Islanddream

All Yardies

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

Happy Easter to you guys,

My husband sent the IV fee bill and affidavit to NVC from February, we thought by now i would be sending the DS-230 to them, my husband says he will call NVC to find out whats going on, (havnt heard from them since) i have read lots of timelines and it seems that the interveiw date is taking forever after case complete, i am 12 weeks pregnant, my husband would love for me to be there to give birth, if our case is completed say may- june it wouldnt be possible to get an interveiw date so soon afterwards my family thinks that we should call NVC and letting them know that i am pregnant and would love to get an interveiw date before the baby comes, do you guys think thats a good idea? i have read on other boards where they send a doctors report ect, not sure if it will work at ja emabssy, any info will be appreciated, i am trying not to stress over this, its my first baby and would love to be with my husband.

all the best

Stacey

Timeline
Hello All,

My husband sent the IV fee bill and affidavit to NVC from February, we thought by now i would be sending the DS-230 to them, my husband says he will call NVC to find out whats going on, (havnt heard from them since) i have read lots of timelines and it seems that the interveiw date is taking forever after case complete, i am 12 weeks pregnant, my husband would love for me to be there to give birth, if our case is completed say may- june it wouldnt be possible to get an interveiw date so soon afterwards my family thinks that we should call NVC and letting them know that i am pregnant and would love to get an interveiw date before the baby comes, do you guys think thats a good idea? i have read on other boards where they send a doctors report ect, not sure if it will work at ja emabssy, any info will be appreciated, i am trying not to stress over this, its my first baby and would love to be with my husband.

all the best

Stacey

are you filing for your husband and living in the US or it's the other way around? You wrote that your husband would love for you to be there to give birth so i'm wonder how you going to do the medical well the x-ray part.

Timeline
Hello All,

all the best

Stacey

are you filing for your husband and living in the US or it's the other way around? You wrote that your husband would love for you to be there to give birth so i'm wonder how you going to do the medical well the x-ray part.

Hi Dimples,

My husband is the one filing for me, i live here in Jamaica, about the medical, i read that pregnant women will not do the ex-ray, the shots i wont be able to take them, not good for the baby

Timeline

don't know if letting them ur preggo will do any good but u can sure try...as far as medical and preggo it happens all the time

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
don't know if letting them ur preggo will do any good but u can sure try...as far as medical and preggo it happens all the time

Thanks for replying Kimmy, my husband will call them, i hope something good can come out of this, its soo stressful dont know how long i will be here before we can finally be re-united as a family lawks it hard, if the baby is born here another stress with paper work again.

Timeline

Thanks for replying Kimmy, my husband will call them, i hope something good can come out of this, its soo stressful dont know how long i will be here before we can finally be re-united as a family lawks it hard, if the baby is born here another stress with paper work again.

Stace if I may mi know itso hard..but nothing try nothing done...it's only been a couple of weeks just keep ur finga dem crossed if anything he can come to JA and be there for the birth and such...with the baby being born of a USC don't think it should be that much when the baby gets here...HOPE

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Stacy;

Welcome to VJ and congrats on your preganancy. Like Kimmie says, nothing try nothing done. They can either say yes or no. If your child is born in Ja and the father is a USC, all you have to do is a consular report of birth abroad and the baby is automatically a USC. I think that is what it's called.

Don't stress yourself too much for the baby's sake. Just keep the faith and keep praying.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and have your husband call the NVC and find out about your paper work :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Hi Stacy;

Welcome to VJ and congrats on your preganancy. Like Kimmie says, nothing try nothing done. They can either say yes or no. If your child is born in Ja and the father is a USC, all you have to do is a consular report of birth abroad and the baby is automatically a USC. I think that is what it's called.

Don't stress yourself too much for the baby's sake. Just keep the faith and keep praying.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and have your husband call the NVC and find out about your paper work :thumbs:

Yes that is what I heard when i called the 202# if you want to report a birth aboard.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can try. I've not seen a single thing that has made the JA embassy speed up except for luck of the draw.

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

The x-ray is not required for pregnant women. She is exempt because of that. Also, any vaccinations such as the MMR she will not need to have untile she's had the baby and finished breastfeeding.

Nuh worry girl, yuh case reach far, so mi KNOW everything will work out.

If the baby born there, it will be a US citizen, all that will happen is that you apply for a US passport for it.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.