StateSide

Bog embasy sent pack 3 but fience never recieved?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fience has been waiting on packeage 3 for several weeks. today I called DOS at 202-663-1225, option 1 then option 0. I was able to confirm that my package arrived at the Bogota Embassy around march first. I was also able to confirm that during the first week of March the Bogota Embassy did in fact mail package three to my fiancee. this package was NEVER recieved at my fiance's home.

What steps do i need to take to get this package sent again? how can I find out what happened to this package?

Any help would be greately appreciated...

StateSide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here is a GREAT palce to post this question. They have all been through this or are going through the Bogota Embassy

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2572

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Try to take the shortcuts listed in the Colombian thread since many beneficiaries don't get either packets 3 nor 4 since the Colombian mail system is extremely horrible.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Try to take the shortcuts listed in the Colombian thread since many beneficiaries don't get either packets 3 nor 4 since the Colombian mail system is extremely horrible.

Diana

Hi Diana,

I keep seeing places where everyone says to take the shortcuts, but they seem to be either not obvious to me or they are hiding from me...

could you elaborate on them please??? :whistle:

Could these shortcuts simply be refering to where i am reading to go ahead and get the papers completed... then fax and deliver to the embasy via carrier???

My fiancé has a copy of another of our friends k-3 package 3 from back in December. I know what his package says he needed for his k-3 but i am not sure of what the difference might be between his K-3 package 3 and our K-1 package 3.

Thanks, Stateside

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My fience has been waiting on packeage 3 for several weeks. today I called DOS at 202-663-1225, option 1 then option 0. I was able to confirm that my package arrived at the Bogota Embassy around march first. I was also able to confirm that during the first week of March the Bogota Embassy did in fact mail package three to my fiancee. this package was NEVER recieved at my fiance's home.

What steps do i need to take to get this package sent again? how can I find out what happened to this package?

Any help would be greately appreciated...

StateSide

Hello there,

Does your fiance live close to the Embassy? I will tell you what my fiance did. 1st they sent our packet out and it was taking longer than we thought when she live only a few miles from the consulate.

So what she did was she went to Consulate and said she she had a change of address and was worried they sent the packet to the wrong address and ask if she could recieve a new packet and they gave her the packet with out any problem. I hope this may help you.

Timeline

Yes, the Colombian Club thread has links on where to find the latest packet 3 and how to fax and then mail the documents to the embassy.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

If you know the case number - then your fiancee should be able to get all the documents together and fax the one (or is it two) pages back to Bogota in the meantime. Basically the packet 3 has a list of documents that he/she needs to gather and a couple pages that he/she faxes back to Bogota stating that he/she has gathered all the documents. This gets the process rolling for packet 4 - which is the interview date and medical exam process and fees etc. If you have a packet 3 from a previous filing - you fiancee can use it to do her own. You definitely need the case number to do this step though. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Hey all,

My fiancé lives in Bogotá with her teen age son and daughter.

We have the BOG number issued by the embassy. The Embassy sent me an e-mail today and said they would send out pack 3 again... <_<

We are not going to wait any longer. :clock:

Today she started gathering her required documents.

My fiancé spent all day today getting her passports, and on her way home she is going to go to one more place and get the required 6 photos of each person.

Tomorrow she has scheduled vaccinations and she is also going to get a legible copy of all vaccinations.

Monday she is going to DAS for her paperwork there.

I think this will only leave us a few pieces of paper to fill out. She has mentioned that some of the questions on the papers are a little confusing to her. Is there a guide for filling out these papers she might draw some wisdom from?

Best regards,

StateSide

5. After confirming that the embassy has your package follow these steps. You do NOT need to wait until you receive package 3.

A. Prepare your package 3 response. It should include the following items only. There should be a total of 5 pages including your one page cover letter.

1. Cover letter

2. OF-169 (page 5 of packet 3 instructions)

3. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

4. Copy of fiancée's passport (biographical data page)

The cover letter should include the petitioner's and beneficiary's names and the BGT case number. State that the beneficiary has all the required documentation ready and request the earliest available appointment.

B. Fax your response to Package 3 to the embassy at 011-57-1-(315-4155. To be extra thorough, send your package 3 response via courier such as Servientrega also.

6. After receiving your Package 3 response the embassy will schedule your interview. To discover your interview date call DOS at (202) 663-1225 x1, x0. You may also call the embassy consular section for visas for your interview date at: 011-57-1-315-1566. They only acept calls on Wednesdays between 2:00 & 4:00 PM.

Timeline

After not receiving our packet 3, we went ahead and started gathering the required documents. I did however call the embassy and inform them that now... two packets had been lost in the mail. The embassy said that on Tuesday and thursdays, at 12:30 my fience could go to the embassy and tell the guard that she was there to pick up a packet 3. The guard would verify her BGT number and then grant her access.

My fience is not patient at all... And this is an understatement to say the least! I am so glad that she has constantly been persistient in this matter. She want's to come home!

My fience went as requested to the embassy but she also took all of her documents for the packet three.

She was let in to pick up her packet and also explained to the lady waiting on her that she had all of the documents completed and with her. The lady asked to examine the documents and after examination handed my fience a recipt stating all documents received and told her she would not need packet three and that she would have packet four within 4-6 weeks.

WooHoo... you go baby girl.

Timeline

Nice!!! That's the way to do it. Now since there could be a possibility that she won't receive packet 4 either, based on not getting 2 packet 3s so far, what you can do is in a week or so start calling either the NVC or DOS and find out when her appointment for the interview will be. She can then again go pick up packet 4 herself and get that out of the way.

I tell ya, the Colombian mail system is beyond repair. -_-

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

My fience must have done something right... :innocent: She went to the embassy on Thursday April 3 and took her packet 3 papers. The lady at the embassy told her that she should get her packet 4 in four to six weeks. Monday April 7 a lady from the embassy called her and said her interview date was set for May 2 :dance: and to come by the embassy and pick up packet 4. :wow:... that is only two business days. I'm impressed.

OMG... :blink: I have to go to Bogota in three weeks...

Any suggestions on how to get cheap airfare for my fiancee and her two children? :goofy:

Timeline
My fience must have done something right... :innocent: She went to the embassy on Thursday April 3 and took her packet 3 papers. The lady at the embassy told her that she should get her packet 4 in four to six weeks. Monday April 7 a lady from the embassy called her and said her interview date was set for May 2 :dance: and to come by the embassy and pick up packet 4. :wow:... that is only two business days. I'm impressed.

OMG... :blink: I have to go to Bogota in three weeks...

Any suggestions on how to get cheap airfare for my fiancee and her two children? :goofy:

There's someone in the K1 Colombian thread who said the same thing, that a lady from the embassy had called her to let her know her interview date was on 05/02, mainly because there probably wouldn't be enough time for packet 4 to arrive.

Try www.kayak.com. I usually try Travelocity and that works for me.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.