StateSide

Packet 3 not recieved

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fience has been waiting on packeage 3 for several weeks. today I called DOS at 202-663-1225, option 1 then option 0. I was able to confirm that my package arrived at the Bogota Embassy around march first. I was also able to confirm that during the first week of March the Bogota Embassy did in fact mail package three to my fiancee. this package was NEVER recieved at my fiance's home.

What steps do i need to take to get this package sent again? how can I find out what happened to this package?

Any help would be greately appreciated...

StateSide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
My fience has been waiting on packeage 3 for several weeks. today I called DOS at 202-663-1225, option 1 then option 0. I was able to confirm that my package arrived at the Bogota Embassy around march first. I was also able to confirm that during the first week of March the Bogota Embassy did in fact mail package three to my fiancee. this package was NEVER recieved at my fiance's home.

What steps do i need to take to get this package sent again? how can I find out what happened to this package?

Any help would be greately appreciated...

StateSide

Have you read this?

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Bogota

There is a link for the Package 3 instructions.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/appt-package.html

call the embassy on a Wednesday between the hours of 2 and 4 pm bogota time.

keep trying until you get thru.

you may have to repeatedly dial as many as 40 times or more to get thru.

011-57-1-315-1566 (consular section - visas) Weds from 2-4

also fax a request for a duplcate

011-57-1-315-4155 (consular section - visas)

also email them

IVBogota@state.gov

just keep trying, then ask for the interview date (have your case number) and a duplicate package.

we waited in Cali for a month before I went in person to the embassy and asked for a duplicate package.

sounds like you may have your interview this month, April.

when are you planning to go to colombia?

do not even think about allowing her to go to the interview alone.

mail service in colombia is terrible and very unreliable.

you have many forms to complete and documents to gather.

go to the embassy website and check April dates and see if you are scheduled for an interview

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/apr2008a1.pdf

Edited by j and c

5. After confirming that the embassy has your package follow these steps. You do NOT need to wait until you receive package 3.

A. Prepare your package 3 response. It should include the following items only. There should be a total of 5 pages including your one page cover letter.

1. Cover letter

2. OF-169 (page 5 of packet 3 instructions)

3. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

4. Copy of fiancée's passport (biographical data page)

The cover letter should include the petitioner's and beneficiary's names and the BGT case number. State that the beneficiary has all the required documentation ready and request the earliest available appointment.

B. Fax your response to Package 3 to the embassy at 011-57-1-(315-4155. To be extra thorough, send your package 3 response via courier such as Servientrega also.

6. After receiving your Package 3 response the embassy will schedule your interview. To discover your interview date call DOS at (202) 663-1225 x1, x0. You may also call the embassy consular section for visas for your interview date at: 011-57-1-315-1566. They only acept calls on Wednesdays between 2:00 & 4:00 PM.

Timeline

Ok... an update. The second packet didn't show either. I called and the embassy told my fience to come and pick it up. On April 3, 2008 she went to pick up the packet and also took with her the documents we had found and filled out. the embassy looked at the documents and said she did not need a packet 3. she was told she would have her packet 4 in 6 weeks. On April 7, 2008 the embassy called and said she has an interview scheduled on may 2. They also told her to come and pick up the packet 4 on thursday. Guess they gave up on the mail system...

OMG... I have to be in Bogota in 3 weeks........ It's interview time.

Anyone have any suggestions for cheap airline tickets back to the US. My fiance isn't going to want me to come back to Dallas alone. She has already mentioned that she is packing her bags now...

Cjheap flights anyone?????

Timeline

The people at the embassy :goofy: have been a big help. They expedited her packet three and within 2 business days we had an interview date... :dancing:

I hope I can say the same after the interview..... :jest:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow! That's great! :thumbs:

I so seldom see someone reporting that a consulate was helpful and cooperative.

I hope the rest of the process goes just as smoothly for you. :dance:

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.