive and reading all the posting. I believe I submitted all the documents needed for the adjudication of my petition.

Now, Will someone tell me how much will be the cost of the medical exams in Cuba. Will the US Interest Section in la Habana, allow me to send her this money?

Once the petition arrives at the US Interest section in la Habana can I call for the interview or do I have to wait for my fiancee to pick the package at the embassy and complete them before I can call to make the appontment for the interview.

Thanks for all the comments and support I have received so far and I am learning more aboud the procecure.

May God bless you all.

Jordin :thumbs:

jordan soto

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry I can't address either of your questions. I know that there are some that have brought Cuban fiancees over will be along to help you out with these questions. You could always post in the Regional forums as some people may be through that process and have better knowledge of what you can do. Good luck.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi jordin,

I suggest you go post in the Regional section for Cuba, yeh. All of this stuff is region-specific, sometimes, so those guys will know exactly what you're talking about and will have already been through it.

It's my understanding that once the beneficiary receives Packet 3 and sends it and the checklist back in, THEN the embassy sends out an interview date. I could be completely wrong or maybe it works differently for Cuba. But I don't really understand what you're taking about in wanting to call them to set up an appointment, or why YOU (you're the USC, if I understand correctly) are trying to make the appointment rather than the beneficiary.

Sorry I can't help more.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Good morning to everyone: I have been busy reading all the comments you posted. Specially the ones from Cuba, since mi girlfriend is Cuban. I file my I-129 F on March 12, 2008 and up to day I have not received any reply from Vermont Center. Nevertheless I am positive and reading all the posting. I believe I submitted all the documents needed for the adjudication of my petition.

Now, Will someone tell me how much will be the cost of the medical exams in Cuba. Will the US Interest Section in la Habana, allow me to send her this money?

Once the petition arrives at the US Interest section in la Habana can I call for the interview or do I have to wait for my fiancee to pick the package at the embassy and complete them before I can call to make the appontment for the interview.

Thanks for all the comments and support I have received so far and I am learning more aboud the procecure.

May God bless you all.

Jordin :thumbs:

Hi Jordan,

welcome to the board. The Cuban Medical is $450 CUC. But there are 2 medicals. One for the US, which is an actual exam and blood and TB tests... i don't think the US one costs much. THe Cuban one is really just a way for them to collect $450 CUC. There is no actual visit to a doc or clinic for that one. Es Cuba.

You cannot send money through the US Interests Section. US Law allows you to use Western Union to send $1000 one time only for immigration costs. I haven't done that yet but I'm at the point of trying to do it. There is an affadavit you have to fill out to claim that this is your situation. And I think you have to go to an official Western Union office, not just any old check cashing place that offers WU money transfers.

Look under Edwin and Mary's profile for the phone number to call Havana.

After your petition leaves Vermont, it goes to the NVC in the US. You can also call them to verify if they have it, are workign on it or have mailed it to Havana. Once they say they have mailed it to Havana, maybe give it a week, then call to set up your appointment in Havana. If they say your fiance needs to pick up her packet first, just say you have already downloaded the forms from the web. Because at this point you are probably going to get an appointment in August.

You can visit my page, and under my Friends, there are all people with Cuban fiances. Read their posts to get some more info!

Also read the K-1 Flow chart provide on this site,... under FAQ i think.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.