amy n

MY POE

5 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Family,

:dance::dance::dance: I arrived Florida last Friday thru Continental Airlines :whistle: . Its a long travel but very :lol: enjoyable, :yes: exciting and for me its a new adventure. It is my first international travel and I am alone :yes:.

I leave Manila at 10:55pm....at the airport, I paid 1620 at 6pm ahead of time coz CONTINENTAL did not open yet. I was so early coz i just wanted to be there early to avoid the hussle of unpredicted events. Around 7:30 as it opens, i was 3rd in the line and i made friends with some elderly who travels to Houston so, we agreed to meet at the exit to be together all the time. :D

I got my boarding pass at the airport, I showed my passport and they ask me the purpose of my travel, heading to what state and ask me about my checked baggage. Then, proceed to the immigration area for security check up , I gave my passport and the boarding pass then, ask by the officer the address of my destination. Then, head to my gate. If you wanted to bring liquid like WATER, you can buy inside but ask for receipt coz at the gate, they will look for it . If you cant show them, you will have to drink it all or, leave it .

Im seated with 2 tourist couple. The flight is very nice and relaxing. My POE is GUAM. We went directly to the Immigration, I gave my passport and showed him my boarding passes and he asked me questions and asked for my packet and took me pictures then, directed me to a room. In there, they open up my packet and asked me questions and stamped my passport with a 90days duration. They staple the half of my I-94 form, {ASK THE 1-94 WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PLANE}, sometimes they forgot to give it . It was so easy and they are all nice and very accommodating and very friendly. There are Filipinos in the Immigration area, nothing to worry. Then, I proceed to the security area of inspection, then, on to the gate.

I arrived in HAWAII very relax . We go directly to the baggage area and got our baggage and checked it again and they told me that i can get that checked baggage in Florida. At the gate, they got my DECLARATION FORM which the airline attendant gave. We pass security check up again and got in the next connecting flight. Our flight from guam was delayed so, they hold our flight to HOUSTON. Everything went smoothly. Thank God.

In Houston, the airport is big...a little confusing but, just follow the arrow where you are heading. As i looked at the board, it shows flights and i looked for ORLANDO, got my gate 17....so far....i have to walk fast to catch up my flight boarding in 30mins. There are airport cars if you hate to walk but, i choose to walk though. When, i reached my gate, I am the only FILIPINO :P and i dont see familiar faces i have in my 3flights...i said bye to some of them along the way. I even helped some directed to their gates...Its really fun :D .

I arrived in ORLANDO and Ronald meet me at the gate and got me a bouquet of flowers ....yes...at the gate. He got a pass since he worked in the airport :yes: He is with a friend who worked in DELTA airlines...At the airport alone, my gosh...their friends welcome me....i have so many hugs already :lol::lol::lol: Thats it....I am now in the USA...thank GOD...VJ Family has really helped me a lot , and so, my turn to helped others as well on their journey that i have been.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

Good luck and enjoy your wedding!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I know I'm crazy. I don't even know you but I'm sitting here crying because your story is just so sweet.

Welcome to America! I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Welcome to the USA!

I'm glad that you had a good experience, especially on international travel alone for the first time! Enjoy adjusting to life in the US!

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.